District 10-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2018

StingEmALTO

The first day of practice is days away!!  The new District 10-2A consists of Alto, Big Sandy, Carlisle, Cushing, Hawkins, and Union Grove.  Time to start the football talk!

Week 1:

• Alto @ Palestine Westwood
  • Big Sandy vs. San Augustine @ Beckville
  • Sabine @ Carlisle
  • Cushing @ Chilton
  • Hawkins @ Alba-Golden
  • Union Grove @ Simms Bowie

EXCITED for this season to begin! How do you think this district will shake out?

16 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

I dont even people from BS think they are beating SA.  

It will definitely be a good test for BS! What’s your prediction? I see SA taking it by at least 2 touchdowns. Kind of strange to have the first game of the season be played in a fellow 2A school’s stadium (Beckville).

Good luck to SA this season!

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I’ll make my picks on how this group finishes:

1 . Carlisle 

2. Alto 

3. Big Sandy 

4. Union Grove 

5. Cushing (1st district win in 8 years. 

6. Hawkins 

That Cushing/Hawkins game will be a little more interesting based on last year’s incident at the end of the game.....I can imagine the hard feelings might still be fresh. Ironic how they ended up in the same district!

I believe Alto will surprise some folks this year. The Jackets (in a way-down year) took Carlisle at their home last year which shocked a lot of people. Going to be a tough stretch in the Alto schedule with Garrison, Corrigan-Camden, Big Sandy and Carlisle one right after the other. The Jackets will be battle tested by Carlisle which should help them. I’ll go with the Mean Sting in a close one. 

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

That Cushing/Hawkins game will be a little more interesting based on last year’s incident at the end of the game.....I can imagine the hard feelings might still be fresh. Ironic how they ended up in the same district!

I believe Alto will surprise some folks this year. The Jackets (in a way-down year) took Carlisle at their home last year which shocked a lot of people. I don’t think it will be that surprising this year. Going to be a tough stretch in the Alto schedule with Garrison, Corrigan-Camden, Big Sandy and Carlisle one right after the other. The Jackets will be battle tested by Carlisle which should help them. I’ll go with the Mean Sting in a close one. 

I’m just basing my predictions on a Carlisle team that brings back a bunch of kids after they ended the year playing pretty dad gum good. Alto and Carlisle are both under new head coaches, but Carlisle is more of a “changing of the guard”, where Alto is pretty much a complete overhaul. But I do agree that it will be a game of the week whenever they play. 

1 minute ago, RipperRipper said:

Carlisle should be pretty good. If the guy (Sabastion DeLeon) who transfered to Henderson, and will most likely start at QB for them on Varsity, would go to school were he lives, I would pick Carlisle to win the Region. They will still be ok though.

Sabastion started at QB for Carlisle JV when he was a freshman, then last year for his Sophomore year he transfered to Henderson and was their starting JV Qb.

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m just basing my predictions on a Carlisle team that brings back a bunch of kids after they ended the year playing pretty dad gum good. Alto and Carlisle are both under new head coaches, but Carlisle is more of a “changing of the guard”, where Alto is pretty much a complete overhaul. But I do agree that it will be a game of the week whenever they play. 

Carlisle definitely got hot at the right time last year and made a good run. I get the “changing of the guard” reference with Baker handing off to Baker. Should keep things consistent. As far as Alto, there are several question marks but our new coaches will have those answered pretty quickly in the coming weeks. Looking forward to that first scrimmage vs. Overton two weeks from today!

1 hour ago, RipperRipper said:

Carlisle should be pretty good. If the guy (Sabastion DeLeon) who transfered to Henderson, and will most likely start at QB for them on Varsity, would go to school were he lives, I would pick Carlisle to win the Region. They will still be ok though.

Wow,  that would be a tough pill to swallow knowing that talented kid could be playing and contributing for his hometown team.  

7 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

It will definitely be a good test for BS! What’s your prediction? I see SA taking it by at least 2 touchdowns. Kind of strange to have the first game of the season be played in a fellow 2A school’s stadium (Beckville).

Good luck to SA this season!

I think BS will have a bad year. Thought it was strange to play there and it is on a Thursday.  Then we have our bye week right after.

1 minute ago, SAWolfman said:

I think BS will have a bad year. Thought it was strange to play there and it is on a Thursday.  Then we have our bye week right after.

Dang!  A bye week after the first game?  lol  I don't think y'all will need that much rest.

Thursday Night Lights?  That doesn't have the same ring to it.  Are the JV teams playing each other?

26 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Dang!  A bye week after the first game?  lol  I don't think y'all will need that much rest.

Thursday Night Lights?  That doesn't have the same ring to it.  Are the JV teams playing each other?

Yeah, then the games start really getting good.  Garrison, Tenaha, Centerville and Hemphill!

2 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

My guess is they were trying to shorten the drive. I prefer a long drive one year and a home game the other. There are a lot of district vs. district games in AA Region 3.  SA has four of them, and I’m pretty sure most of the teams have at least two. Should be fun to watch. 

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

My guess is they were trying to shorten the drive. I prefer a long drive one year and a home game the other. There are a lot of district vs. district games in AA Region 3.  SA has four of them, and I’m pretty sure most of the teams have at least two. Should be fun to watch. 

I’m with you. Long drive one year, home the next......unless maybe the drive is over 3-4 hours AND you get to play in a really nice big stadium that is playoff worthy. 😂 

These district vs. district games are going to be interesting!

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Just looked up the mileage:

Cushing is going to Chilton - 157 miles 

Distance from San Augustine to Big Sandy - 112 miles

Honestly, I was surprised to see Cushing and Chilton playing....but it appears they are doing the home/home series instead of meeting halfway. I would rather do that than to play on a Thursday night. To each his own I guess! It will be exciting in both cases because I’m not sure when/if either of these teams have played each other. 

4 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

I’m with you. Long drive one year, home the next......unless maybe the drive is over 3-4 hours AND you get to play in a really nice big stadium that is playoff worthy. 😂 

These district vs. district games are going to be interesting!

With me living in Jacksonville now every week just seems I am going to be driving a while lol!

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

With me living in Jacksonville now every week just seems I am going to be driving a while lol!

Other than the trip to Deweyville in week 1, our travel this year is a peach. 3 of the other 4 road games are in Shelby County, and the 4th is at Garrison. Scrimmages and all, we have one road trip over 30 minutes. 

9 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Other than the trip to Deweyville in week 1, our travel this year is a peach. 3 of the other 4 road games are in Shelby County, and the 4th is at Garrison. Scrimmages and all, we have one road trip over 30 minutes. 

That’s pretty cool!.....and unusual in this day and age. Realignment smiled on y’all.....mileage wise anyway! There will be many battles each week in District 11! Kind of a battle of the fittest or SURVIVOR. Lol