Tomato Bowl Renovations

Matt

2 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Yes its going to be very nice when its done, and a lot of parking spaces. Wonder how long it will take them to finish.

Thanks! It will be ready for Graduation 2019 in late May.

2 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Im hearing Carthage will be first home game for Jax in late Aug 2019.

That is true . . . just like JAX was the first game in Carthage's new stadium in 2008. How about that!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Sorry im late but where will they play home games this year? 

3 games at Rose Stadium and 1 at Bullard are our "home" games . . .  the rest on the road. Will flip that next year, of course.

On 8/2/2018 at 2:06 PM, Matt said:

Note the visitor parking on the visitor side (first picture, just poured it today!)

I would be thinking that that parking is going to be for Home and Visitor BUSES only ... noticed that the land just across the creek has been for sale for some time ... too bad they couldn't clear and use that for parking ... guess they're fresh outta "sugar daddies" ... and Burger King coming in will greatly reduce parking in an area where parking is already a problem.

I am so glad the kept the bricks... That is such an iconic fixture here in East Texas. Look forward to catching games there when Palestine plays you guys. Despite the age of the Tomato Bowl and some obvious detractors,I have always enjoyed taking in a game there. Loved the atmosphere and how close you were to the action on the field. Even loved those damned trains. That was part of the appeal of it all, and what make the Tomato Bowl what it is.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, phswildcatsfan said:

I am so glad the kept the bricks... That is such an iconic fixture here in East Texas. Look forward to catching games there when Palestine plays you guys. Despite the age of the Tomato Bowl and some obvious detractors,I have always enjoyed taking in a game there. Loved the atmosphere and how close you were to the action on the field. Even loved those damned trains. That was part of the appeal of it all, and what make the Tomato Bowl what it is.

I ‘be always like the historical part of the place, but I could live  without the 🚂🙁.....

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I ‘be always like the historical part of the place, but I could without the 🚂🙁.....

WHA?????

The train was the ONLY redeemable part of me ever going there IMHO. 

LMAO

• Like 1

That land is still available if the JISD wants to try and purchase it later (funds???) 

When you build a coded parking lot, each space costs $1800 each —EACH! So to get a decent parking lot, that’s a lot of money. The taxpayers approved $ 15 million for Tomato Bowl and that’s the amount of money that we’re going to spend. I chaired the PAC to get the bond approved and our goal was to fix the stadium first and foremost. Still plenty of downtown parking available. Bond passed at 80%, pretty resounding yes by voters. 

• 7 months later...

I think the new turf is down.  Pressbox looks great and the yellow 'J' in the middle of the blue reserved section is really nice!  I wish they had done that with a 'C' at bulldog stadium.  It's going to be a very nice venue when it's all done.

• Like 1