The 2018 SDC Draft

Stoney

@Stoney The best way is the way you are mentioning it with the first round... basically round 1 would be a word of mouth "this is who I keep" and the 3 of us without keepers choose in order.  Then everything after that should be either a randomly chosen draft order or base it on record of how we finished last year.  I prefer random, but either way I don't care.  If we do the snake where pick #10 gets pick #1 in the next draft, it evens it out more.

But when you ask of last year, I try to forget.  It was "you make the decision we support you."  Then I make the decision and it was a bunch of crying.  So do your thing :)  

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Stoney said:

@MavGrad99 We can do that option. Or the only other one I can think of is a manual draft similar to last year’s but as a snake. 

Just let us pick our “keepers” then have a legitimate random draft order for round 1, which could be anyone at #1 (essentially #4) the. Whoever has that #1 drafts #10, then 1 then 10...  #2 would get 9 then 2 then 9.  JAF, or anyone else shouldn’t be entitled to the #1 pick in the draft when the playing field is still pretty even.  With 1 keeper, we are still getting the best players in the league and you could always end up with someone like Kamara that surprises everyone and almost wins you the league by himself :D

• Like 1

On 7/28/2018 at 10:20 PM, MavGrad99 said:

us not using our keepers are just like newbies entering the league though...

I may just be saying this bc i get the first pick.... BUT... me and Golfingnut are literally starting on equal ground with JAF11 while you guys essentially got picks 1-7 locked up with keepers already.

That should be a perk of staying in the league.  Only 7 players were allowed to be kept as keepers.  That leaves many All Pro's and potential MVP's available with the first three picks.  I would have to see what the keepers are, because even mine is iffy with his franchise tag, but I'll take that risk.  I see more of an advantage for JAF11 since they will be given 2 picks in the first 4 picks, because Lion was a Cowardly one and quit on the league.  However even if he had stayed, he would still have those picks if he wouldn't have wanted his keeper since he  finished last due to him not trying to win in the league.  There is still some solid upcoming talent that will be available in this years draft, and with that some players that will falter in the abilities due to age, injuries, and suspensions.  There is also a plethora of talent available in with the front picks by those that only chose one, but we weren't given a multiple option.

When I think of fantasy football, I'd like it to be similar to the real deal, and KirtFalcon raised an interesting scenario to it by trading a player for future considerations in the draft.  I wouldn't have a problem with all players on teams to be kept as keepers, and being able to forfeit the draft picks in the next years draft if we can keep our group intact.  While we don't have a 52 man roster, and we're looking for stars it would show over time who the better owner was over time.  True, I don't know what any of our lifespans would be, but we could keep this going for 20-30 years maybe depending.  That was my logic on it to make the experience as close to the real thing as possible.  I'm not complaining with whatever direction is taken.  I'm simply explaining what I think.  Either way, I'm in. 

On 7/29/2018 at 10:00 PM, Golfingnut said:

Put numbers in a hat for the 3 that still need a keeper player. Draw numbers for their position to pick. Have them pick then everyone will have a keeper.

After all that is done start the computerized draft so that everyone in the first round has the same shot at getting a top pick. 2nd round can start the snake.

If you are going to make the 1st round the keeper round then technically since everyone else has a keeper except 3 people, those 3 should be at the end of the first round and not at the start because in essence the others have made their first round pick. Those 3 shouldn't be penalized in the 2nd round just because they didn't or couldn't use the keeper option. 

That's why if we are really fair just let those 3 pick their keeper in a pre draft round. The everyone is on equal footing and has the same chance in the computerized draw starting in round 1.

Who's to say Stoney doesn't have a cold #### in the hat ?  For those of you who think that's a way to avoid a censor, it's not.  

Definition of ####

1: a short letter or note; especially : a signed voucher of a small debt (as for food)
2: a small slip of paper with writing on it
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Who's to say Stoney doesn't have a cold #### in the hat ?  For those of you who think that's a way to avoid a censor, it's not.  

Definition of ####

1: a short letter or note; especially : a signed voucher of a small debt (as for food)

How did I know that word would be censored, because I grew up in the 70's when they had a iron on decal with a Mexican man that said the word, but it actually has a real definition so I used it.  Geeze, these censors are so sensitive.  You can find the definition at Merriam-Webster.com.  It's the word hit with a c at the start, but it's not a hanging chad.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

Definition of ####

I have no problem at all changing the draft order. I will gladly change it to a randomized, computerized draft order chosen by NFL.com.

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

Definition of ####

6F7C6047-0480-4C20-9645-E36BDD95E4BB.png

The draft order has been changed to a snake draft with a random order set 30 minut s before the draft. ***The Draft order as the start of this thread is null and void. As of 7/31/18 7:40pm***

The first round will have everyone’s keeper. It appears that the site will allow me to manually enter those or we can have everyone choose their keeper themselves in the first round. Now for rounds 2-17, I still have not found a way on NFL.Com to randomize these rounds separately from round 1. The only option that I see that could fix this issue is by putting the keeper round at the end of the draft. I just think that may lead to more confusion and headache while having a online draft. 

47 minutes ago, Stoney said:

The first round will have everyone’s keeper. It appears that the site will allow me to manually enter those or we can have everyone choose their keeper themselves in the first round. Now for rounds 2-17, I still have not found a way on NFL.Com to randomize these rounds separately from round 1. The only option that I see that could fix this issue is by putting the keeper round at the end of the draft. I just think that may lead to more confusion and headache while having a online draft. 

I still disagree with the keeper even being a round. It penalizes those of us who don't have a keeper. 

I’ve made a poll for how we are going to choose to do the draft. We have two options if we want to do a online draft using NFL.Com. It’s either a 1st round keeper, Snake Draft or it’s a last round keeper, Snake Draft. That’s the only two options that NFL.Com will allow me to customize the draft. The third option is to have the draft like last year offline. Since we wouldn’t be using NFL.Com we can customize the draft to however we want it to be. We can have a round for the newbie and the non keepers to select their keeper. Then we can have a round for the keepers to select their keepers before we start the actual draft. Since it’s offline we can set it up however we choose. The final option, is if anybody has a idea or suggestion besides the other three on how to have the draft, post it on here and we can vote on it. As Commish, I’m not voting unless to break a tie. Y’all decide on you want to do the draft.

Everybody please see the poll I created and vote. There’s 9 of Y’all. Y’all choose and I’ll enforce it. We also need to decide on a date this month to have the draft. I suggested somewhere within the last two weeks of the month. Let me know if early week, mid week, weekend works best for everyone.

10 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

I still disagree with the keeper even being a round. It penalizes those of us who don't have a keeper. 

How does it punish us?

we still get to pick our keeper.  Round 2 will not have the same order as round 1.  It will be completely random.  I believe this is the fairest way.

people have often asked why I quit being the commish.  If anyone wants to know, ask Stoney... I’m sure he knows without me even saying a word to him lol

• LOL! 2

27 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

How does it punish us?

we still get to pick our keeper.  Round 2 will not have the same order as round 1.  It will be completely random.  I believe this is the fairest way.

people have often asked why I quit being the commish.  If anyone wants to know, ask Stoney... I’m sure he knows without me even saying a word to him lol

That's not what he said would happen. I totally am ok with that. He said the first round (keeper round) would be manually put into the NFL.com which would make the 2nd round a reverse of the first (keeper round). I just believe those who don't have keepers should have the same chance as everyone else to get a early pick in the round following picking our keepers. None of the. choices above give us that option. That's all I have been saying. 

16 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

That's not what he said would happen. I totally am ok with that. He said the first round (keeper round) would be manually put into the NFL.com which would make the 2nd round a reverse of the first (keeper round). I just believe those who don't have keepers should have the same chance as everyone else to get a early pick in the round following picking our keepers. None of the. choices above give us that option. That's all I have been saying. 

Even if it did that, we would be 8-9-10 in keepers then 1-2-3 in 2nd round

• Mr. P changed the title to The 2018 SDC Draft
  • Mr. P locked this topic