District 10-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2018

StingEmALTO

8 hours ago, HulaKat said:

Trueblue82,  it definitely gave them better expectations of having a chance... there are s lot of districts they would have been able to make the playoffs with the last couple of teams.

Anyways,  I look for a successful season and build on from there.  

I hope all have a injury-free year; sure hate to see outcomes change dramatically due to attrition... especially serious injuries.

You are never to be found once district starts...

• LOL! 1

14 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Who does Cushing scrimmage? And how did y’all end up playing Chilton. That’s interesting!

Cayuga and Crossroads....

last two years they scrimmaged BS and Dekalb.I believe the scrimmages are the only time Cushing and Big Sandy have ever played.  I’d they have in the past it would be way back there.

Jason Davis is a native of Cushing.  His son Austin Davis was the he QB the last two years. I’m not sure why they made the change but I was most likely Josh Moore was available and it was a mutual decision.  Davis will still be there in other coaching roles, including football.  I think he has a younger son in Jr. High so he may be taking over that for the time being.   Just speculating.

I dont know about the Chilton game... I suppose it was due to both still needing a game... 

Bearkats and Mt. Enterprise will get their rivalry going again after not playing for about 7 or 8 yrs.

7 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

last two years they scrimmaged BS and Dekalb.I believe the scrimmages are the only time Cushing and Big Sandy have ever played.  I’d they have in the past it would be way back there.

Jason Davis is a native of Cushing.  His son Austin Davis was the he QB the last two years. I’m not sure why they made the change but I was most likely Josh Moore was available and it was a mutual decision.  Davis will still be there in other coaching roles, including football.  I think he has a younger son in Jr. High so he may be taking over that for the time being.   Just speculating.

I dont know about the Chilton game... I suppose it was due to both still needing a game... 

Bearkats and Mt. Enterprise will get their rivalry going again after not playing for about 7 or 8 yrs.

Pretty sure Jason Davis had to have a pretty serious operation/surgery procedure that was going to keep him from coaching this upcoming year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HulaKat said:

Cushing should match up pretty well with Cayuga and especially Crossroads. Also, nice to have Mount and Cushing playing again!....the fans should enjoy that. 

All the best to Coach Davis. I read on here he is recovering from some surgery. Hope he is on the mend. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TxFight said:

It’s interesting to say the least. Several head scratchers in their comments and order predictions. But hey, their website, their rules! 

I was mainly referring to the fact that they rarely even get close with their predictions for each district. Take District 11AA D1 for ‘16 and ‘’17. But I guess it’s kinda like being the weatherman. You can be wrong over 50% of the time and people still grant you credibility. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I was mainly referring to the fact that they rarely even get close with their predictions for each district. Take District 11AA D1 for ‘16 and ‘’17. But I guess it’s kinda like being the weatherman. You can be wrong over 50% of the time and people still grant you credibility. 

Absolutely, I’m agreeing with you. Take 11-2A this year. They are basically saying there is no difference in 2A-2 and 2a-1 by putting Tenaha and Timpson as the top 2. Then to put LK as the 4 after a very weak schedule contributed to their 8 wins. Let’s just overlook the fact that hey got stomped by a very very average Kerens team in the 1st round. Heck it may wind up in the order but that’s a head scratcher. 

Same in 10-2A. I know alto went through a head coaching change, but they went 3-0 against the new district (all on the road), return close to the same amount of starters as BS and Carlisle, and the only 2 teams they didn’t play in the new district lost to cushing, yes that 0-40 in district play cushing. But hey let’s slide them into the 3rd place slot and say they have a chance to compete for a playoff spot. 

Just makes me chuckle is all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TxFight said:

Absolutely, I’m agreeing with you. Take 11-2A this year. They are basically saying there is no difference in 2A-2 and 2a-1 by putting Tenaha and Timpson as the top 2. Then to put LK as the 4 after a very weak schedule contributed to their 8 wins. Let’s just overlook the fact that hey got stomped by a very very average Kerens team in the 1st round. Heck it may wind up in the order but that’s a head scratcher. 

Same in 10-2A. I know alto went through a head coaching change, but they went 3-0 against the new district (all on the road), return close to the same amount of starters as BS and Carlisle, and the only 2 teams they didn’t play in the new district lost to cushing, yes that 0-40 in district play cushing. But hey let’s slide them into the 3rd place slot and say they have a chance to compete for a playoff spot. 

Just makes me chuckle is all. 

Preach! Lol Good analysis! I thought the exact same thing you just wrote regarding both 10 and 11! Garrison went three rounds deep in 3A and they have them behind Timpson who played some pretty weak teams in ‘17. I figured Joaquin would at least be ahead of LK.

And of the total four games Alto won last year, BS, Carlisle and Cushing were wins on the road, yet they have Alto ranked behind them (Carlisle/BS)  just as you pointed out. I expect our team to be much improved this season but glad we “have a chance” to earn a playoff spot. I don’t know. It’s a head scratcher for sure, but fun to read nonetheless! Either way I’m glad for the coverage. And they do a great job on the pics, too! 👍

6 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Preach! Lol Good analysis! I thought the exact same thing you just wrote regarding both 10 and 11! Garrison went three rounds deep in 3A and they have them behind Timpson who played some pretty weak teams in ‘17. I figured Joaquin would at least be ahead of LK.

And of the total four games Alto won last year, BS, Carlisle and Cushing were wins on the road, yet they have Alto ranked behind them (Carlisle/BS)  just as you pointed out. I expect our team to be much improved this season but glad we “have a chance” to earn a playoff spot. I don’t know. It’s a head scratcher for sure, but fun to read nonetheless! Either way I’m glad for the coverage. And they do a great job on the pics, too! 👍

Well you aren't in a great district so playoff spot is a gimme unless Alto plans on being retarded again this year with personel.

Looks like one of our backs had a growth spurt this summer, up to about 6'1 and 220and didn't loose speed or agility.. That could present some interesting possibilities what with him and the absolutely fastest guy Carlisle has ever fielded back there with him at the same time. Seems we may bring a little more to the table than usual, and that may be useful later in the season.. Kid also plays linebacker and size does matter at that position against certain run oriented teams.. Js 

That and a pretty decent pass game will be a deciding factor in some games, also seems as if we've bolstered our lines somewhat. If these kids gell, we'll be a pretty decent contender for dist and region... As always I believe that as your linemen go, so does your team.. Jmho. Hero or zero...