Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

I see the strategy you pick the same as westhardinfan until his two homer picks against LL and grapeland.  Guarantees the championship for you 

Nah. This week was just a no brainer. lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the early season sunshine pumping I'm used to seeing from Grapeland over the last 10+ years.

#1 Grapeland  #2 Lovelady  #3 Evadale  #4 West Hardin Grapeland oline and dlines are huge. Alot of depth for the big boys also.. Something we haven't had in a long time. A couple o

He has to post that one. It’s the only one his Motorola flip phone has.   

Posted Images

Lovelady burkeville game was honestly the most pathetic game I have ever seen. We scored 32 points....not just within the 1st qtr, not just within 5 minute, within 58 seconds of the game,  we were up 32-0!!!!!!!! We could have scored 200 on them if we wanted to! 

 

(Oh btw final was 67-0)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, elifromlovelady said:

Lovelady burkeville game was honestly the most pathetic game I have ever seen. We scored 32 points....not just within the 1st qtr, not just within 5 minute, within 58 seconds of the game,  we were up 32-0!!!!!!!! We could have scored 200 on them if we wanted to! 

 

(Oh btw final was 67-0)

I knew that was a joke game.  Burkeville needs to consider either, paying enough for a real good Coach, or giving up football.  How y’all managed to keep it to only 67 is a miracle, and says a lot about your coaches class.   (Up 32-0 in the first 58 seconds - wow - that may be some kind of record)

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I knew that was a joke game.  Burkeville needs to consider either, paying enough for a real good Coach, or giving up football.  How y’all managed to keep it to only 67 is a miracle, and says a lot about your coaches class.   (Up 32-0 in the first 58 seconds - wow - that may be some kind of record)

Started running the clock in the first quarter. Plus We were  kneeling and running out of bounds with nothing but green grass in front. And kicking fg on first and second downs. Haven’t even try to kick a pat this year. We probably didn’t have much over 100 yards on offense 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I knew that was a joke game.  Burkeville needs to consider either, paying enough for a real good Coach, or giving up football.  How y’all managed to keep it to only 67 is a miracle, and says a lot about your coaches class.   (Up 32-0 in the first 58 seconds - wow - that may be some kind of record)

Burkeville and Sabine Pass should both drop to 6-man. I know what you’re thinking: but who would Colmesneil beat? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Burkeville and Sabine Pass should both drop to 6-man. I know what you’re thinking: but who would Colmesneil beat? 

They only had 12 players. One was in dress clothes. The qb got hurt in the second and they played with 10 for a little bit but he came back in. I don’t think they would be any good in 6 man either but at least they’d have enough to play.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lion1996 said:

They only had 12 players. One was in dress clothes. The qb got hurt in the second and they played with 10 for a little bit but he came back in. I don’t think they would be any good in 6 man either but at least they’d have enough to play.  

At least in six man they would have enough kids to play a full game. I know the travel issues scare a lot of small schools off from 6-man, but if those two dropped, that would put them and Chester and a couple of private schools playing fairly close together. Travel wouldn’t be any more of a concern than it is now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Burkeville and Sabine Pass should both drop to 6-man. I know what you’re thinking: but who would Colmesneil beat? 

 Valid point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

At least in six man they would have enough kids to play a full game. I know the travel issues scare a lot of small schools off from 6-man, but if those two dropped, that would put them and Chester and a couple of private schools playing fairly close together. Travel wouldn’t be any more of a concern than it is now. 

And apple springs 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone needs to warn burkeville. They play Grapeland. They aren't as classy as lovelady. They'll run it up to 100 at least. And they'll end up putting some of burkeville kids in the hospital. It ain't gonna be good for them next Fri. 

  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Burkeville and Sabine Pass should both drop to 6-man. I know what you’re thinking: but who would Colmesneil beat? 

Both are over the ADA number for six man....

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Both are over the ADA number for six man....

False. Idk about Sabine pass but burkeville has 88 students. Well below the cutoff

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, elifromlovelady said:

Someone needs to warn burkeville. They play Grapeland. They aren't as classy as lovelady. They'll run it up to 100 at least. And they'll end up putting some of burkeville kids in the hospital. It ain't gonna be good for them next Fri. 

Your wrong there buddy.. Our Coach would not do that. I wished he would try to score more but the run game is working and that runs the clock pretty good. 

Grapeland could have put up a 100 on Normangee but from the first snap of the game we had back ups getting there first starts. Same with Evadale. Plus we had four starters out for the first half. So our bench is getting alot of work. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, bigj said:

Your wrong there buddy.. Our Coach would not do that. I wished he would try to score more but the run game is working and that runs the clock pretty good. 

Grapeland could have put up a 100 on Normangee but from the first snap of the game we had back ups getting there first starts. Same with Evadale. Plus we had four starters out for the first half. So our bench is getting alot of work. 

I don’t think you understand how bad it is. Run game will not run the clock because nobody will touch them. Beside that it wasn’t the offense scoring all that. It got so bad we pick up Fumbles and fall down. You can score on every play with or without the ball. Start your jv this week and don’t drive to watch it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

This weeks games:

West Hardin @ Evadale

Grapeland @ Burkeville

Lovelady @ Colmesneil

 

Game of the week is WH vs evadale. 

This is a must win. Because I say loser of this will have to play mart first round of the playoffs. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pickem Standings....

Week:

TrueBlue 3 - 0

WHF1 3 - 0

LLIONPRIDE 3 - 0

elifromlovelady 2 - 1

 

SEASON:

WestHardinFan1 21 - 4

LLIONPRIDE 20 - 5

elifromlovelady 15 - 5

TrueBlue 3 - 0

Link to post
Share on other sites

Standings in the District:

Lovelady....... 4 - 1..........1 - 0

Grapeland.... 4 - 1..........1 - 0

West Hardin. 3 - 2..........1 - 0

Colmesneil... 1 - 3..........0 - 0

Evadale......... 3 - 1.........0 - 1

Burkeville...... 1 - 4.........0 - 1

Sabine Pass.. 0 - 5........0 - 1

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...