District 10-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2018

StingEmALTO

1 minute ago, StingEmALTO said:

I don’t ever recall us playing Normangee. Alto and Kerens have been in the same district off and on through the years and I think we’ve one every time but once. Talk about a drive!! You go until you think you can go no further......and then hang a right and go some more!! 😂 We were with Cayuga at the same time. We had never lost to Cayuga, but we did when Shead was there. Ahead and that kid that went to A&M were the stuff! It was a battle!

Kennedy,Malcom Kennedy..great athlete.

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

They probably mad at a lot of folks. 

Back in (I think it was) 1993 we played Cayuga at our old stadium (Student Field) and the game was called at the half. Cayuga didn’t have many players to begin with but a huge band at the time. Too many of their guys were hurt at the half and I remember Mr. Pearman (our PA guy) announcing after the bands marched that the game was over. We were up 36-0. Never had experienced that before or since. That made their run even more fantastic in my mind because I remember how bad they used to be. That would have had to be a low point. 

Cayuga beat us 35-24 in 2008 for the first time ever and then again in 2009 43-36 in overtime. They also just happened to be state finalists and state champions those years! Lol That’s it. We’ve won all the rest. I imagine that if those folks who left at halftime back in 1993 must have felt really good those couple years!

3 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Back in (I think it was) 1993 we played Cayuga at our old stadium (Student Field) and the game was called at the half. Cayuga didn’t have many players to begin with but a huge band at the time. Too many of their guys were hurt at the half and I remember Mr. Pearman (our PA guy) announcing after the bands marched that the game was over. We were up 36-0. Never had experienced that before or since. That made their run even more fantastic in my mind because I remember how bad they used to be. That would have had to be a low point. 

Cayuga beat us 35-24 in 2008 for the first time ever and then again in 2009 43-36 in overtime. They also just happened to be state finalists and state champions those years! Lol That’s it. We’ve won all the rest. I imagine that if those folks who left at halftime back in 1993 must have felt really good those couple years!

Yes sir,nice to see your Team vanquish your foe..lol 

1 minute ago, upullinmychain said:

Yes sir,nice to see your Team vanquish your foe..lol 

Yes!! 1995 defeating Groveton FINALLY in the playoffs!....regional finals to boot! 31-0 at Palestine on the way to the Astrodome vs. Refugio. Groveton (in the playoffs only!) had been that elusive win. I’ll never forget that night and how it felt to have that monkey off our backs!!

1 minute ago, StingEmALTO said:

Yes!! 1995 defeating Groveton FINALLY in the playoffs!....regional finals to boot! 31-0 at Palestine on the way to the Astrodome vs. Refugio. Groveton (in the playoffs only!) had been that elusive win. I’ll never forget that night and how it felt to have that monkey off our backs!!

Lol..

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

We owe normangee a beating..lol they took us out of the playoffs in 2011..

We listened to that game on the radio couldn't believe it! Was certain it was gonna be big sandy vs Carlisle at rose stadium the next week... we had to drive to Corsicana the next week and beat them as bad as garrison beat us the next week.  

21 minutes ago, knothead58 said:

We listened to that game on the radio couldn't believe it! Was certain it was gonna be big sandy vs Carlisle at rose stadium the next week... we had to drive to Corsicana the next week and beat them as bad as garrison beat us the next week.  

Yeah we had winter gear for that game...turned out to be 82 degrees...kids were cramping up quick...lol 

3 minutes ago, jorr2car said:

I am not stuck in the 90's but if anyone cares it's Vanilla Ice's birthday...

Word to your mother!

Hmm...  now that you mention it, no one has ever seen jorr2carr and Vanilla Ice in the same place at the same time. 

Coincidence? I think NOT!

• LOL! 2

On 8/18/2018 at 8:31 AM, upullinmychain said:

Westwood next week in full scrimmage, then Troup, Sabine, then New Boston.. Clay tightening up these boys early this year... If we come out of this early stretch without injuries, we will be tested for dist. Watching Gerald turner at qb last night, I kept having flashbacks to having seen someone like this before, took me til this morning to put it together.. Kid reminds me of Malcom Kennedy, the way he strings runs out and makes ripping cuts back into gaps, explosiveness on the edge and upfield,and breakaway speed. 

StingEmALTO,I made this comment back in August...do you think he has that resemblance in running style..been thinking about that all day...have re-read this entire thread today..lol 

2 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

StingEmALTO,I made this comment back in August...do you think he has that resemblance in running style..been thinking about that all day...have re-read this entire thread today..lol 

I watched lots of those Cayuga teams. I think Kennedy was probably bigger, or so it seems. But, they both just make/made it look so EASY. 

2 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

He is a carbon copy of Drew Coleman his senior year at Henderson. Drew had better stats, but Carlisle gets so far ahead so fast Gerald hasn’t been unleashed for much more than a half so far. 

2 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Absolutley man! I can see it. ELUSIVE. That’s a good word for it!!  Malcom Kennedy, Keenan Johnson, Gerald Turner. YES. LOTS OF SIMILARITIES! Special players.

In other news, been looking at playoff match ups for the region. I think this district should go 3-1, with a way outside shot at the sweep.

1 Carlisle vs 4 Cayuga

2 Alto vs 3 Normangee 

3 Big Sandy vs 2 Centerville 

4 Cushing/UG vs 1 Leon

in district 10 it would take some major upsets to shakeup that order. In district 9, Leon and CV play week 11 to decide 1/2, again barring major upsets this week. Kerens could possibly change the order with bottom 2 by forcing a 3 way tie but don’t see that happening either.

I think Carlisle and Alto would win comfortably. Big Sandy will have a good shot at the W. Cushing, to me, presents more of a threat to Leon than UG would due to their athleticism at the skill positions.

14 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

In other news, been looking at playoff match ups for the region. I think this district should go 3-1, with a way outside shot at the sweep.

1 Carlisle vs 4 Cayuga

2 Alto vs 3 Normangee 

3 Big Sandy vs 2 Centerville 

4 Cushing/UG vs 1 Leon

in district 10 it would take some major upsets to shakeup that order. In district 9, Leon and CV play week 11 to decide 1/2, again barring major upsets this week. Kerens could possibly change the order with bottom 2 by forcing a 3 way tie but don’t see that happening either.

I think Carlisle and Alto would win comfortably. Big Sandy will have a good shot at the W. Cushing, to me, presents more of a threat to Leon than UG would due to their athleticism at the skill positions.

That’s the way we had it figured except for Leon/Centerville. I think CV takes Leon, but we’ll know soon enough! I don’t see Kerens making it in. I mean, they lost to Cayuga 28-8, who lost to Normangee. Stranger things could happen, but whoever it is, I agree....we have a good shot at going 3-1....maybe even the sweep. 

17 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

That’s the way we had it figured except for Leon/Centerville. I think CV takes Leon, but we’ll know soon enough! I don’t see Kerens making it in. I mean, they lost to Cayuga 28-8, who lost to Normangee. Stranger things could happen, but whoever it is, I agree....we have a good shot at going 3-1....maybe even the sweep. 

Been looking at this.  Playoffs are such a joke now days, so watered down. Need to go back to the good ole days where only 1or the most 2 gets in.  In my opinion, only team that is deserving out of this district is Carlisle. The other teams want win 2 games.  

10 minutes ago, Star4life said:

Been looking at this.  Playoffs are such a joke now days, so watered down. Need to go back to the good ole days where only 1or the most 2 gets in.  In my opinion, only team that is deserving out of this district is Carlisle. The other teams want win 2 games.  

I disagree,if Alto can quit fumbling they have the size and talent to roll a ways into the playoffs,and teams have been known to get hot and become hard to beat in the Playoffs..js