2018 British Open.

1jacket

Per @EspnStatsInfo: 

Tiger Woods is No. 50 in the Official World Golf Ranking, meaning he is officially in the field for the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational. 

Woods has won the event 8 times, tied with himself and Sam Snead for the most wins by any player at a single event in PGA TOUR history. https://t.co/8Hx7bDlx02

There’s two athletes that I can think of that truly shortened their level of greatness due to injuries/personal issues. Ken Griffey, Jr should have been the all time home run king. Tiger Woods would have held the majors record. Still great. Still all timers. Their bar ended just lower than it should have.

14 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Molinari was a par machine today ... hardly ever in trouble ... he played safe smart golf and stayed out of trouble ....

Woods was in a similar boat until 11? When he tried that flop shot after bouncing it off a spectator...Kinda fell apart from there

8 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Woods was in a similar boat until 11? When he tried that flop shot after bouncing it off a spectator...Kinda fell apart from there

Woods is playing very good golf.  If he can stay healthy and keep his drives in the fairway he could win a few  more tournaments.  There are so many young incredibly talented golfers on the tour now, it's going to be hard for anyone to dominate the tour like Tiger did for so long ...

2 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Woods is playing very good golf.  If he can stay healthy and keep his drives in the fairway he could win a few  more tournaments.  There are so many young incredibly talented golfers on the tour now, it's going to be hard for anyone to dominate the tour like Tiger did for so long ...

Tiger played very well and has been playing better. I think he has a shot at Firestone. I'd like to see him challenge Jack's record, but 4 more is tough at his age...

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:12 PM, Stoney said:

There’s two athletes that I can think of that truly shortened their level of greatness due to injuries/personal issues. Ken Griffey, Jr should have been the all time home run king. Tiger Woods would have held the majors record. Still great. Still all timers. Their bar ended just lower than it should have.

I think you could add Bo Jackson to that list ... he was maybe the most talented running back I have ever seen ... injury cut his career short.  I would have like to have seen what he could have accomplished if he had stayed healthy ...

• Like 1