Liberty-Eylau vs. Arkansas High

Eylau91

11 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Argyle will get to test its metal against the Leopards in Week 3 when both teams travel to Sulpher Springs to meet.  I hope both teams are undefeated at that time, but Argyle also has a very formidable schedule to start this season out.  The Eagles will be playing Stephenville at home in Week 1 and then La Vega will come calling in Week 2.  How's that for a predistrict schedule to get the juices flowing, Huh?  LE won't be any cakewalk neither.......just sayin'.  If Argyle can get thru those 3 games healthy and unscathed, then I'd say they have a pretty good chance to compete for a  State Championship this season.  Even if they don't.......they will have plenty of time to make some adjustments when the playoffs get here.  IMO, this year's Argyle Eagles will be an improved team over last season's team......even with a new starter at qb.  We lost Copeland to injury last season deep in district play, but still was able to play 13 games......losing only to Stephenville with a missed field goal from inside the 20 with less than a minute to play. And that was with our back-up qb Clearman......who is a senior this season. He will be back in the secondary again this season.......the coaching staff will go with a new qb and let Clearman do his thing on defense again'......and in whatever other roles they can slot him in on offense. I'm very interested to see what kind of team LE brings to the table this season.  They usually have some good athletes and lots of speed......and have always given Argyle all it can handle.  See you guys in Week 3.   

Let us know how La Vega is, we play them in week 5.

On 8/23/2018 at 7:33 AM, Slimbodine said:

Now this is funny.  Some fan of Arkie High coming on here and talking smack.  From a high school that has not done squat since the days of Swede Lee in the 70's.  The Arkansas side is broke,  rundown and ghetto.  People are leaving there faster than poop  thru a goose.  Texarkana would be a pretty nice town if they could flush the Arkansas side down the toilet.

2 hours ago, LibertyEylau92 said:

Yea but ours is ridiculous I’d take yours lol

No doubt LE has a brutal schedule!!

5 hours ago, Nonothing said:

Looks like A-High got 38 scored on them in their cupcake win last night. Congrats! looking forward to this game:)

Seriously...they should be pretty tough, lots of returning players, and a motivated team for sure.

I will eat my crow NOnothing we gave up that many points!! We was up 42 to 14 and we starting subbing then they scored 24 pts in the last 14 minutes! 1ST team actually gave up 17 pts too many!

26 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

You know Johnny Toombs? H/C at AHS for awhile. He was voted into the Arkansas HOF sometime back. He was at Pewitt a few years I think in the late 70’s early 80’s maybe. 

Yep know him really well!, Good gouy cant beat him

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:04 PM, Hogman2018 said:

Dont worry you will be able to gauge AHS the next two weeks!!

Ark High has a really good Sr class this year. Best I've seen in years.  I thought they would be better than they were last year.   With the drop to a lower class they should crush their district.

On 8/22/2018 at 12:33 PM, LibertyEylau92 said:

In all honesty I like your confidence tho in a team that hasn’t been good in a decade... if I remember correctly we were up 45-7 at halftime last time we played?? Idk I may be wrong.. but I think it’s cool that you created a membership to come over here and take up for your team.. you better hope they can back you up.. don’t y’all have another game this week?? Nobody’s really talking about IG..?? Btw welcome to Smoaky..

Yea I just watched that game when yall blew us out! We had 6 defensive starters out that night and LE just kept throwing the ball! You say we have not been any good in a decade but I believe we are 2 and 2 with yall in the last 4 games!  

AHS- 31 

LE- 14  ( them kitty cats are in trouble)

Meet at the flag pole at 6:30 taking all bets!! Lol