MLB Trade Rumors

Stoney

Manny Machado appears to be headed to the Dodgers for prospects.

Eduardo Escobar and Mike Moustakas are the Phillies fall back options for Machado.

Raisel Iglesias of the Reds could help the Astros bullpen. Zach Britton of the Orioles is another name to watch. 

Rangers have looked into Yankees 3B Miguel Andujar. 

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Manny Machado appears to be headed to the Dodgers for prospects.

Eduardo Escobar and Mike Moustakas are the Phillies fall back options for Machado.

Raisel Iglesias of the Reds could help the Astros bullpen. Zach Britton of the Orioles is another name to watch. 

Rangers have looked into Yankees 3B Miguel Andujar. 

I don't want any part of Britton. I'd love to have Iglesias

• Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 10:39 PM, thegreatbambino said:

Rangers traded pitcher Jesse Chavez to the Cubs for Minor league pitcher Tyler Thomas.

Hopefully not the last deal of the season.

Astros, Cubs seem to be the leaders for Britton. Britton isn’t Jheurys Familia but if you can get him for that type of price (17th ranked A’s prospect and a AAA/AA pitcher), especially lower that’s a cheap arm.

Cole Hamels drawing interest from the Phillies, Yankees, Braves, Red Sox.

Keone Kela and Jake Diekman are on the block. Let’s tear it down and build it back up again.

3 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Personally I'd take him at a bargain price. His health is too suspect to give up meaningful prospects for. He would be a plus for the bullpen but not at the cost I would expect him to bring

If a healthy All Star closer just went for basically nothing, Machado got dealt for 2nd/3rd tier prospects, Houston wouldn’t have to give up much to get Britton.

4 hours ago, Wild74 said:

You don't want him because you don't think we need him are he is a pain

Afraid of price and health. Last year his asking price was astronomical. If he can get healthy AND we can get a good deal (No Tucker/Whitley) then I'm okay. While I'm glad we won, I'm not ready to sell the farm for another title. Save some for the future...

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

If a healthy All Star closer just went for basically nothing, Machado got dealt for 2nd/3rd tier prospects, Houston wouldn’t have to give up much to get Britton.

That deal is so sketchy. Anytime the Yankees or Dodgers get somebody like that it sets off my BS meter.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Afraid of price and health. Last year his asking price was astronomical. If he can get healthy AND we can get a good deal (No Tucker/Whitley) then I'm okay. While I'm glad we won, I'm not ready to sell the farm for another title. Save some for the future...

No way you’re giving up Tucker or Whitley for Britton. I’m hanging up on Baltimore if they pull that.

4 minutes ago, topher805 said:

I'm totally convinced at this point that Whitley & Tucker are 100% safe. I sure didn't feel like that last year

1 minute ago, THSfanatic said:

That deal is so sketchy. Anytime the Yankees or Dodgers get somebody like that it sets off my BS meter.

For all accounts and reports I’ve seen it’s a one year rental. I agree with you. Your telling me all year you’ve been planning on moving him and that’s the best deal you get? Bull. 

2 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

I'm totally convinced at this point that Whitley & Tucker are 100% safe. I sure didn't feel like that last year

We’d give Y’all Kela and Diekman for that.

30 minutes ago, Stoney said:

No way you’re giving up Tucker or Whitley for Britton. I’m hanging up on Baltimore if they pull that.

I think one of the two was on the block last year for him. It was their owner that nixed the deal at the last minute after everything was agreed upon and medical reports were cleared.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Britton to the Yankees for three minor league pitchers

Makes no sense to me, except for the fact they didn't want the Astros or Boston to get him. Just a case where you can spend anything you want.   It actually is fine with me. I know the Astros were after him, but I wasn't a fan...…….but they are much smarter than me.  I don't want a 2 month rental.  I'd be willing to give some valuable pieces for Iglesius

Ken Rosenthal- Among names #Rangers are considering from #Pirates in Keone Kela discussions, per sources: RHP Tyler Eppler, OF Jordan Luplow, SS Kevin Newman, RHP Dovydas Neverauskas. All are at Triple A. Newman is team’s No. 8 prospect, per @MLBPipeline, Luplow No. 22.

4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Ken Rosenthal- Among names #Rangers are considering from #Pirates in Keone Kela discussions, per sources: RHP Tyler Eppler, OF Jordan Luplow, SS Kevin Newman, RHP Dovydas Neverauskas. All are at Triple A. Newman is team’s No. 8 prospect, per @MLBPipeline, Luplow No. 22.

Ken Rosenthal- Now told these players are NOT part of current discussions between clubs. #Rangers were merely doing background work on them.