2018 Season Predictions

Lobo97

4 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Always set your expectations on the floor. That way if they don't exceed, you were prepared. If they do exceed, it's so much sweeter.

Or do the popular 11-1, 10-2 but also make sure to have some 8-4,7-5s to cover your butt. 😂

• LOL! 2

6 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

I really wish I knew more about the oline before predicting but 

Texas:

@Maryland– Win

San Jose St–Win 

USC–Win 

TCU–Win

@Kansas St– Loss 

Oklahoma– Win 

Baylor– Win

@Oklahoma St– Win

West Virginia– Loss

@Texas Tech– Win

Iowa St– Win

@Kansas– Win

Big 12 Championship:

TCU– Loss

10-3

I like the USC pick for a win. Just any type of consistent QB play in that game last year and UT wins comfortably. No overtime needed.

21 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I like the USC pick for a win. Just any type of consistent QB play in that game last year and UT wins comfortably. No overtime needed.

I think Texas will beat USC.  What they cant do is win that game then lay an egg the following week against TCU.  The Frogs have had Texas's number but they are breaking in a ton of new starters this year.  They get Ohio State the week before which will be a physical game.  USC-TCU-KSTATE-OU is the four game stretch that'll determine a lot IMO.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, WETSU said:

I think A&M beats at least one of LSU Auburn and miss st. 8-4 I think. 

We play Auburn tough on the road. I think Miss State loses a lot of magic with Mullen not roaming the sidelines. Is Orgeron still coaching LSU come Thanksgiving? Who knows that could be a interesting bump from a 7-5 floor.

14 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I think Texas will beat USC.  What they cant do is win that game then lay an egg the following week against TCU.  The Frogs have had Texas's number but they are breaking in a ton of new starters this year.  They get Ohio State the week before which will be a physical game.  USC-TCU-KSTATE-OU is the four game stretch that'll determine a lot IMO.

We’ve got a similar 4 game stretch that will determine our season. Arkansas, Kentucky, South Carolina, Miss State. Reasonable expectations of 2-2( check me into Rusk for 3-1 or better) going into this stretch. Arkansas plays us tough. Eventually they gonna pull one off. Kentucky should be a win but heck, some of those Mississippi games shoulda been gimme games over the years. Could be 2-4 at worst, 3-3 and it’s growing pains, 4-2 we could do this. South Carolina on the road ain’t fun. Miss State and Mullen had our number. 2-6 and the $75m Aggie jokes are gonna be all over the place. 4-4, the future can get here fast enough, 6-2 and November blues might be over.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

I’m banking on the Texas defense being better than the end of last season, average Oline play, and natural progression from Ehlinger being a year 2 starter. 

You could say I need a genie with 3 wishes! 😂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stoney said:

We play Auburn tough on the road. I think Miss State loses a lot of magic with Mullen not roaming the sidelines. Is Orgeron still coaching LSU come Thanksgiving? Who knows that could be a interesting bump from a 7-5 floor.

The interesting twist to Ed O is that he has a top 5 class (right now) coming in.  It’s amazing that he accomplished nothing last year and kids are still flocking to the program 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stoney said:

We’ve got a similar 4 game stretch that will determine our season. Arkansas, Kentucky, South Carolina, Miss State. Reasonable expectations of 2-2( check me into Rusk for 3-1 or better) going into this stretch. Arkansas plays us tough. Eventually they gonna pull one off. Kentucky should be a win but heck, some of those Mississippi games shoulda been gimme games over the years. Could be 2-4 at worst, 3-3 and it’s growing pains, 4-2 we could do this. South Carolina on the road ain’t fun. Miss State and Mullen had our number. 2-6 and the $75m Aggie jokes are gonna be all over the place. 4-4, the future can get here fast enough, 6-2 and November blues might be over.

USC, TCU, KSU, OU is way tougher than Ark, Ky, SC, MSU.  Ark will be lucky to be a bowl team. Ky as well.  South Carolina is solid, I'll give you that....as is Miss St.  2-2 is definitely reasonable for that, but it isn't nearly as tough a stretch as the 4 Texas games that were listed.  

• Stinks 1

1 hour ago, tbird9100 said:

USC, TCU, KSU, OU is way tougher than Ark, Ky, SC, MSU.  Ark will be lucky to be a bowl team. Ky as well.  South Carolina is solid, I'll give you that....as is Miss St.  2-2 is definitely reasonable for that, but it isn't nearly as tough a stretch as the 4 Texas games that were listed.  

I don’t think he was comparing the teams in the 4 game stretch. I think he was basically saying ATM has a 4 game stretch too that will determine their season. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Stoney said:

Or do the popular 11-1, 10-2 but also make sure to have some 8-4,7-5s to cover your butt. 😂

Call me crazy, but I think OU's got a legit chance to win it all this year, or possibly even go 0-10 if things don't go their way.

I'm gonna predict they finish in the Top 25 at least, or possibly not. I'm pretty sure of that. 

• LOL! 1

20 hours ago, AKA said:

Oklahoma  (8-5)

OU: 48
FAU: 45

OU: 45
UCLA: 31

OU: 42
Iowa State: 38

OU: 45
Army: 27

OU: 48
Baylor: 44

OU: 27
UT: 34

OU: 31
TCU: 34

OU: 44
K. State: 41

OU: 55
Texas Tech: 48

OU: 58
Okie State: 62

OU: 77
Kansas: 0

OU: 40
West Va: 56

INDEPENDENCE BOWL
OU: 41
South Fla: 44

I would love for OU to have the exact results you list above.

30 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I would love for OU to have the exact results you list above.

No doubt...   but let's just say my track record for predicting OU mediocrity isn't too good.  :D 

37 minutes ago, AKA said:

Call me crazy, but I think OU's got a legit chance to win it all this year, or possibly even go 0-10 if things don't go their way.

I'm gonna predict they finish in the Top 25 at least, or possibly not. I'm pretty sure of that. 

Clemson is going to be a scary team... I think they win it all this year.

That team OU had last season was one of the best we've seen. I think it falls on Kyler and how well he fills Baker's shoes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

That team OU had last season was one of the best we've seen. I think it falls on Kyler and how well he fills Baker's shoes.

13 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

OU's season will depend on Murray. As it is, I have OU finishing 3rd in the B12, at 9-3. If Murray plays well, then OU will win the B12. 

Murray can't be Baker, and he doesn't need to be. OU is solid at every skill position, Murray just has to get them the ball. Last year Rodney Anderson was a side dish. This year he'll be the main course. 

Opposing defense are going to expect Murray to run a lot more than Baker, and I think RIley is gonna use that perception tactically. I think we're going to see a lot of different run-first looks than we saw last season. And, of course, plenty of RPOs. 

But yes, I agree, Kyler's play will largely determine OU's success. Not to sound like John Madden, but if Murray starts every game and plays well, OU will return to the playoffs and Murray will be a Heisman candidate. 

1 hour ago, AKA said:

AKA70, is that you?😉

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

A&M has a tough stretch, it just doesn't include Arkansas or Kentucky. A 3 game road trip consisting of S Carolina, Miss State, and Auburn will be tough. 

I agree. It just wouldn’t surprise me if we lost to Arkansas. And Kentucky? Crazier things have happened concerning a loss.

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

The interesting twist to Ed O is that he has a top 5 class (right now) coming in.  It’s amazing that he accomplished nothing last year and kids are still flocking to the program 

Is winning at LSU with Orgeron because of him or in spite of him? 

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

I agree. It just wouldn’t surprise me if we lost to Arkansas. And Kentucky? Crazier things have happened concerning a loss.

A&M has Arkie's number, but I have a feeling Arkansas is due for this next match up. I always enjoy going to that game with some of my Ags/Arkansas friends. Fun environment!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

A&M has Arkie's number, but I have a feeling Arkansas is due for this next match up. I always enjoy going to that game with some of my Ags/Arkansas friends. Fun environment!

Jerry World is the perfect place for it. Arkansas is gonna pull out one of these close games one of these days. Hopefully not this year.

14 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Jerry World is the perfect place for it. Arkansas is gonna pull out one of these close games one of these days. Hopefully not this year.

It really is. One of these days they will. That match up is entertaining every year.

3 hours ago, AKA said:

Murray can't be Baker, and he doesn't need to be. OU is solid at every skill position, Murray just has to get them the ball. Last year Rodney Anderson was a side dish. This year he'll be the main course. 

Opposing defense are going to expect Murray to run a lot more than Baker, and I think RIley is gonna use that perception tactically. I think we're going to see a lot of different run-first looks than we saw last season. And, of course, plenty of RPOs. 

But yes, I agree, Kyler's play will largely determine OU's success. Not to sound like John Madden, but if Murray starts every game and plays well, OU will return to the playoffs and Murray will be a Heisman candidate. 

I think Oklahoma’s passing game will take a step back this year, but I think they will be able to run the ball at will.

• Like 1