2018 Season Predictions

Lobo97

10 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I think Oklahoma’s passing game will take a step back this year, but I think they will be able to run the ball at will.

I agree. I don’t think there’s a team in the big 12 even close them. It’s going to take a big turnover game from Murray or WVU lighting up the scoreboard for 60 for OU to not run the table in conference play imo. 

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

I agree. It just wouldn’t surprise me if we lost to Arkansas. And Kentucky? Crazier things have happened concerning a loss.

Kentucky returns nearly every starter from a bowl team (minus QB) with one if the top RB's around in Snell.  Could go either way.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I think Oklahoma’s passing game will take a step back this year, but I think they will be able to run the ball at will.

Yep, I concur. While that's going to be somewhat disappointing for those spoiled by Baker's production, yeah, I think it's gonna be a banner year for the run game. 

10 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Kentucky returns nearly every starter from a bowl team (minus QB) with one if the top RB's around in Snell.  Could go either way.

Exactly. Kentucky might not be a top 10 or top 20 team, but they are pretty solid. 

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

Exactly. Kentucky might not be a top 10 or top 20 team, but they are pretty solid. 

UK is bipolar on the football field, they can hang with a team like UGA or Bama or pull that mess they did with Florida. Stoops and staff stealing money every yr lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

UK is bipolar on the football field, they can hang with a team like UGA or Bama or pull that mess they did with Florida. Stoops and staff stealing money every yr lol

Stoops and Kentucky could have been the second best team in the East for a couple years but couldn’t do it. Butch “Hustle Points” Jones had Tennessee playing far below their talent. Florida hasn’t been Florida since Saint Tebow was 3:16ing the end zones. Muschamp was still spinning his wheels in Columbia. Stoops had his shot. Mullen taking over UF, Pruett at UT, Carolina, Mizzou looking like decent teams. Kentucky has definitely fallen to back of the pack. Still solid but not what they could have been with those breaks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

What a big time “rivalry” lol. I was not aware of the hatred between Kentucky and Miss State lol.

So they have A&M and Miss State from the West. I would predict Kentucky would lose both of those games.

• Like 1

Just now, Valhalla said:

What a big time “rivalry” lol. I was not aware of the hatred between Kentucky and Miss State lol.

So they have A&M and Miss State from the West. I would predict Kentucky would lose both of those games.

Those rivalries are mostly jokes to me, I like the LSU/Florida rivalry though, there's bitterness there. Heck they have us and Mizzou, that's garbage besides the huge trophy that goes to the winner, I'd rather it be us/Tennessee. 

7 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Those rivalries are mostly jokes to me, I like the LSU/Florida rivalry though, there's bitterness there. Heck they have us and Mizzou, that's garbage besides the huge trophy that goes to the winner, I'd rather it be us/Tennessee. 

That system is a joke. 

10 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

That system is a joke. 

It is, but I fully agree with protecting Auburn/Georgia, Florida/LSU and Tennessee/Bama.  Those are very good and very traditional rivalries. They must stay imo. So if they stay, how do you find a system that maintains those games? I’m all ears if you have a better solution. 

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

It is, but I fully agree with protecting Auburn/Georgia, Florida/LSU and Tennessee/Bama.  Those are very good and very traditional rivalries. They must stay imo. So if they stay, how do you find a system that maintains those games? I’m all ears if you have a better solution. 

Rivalries are sacrificed all of the time.

Nebraska/Oklahoma wasn’t too big to stop.

Texas/Texas A&M wasn’t too big to stop.

Kansas/Missouri wasn’t too big to stop.

and there are others.

12 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Rivalries are sacrificed all of the time.

Nebraska/Oklahoma wasn’t too big to stop.

Texas/Texas A&M wasn’t too big to stop.

Kansas/Missouri wasn’t too big to stop.

and there are others.

All those ended because a team left the conference. No excuse to end the games if they are in the same conference. 

The wins that 'earned' Kentucky a bowl bid last season...

Southern Miss

E Kentucky

South Carolina

E Michigan

Missouri

Tennessee

Vanderbilt 

Unless you're referring to their game with Murray State, their match-up with A&M is only going one way. It'll be just as much of a gimme for A&M as UAB and UL Monroe. 

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Stoops and Kentucky could have been the second best team in the East for a couple years but couldn’t do it. Butch “Hustle Points” Jones had Tennessee playing far below their talent. Florida hasn’t been Florida since Saint Tebow was 3:16ing the end zones. Muschamp was still spinning his wheels in Columbia. Stoops had his shot. Mullen taking over UF, Pruett at UT, Carolina, Mizzou looking like decent teams. Kentucky has definitely fallen to back of the pack. Still solid but not what they could have been with those breaks.

I suspect Tennessee to be back in the mix in the east in the near future. I think Pruett is a solid coach. I've followed him since his high school gig at Hoover High.

39 minutes ago, WETSU said:

All those ended because a team left the conference. No excuse to end the games if they are in the same conference. 

Oklahoma and Nebraska stayed in the same conference.

If they would just add a 9th conference game it wouldn’t make so bad. 

If I was an Auburn fan then I would be ######. They are basically the only team who has to play Alabama and Georgia every season.

5 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Oklahoma and Nebraska stayed in the same conference.

If they would just add a 9th conference game it wouldn’t make so bad. 

If I was an Auburn fan then I would be ######. They are basically the only team who has to play Alabama and Georgia every season.

I don’t think the sec teams cry as much about scheduling as big 12 fans do. I haven’t heard too many complain. Everyone knows if you’re gonna win it all you have to beat the good teams anyway. If auburn or anyone else wanted an easier path to the title they would just join an easier conference. 

11 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I suspect Tennessee to be back in the mix in the east in the near future. I think Pruett is a solid coach. I've followed him since his high school gig at Hoover High.

Yea Tennessee will be decent again soon I think. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Tennessee I believe. 

Nope. Tennessee plays BAMA every year. I believe UK’s permanent rival is either Ole Miss or Miss. State. Whichever of those doesn’t play Kentucky plays Vandy. 

BAMA/ UT

UGA/ the barn 

LSU/ Florida 

Arky/ Mizzou 

A&M/ South Carolina 

19 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Nope. Tennessee plays BAMA every year. I believe UK’s permanent rival is either Ole Miss or Miss. State. Whichever of those doesn’t play Kentucky plays Vandy. 

BAMA/ UT

UGA/ the barn 

LSU/ Florida 

Arky/ Mizzou 

A&M/ South Carolina 

Yeah it's on the link I posted above last page. 

11 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

I don’t think he was comparing the teams in the 4 game stretch. I think he was basically saying ATM has a 4 game stretch too that will determine their season. 

I fully understand that and was merely stating that while similar in importance to season, one is definitely a lot tougher than the other.

10 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

Some people have trouble comprehending it seems! 

You're right, you didn't comprehend what I was saying.

1 minute ago, tbird9100 said:

I fully understand that and was merely stating that while similar in importance to season, one is definitely a lot tougher than the other.

You're right, you didn't comprehend what I was saying.

One could argue that A&Ms September is tougher than that...