District 10-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2018

StingEmALTO

9 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

2007 was a long time ago.  Over a decade of being irrelevant.   Even y'alls old whipping post Joaquin lost respect for the mean sting....even with your "move ins".  Lol. What a joke.  

Yeah IDK about that.  Still have had some deep runs and undefeated seasons since 2007.  Had a couple of seasons that started out looking unbeatable only to be derailed by injuries or off-field antics, like that Javante Jones team when he was a Sr.  Doubt you'll find hardly any 2a team thats done as much as Alto overall since 2007.

16 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Lol

Yeah, Canadian,  Stamford, Shiner, Refugio, Mart, Mason, Bremond, Centerville.....theyve all been average compared to yall.

Lol.  Even Lovelady. 

I meant in the Region.  Sorry left it out.  Didn't know we were talking state-wide.

On 8/3/2018 at 2:03 PM, RipperRipper said:

Carlisle should be pretty good. If the guy (Sabastion DeLeon) who transfered to Henderson, and will most likely start at QB for them on Varsity, would go to school were he lives, I would pick Carlisle to win the Region. They will still be ok though.

Wow, I thought it was always the opposite flow.

22 hours ago, Greezychef said:

Joaquin too.  

Greezy, I have laughed all the way through your posts!! You really brought some life to this thread. Good job!

Now I guess there’s nothing to do but prove our relevance. The boys and coaching staff are working hard to bring the Mean Sting back to the statewide conversation. Three trips to state with championships in 2006 and 2007 are not enough. We are hungry. We are coming. And we won’t be satisfied until we reach elite status again. All the pieces are in place to do just that beginning with WORK ETHIC. That’s a really good place to start.

Good luck to Tenaha this season!

On 8/9/2018 at 5:37 PM, Greezychef said:

Well luckily for the new coach, the bar doesn't have to be set too high for it to be considered an improvement. 

Oh, the bar is high. In fact, the bar hasn’t moved. Expectations have always and will always be high around here. They’ll get it done. 

On 8/3/2018 at 2:02 PM, trueblue82 said:

I’m just basing my predictions on a Carlisle team that brings back a bunch of kids after they ended the year playing pretty dad gum good. Alto and Carlisle are both under new head coaches, but Carlisle is more of a “changing of the guard”, where Alto is pretty much a complete overhaul. But I do agree that it will be a game of the week whenever they play. 

Cushing is under a new head coach, as well.  Josh Moore, the former defensive coordinator from Alto has made his way to Bearkat Drive.

Cushing only graduated 3 players 8/8 starters back...all 3 were two way starters... Cushing will have a lot more speed than they have been accustomed to in the past.

I agree that the Hawkins game(in Hawkins) again will be intriguing due to the goings on last year.  Cushing matched up with a Union Grove and Will looked to beat them again this year.

Regarding District 11-2A, it will be fun to see Garrison and Timpson Renee their Rivalry again.

36 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

Cushing is under a new head coach, as well.  Josh Moore, the former defensive coordinator from Alto has made his way to Bearkat Drive.

Cushing only graduated 3 players 8/8 starters back...all 3 were two way starters... Cushing will have a lot more speed than they have been accustomed to in the past.

I agree that the Hawkins game(in Hawkins) again will be intriguing due to the goings on last year.  Cushing matched up with a Union Grove and Will looked to beat them again this year.

Regarding District 11-2A, it will be fun to see Garrison and Timpson Renee their Rivalry again.

8/8 back from a bad team may not be a good thing ... could be an indicator of more of the same ....:nerd:

Edited by KirtFalcon
  • LOL! 1

Well, the two scrimmages they got set up nor the first three games won’t give any indication unless the Bearkats do worse than the last few years.. in pre-district.

KirtFalcon, lol, you like to get it brewing early, don’t you?

we’ll see how they play out.

35 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

8/8 back from a bad team is nothing to look forward to ... could be an indicator of more of the same ....:nerd:

They’re probably much more excited over their new district than they are about anything else. They essentially traded Joaquin, Shelbyville, and San Augustine for Big Sandy, Hawkins and Union Grove. In other words, teams that they are a combined 0-16 against for teams they went 2-1 against last year. 

13 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

Well, the two scrimmages they got set up nor the first three games won’t give any indication unless the Bearkats do worse than the last few years.. in pre-district.

I heard y'all (Cushion) were going to tape eggs onto the front of your helmets and see how many were still there at the end of the season ... lol ... :woot:

Edited by KirtFalcon
  • LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

They’re probably much more excited over their new district than they are about anything else. They essentially traded Joaquin, Shelbyville, and San Augustine for Big Sandy, Hawkins and Union Grove. In other words, teams that they are a combined 0-16 against for teams they went 2-1 against last year. 

Trueblue82,  it definitely gave them better expectations of having a chance... there are s lot of districts they would have been able to make the playoffs with the last couple of teams.

Anyways,  I look for a successful season and build on from there.  

I hope all have a injury-free year; sure hate to see outcomes change dramatically due to attrition... especially serious injuries.

• Like 1

KirtFalcon, I noticed that 7 man sled the Bulldogs have by that tree on the practice field hasn’t moved a bit....lol

But to be fair don’t think many teams have gotten to that point in their regimen yet... sure don’t see many tire blasters set up on practice field these days.  We’ll see if we hear any Bull-in-the ring going on in the next few days when they put on the pads.

55 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

HulaKat

Garrison, TX

A Hula Hoop Kat in Garrison amongst all these Dawgs? ... he better make sure he stays near a tree in case he needs to make a quick get away ... 

Lol, I live right down the road from you, Kurt.  Ima Garrison fan, too.  Does Catfish ring tha bell? 

I've talk to you several time on the sideline at Bulldog games.

4 hours ago, HulaKat said:

Good luck to Coach Moore! Where did the former coach go? Didn’t even know they were looking!

Cushing was rockin’ and rollin’ in pre-district last year. After an opening loss to Queen City, they reeled off 4 wins in a row (when’s the last time they did that?)....with two of those over current 10-2A brothers Hawkins and Union Grove. Then that was it. Is it my understanding that they haven’t won a district game in 8 years? This could very well be their year to get over the hump!

I, too, am glad to see Garrison and Timpson in the Battle of the Attoyac again. Not sure why they didn’t keep that going in pre-district while separated by classifications. Another good reason to be thankful for realignment!

3 hours ago, HulaKat said:

Who does Cushing scrimmage? And how did y’all end up playing Chilton. That’s interesting!