2018 Season Predictions

Lobo97

13 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

So I googled this because I wanted to see the other 9, and this is kind of like "fake news" from CNN posted on the Aggies 247 page. Athlon did in fact list A&M over Clemson as the potential #1 upset... in the SEC. They have also completed a Top 10 potential upsets for the BIG 10 with #1 being Penn State over Ohio State.

In the article on Gigem247, if you click the link it will take you to Athlon's page with the title "Predicting the SEC's Biggest Upsets in 2018." Not really a big deal. Just getting a little chuckle out of Gigem247 spinning it a little in the title. They do mention it correctly in the article.

PS - Athlon's BIG XII upsets include Texas over Oklahoma as well as West Virginia over Texas (not sure how that one is being considered an upset as many have WV ranked higher than Texas).

I did not even notice it was broken down by conference. Good catch. My apologies for the confusion. I wasn’t trying to spread fake news lol

41 minutes ago, tbird9100 said:

Since you're gaining even more confidence I'll alter the bet to make it more enticing.

instead of a lifetime self ban from sdc, we'll just do one calender year from the date of the Aggies vs Clemson game.

Still scared?

You don’t get it. I don’t think A&M wins. How many times do I have to say that? 

Are you trolling or really that dumb you can’t comprehend what I’m getting at with this conversation? Either way, it’s getting old. 

25 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Right now that would be the biggest upset that has at least potential of happening. I noticed all 4 of Clemson's D-Line was listed in the Top 50 Potential Players list.

Their Dline is stacked. But they also lost to Syracuse last year... Dabo has been known to lose a game a year he shouldn’t. 

2017 Syracuse

2015 Pittsburgh  

2014 Georgia Tech

2013 South Carolina 

2012 South Carolina 

2011 NC state and South Carolina 

Point is, only 1 year since Clemson has “been Dabo level Clemson” has Clemson gone through the season without losing a game to a team they should beat handily on paper. So it’s really not a stretch by any means to think that a team the caliber of A&M in the situation and early in the season, could have a realistic shot at an upset. Is it likely? No. Is it once in a million? No. It’s an average boarderline top 25 vs a sure fire top 5 on the road. Clemson can’t just sleepwalk through this game. It’s not a stretch by any knowledgeable football fan to see that just a few bounces in certain ways and this could be a closer than expected game. 

2 hours ago, Hlion said:

You act like the Ags are incapable of it, like Fisher not a proven coach, like A&M is terrible, like Clemson doesn't ever drop a game they should win. You shouldn't post with your orange colored glasses on.

Has nothing to do with glasses........

2 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Right now that would be the biggest upset that has at least potential of happening. I noticed all 4 of Clemson's D-Line was listed in the Top 50 Potential Players list.

this guy gets it.  Their strength on your weakness won't score you many points Lion....

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

You don’t get it. I don’t think A&M wins. How many times do I have to say that? 

Are you trolling or really that dumb you can’t comprehend what I’m getting at with this conversation? Either way, it’s getting old. 

I said that 4 game stretch was a 2-2, not the stretch that your season is hinging on.  You don't like absolutes and are trying to talk me out of saying that Clemson absolutely will win the game I guess.  It upsets you that I talk in absolutes for some reason.  Can the Aggies win?  sure, but I don't think it's going to happen.  I absolutely think they open 2-2.  

evidently you feel the same way, so I don't understand why you're still arguing.

3 hours ago, tbird9100 said:

I said that 4 game stretch was a 2-2, not the stretch that your season is hinging on.  You don't like absolutes and are trying to talk me out of saying that Clemson absolutely will win the game I guess.  It upsets you that I talk in absolutes for some reason.  Can the Aggies win?  sure, but I don't think it's going to happen.  I absolutely THINK they open 2-2.  

evidently you feel the same way, so I don't understand why you're still arguing.

That word I capitalized is what I’m talking about. What you THINK and what is POSSIBLE is not the same thing. You went from basically saying there’s no way A&M can win to now saying you THINK they don’t win. Because my point is starting to sink in to you. 

But I’ll gladly take that spread. No way A&M loses 42-17. I wouldn’t bet a ban because that’s stupid. What’s the point of a bet if we don’t get to give the other person time to eat their crow... That’s what this board is for. Just as a man, know that it’s a “bet” that A&M won’t lose this game in that fashion. 24-14 type game. Clemson will not cover a 14 point spread in this one. That’s my “bold prediction.” 

4 minutes ago, Hlion said:

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/predicting-secs-biggest-upsets-2018

10. Ole miss over usce 

9. Vandy over Arkie 

8. Mizzu over Purdue 

7. Middle Tennessee over Kentucky 

6. Ole miss over Miss st 

5. Florida over Fsu

4. Miss st over Auburn 

3. South Carolina over Georgia 

2. Lsu over Georgia 

1. A&M over Clemson 

A&M over Lsu won't be an upset just fyi

Some of those are not really "upsets". 

3 hours ago, Hlion said:

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/predicting-secs-biggest-upsets-2018

10. Ole miss over usce 

9. Vandy over Arkie 

8. Mizzu over Purdue 

7. Middle Tennessee over Kentucky 

6. Ole miss over Miss st 

5. Florida over Fsu

4. Miss st over Auburn 

3. South Carolina over Georgia 

2. Lsu over Georgia 

1. A&M over Clemson 

A&M over Lsu won't be an upset just fyi

A&M hasn't beaten LSU since they have been in the SEC. 

That in itself would make it an upset.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, tbird9100 said:

Wetsu, I'm glad you didn't take that bet. This place just wouldn't be the same without you.

Which bet? The clemson upset? Dude you are a joke. After you and so many others didn’t give them a chance in hell, they were literally probably two points and a missed replay call from doing exactly what a I said they “could.” I feel like I was 10x more right about that “bet” than you were. 

On 8/10/2018 at 3:49 AM, WETSU said:

That word I capitalized is what I’m talking about. What you THINK and what is POSSIBLE is not the same thing. You went from basically saying there’s no way A&M can win to now saying you THINK they don’t win. Because my point is starting to sink in to you. 

But I’ll gladly take that spread. No way A&M loses 42-17. I wouldn’t bet a ban because that’s stupid. What’s the point of a bet if we don’t get to give the other person time to eat their crow... That’s what this board is for. Just as a man, know that it’s a “bet” that A&M won’t lose this game in that fashion. 24-14 type game. Clemson will not cover a 14 point spread in this one. That’s my “bold prediction.” 

And to be fair, this ^^^ was my “bet” on the game. That clemson wouldn’t cover the spread. I never bet that A&M would, just that they could and that it’s closer than everyone on here expected. 

40 minutes ago, WETSU said:

And to be fair, this ^^^ was my “bet” on the game. That clemson wouldn’t cover the spread. I never bet that A&M would, just that they could and that it’s closer than everyone on here expected. 

On 8/8/2018 at 8:04 PM, tbird9100 said:

tell you what.....If the Aggies are 3-1 or 4-0 ole tbird9100 will delete his account and never sign in again.  2-2 or worse, ole WETSU deletes his account and never comes back?

Are you willing to make that bet with me?  Please don't be a chicken

^^^^ My bet included no spreads. 

34 minutes ago, tbird9100 said:

^^^^ My bet included no spreads. 

Yea but your bet was also ridiculously stupid... and safe. Really went out on a stretch saying you predict A&M would not go 4-0 with wins against the top 2 teams in the country. 🙄

I never claimed A&M would beat either team. I just said it would be close against Clemson with a POSSIBLE win. That’s exaxtly what happened. They played close and had a chance to win it in the end but lost by 2. Far from the outcome you and many others predicted. 

Now stop making yourself look like a fool and let’s move on from this dead horse discussion onto something else. 

• Like 1