Dave South: Best Radio Play by Play Man Ever

bluetopper

This will be the Ags first season without Dave South as the play by play man on the Aggie football radio network. You don’t have to be an Aggie fan to admire his talent behind the microphone. I’ve soo enjoyed listening to him call a game throughout the years. Has there ever been a better one? In my opinion, no.  He left some big shoes to fill.  

Always sounded like he needed to go to the men’s room and drop off a load of timber, especially when he got excited during a big play.

Craig Way is way better. Not saying that, because I’m a Longhorn fan I just feel he paints the picture of the game as it unfolds much better than South did. Way’s radio voice is also better than South’s.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2018 at 8:34 AM, ETXfan16 said:

This is a homer pick, but Craig Way is great play by play on the radio. I'm sure I've heard Dave South before but I can't hear his voice in my head lol

That isn’t a homer pick.  Craig Way is one of the best.  I love hearing him do the HS games as well.

On 8/17/2018 at 6:54 PM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Always sounded like he needed to go to the men’s room and drop off a load of timber, especially when he got excited during a big play.

Craig Way is way better. Not saying that, because I’m a Longhorn fan I just feel he paints the picture of the game as it unfolds much better than South did. Way’s radio voice is also better than South’s.

Exactly, he sounded like he was straining.  It wasn’t even tolerable to listen to.  Going to a playoff game around Dallas one time and had to listen to the Longhorns at Aggies game and it was the Aggies broadcast.  I swear we drive from Longview to Terrell and never heard a score update either