Best Stadium You've Watched A Game

ETXfan16

Which stadium that you have been to is the best to watch a game? I've only been to 3 outside of Texas. The old Yankee Stadium, Fenway, and Coors Field. 

The old Yankee stadium was cool, but I didn't get nostalgia there like I did at Fenway. Fenway was an awesome baseball experience, and the crowd was pretty fun as well. I would have to go with Fenway as the coolest place I've been too.

Coors Field was great because I love Colorado, and watching a June baseball game when it's 60 degrees out is REALLY nice. 

(When I went to the Yankee game, I got to get up the next day and drive to Cooperstown to go to the Baseball Hall of Fame. Not sure anyone has been there, but if you haven't you should go and take your kids. One of the best memories of my life.)

I've been to the HOF twice. The first time was the most exhilarating experience of my life.  This is a must see for any fan of baseball. Just Do It.

My youngest son's baseball card is in the HOF behind a display on the 2nd floor... 🙂

2 hours ago, mellon said:

I've been to the HOF twice. The first time was the most exhilarating experience of my life.  This is a must see for any fan of baseball. Just Do It.

My youngest son's baseball card is in the HOF behind a display on the 2nd floor... 🙂

Haha that's awesome!! Next time I go back, I'll have to hide something in there so I can say I'm in the HOF too😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

The Harris County Domed Stadium....AKA: The Houston Astrodome.......

Legendary! My dad went and saw a couple games and concerts there. That was his favorite place to watch a game.  What about outside of Texas?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

The Harris County Domed Stadium....AKA: The Houston Astrodome.......

That would be mine also, I haven't been to many but it beats minute maid and the Texas Rangers stadium in my view. No worry about parking heck for the most part I just walked over from that Days Inn that use to be there. Great memories sorry that it ended.

• Like 1

Out of state? 5/3 Bank Park in Nashville was fun. For major league, I have been to Angels Stadium, but there wasn't a game going on. Ran a 5k in the parking lot and was able to sneak in and get a quick picture. 

In state? I really like Dell Diamond in Round Rock, as well as Constellation Field in Sugarland. Still haven't made it over to Whataburger Field, but hoping Labor Day weekend I can make it down there. Minute Maid over whatever the name is in Arlington...

The Astrodome as an 8 year kid it was truly a World Wonder.  I've never seen anything like it, and it was great.  I've been an Astros fan ever since.  The worst Arlington, Stadium it was terrible with aluminum benches for seating like you would see at High School Football stadiums in the 70's.  

As for football, I still say Texas Stadium was the best I've had seats in the nosebleeds, and in the temporary seating on the 35 yard line with plastic chairs with metal legs.  It was truly made for watching football.  I haven't been to AT&T stadium so I can't compare the two.  

22 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

The Astrodome as an 8 year kid it was truly a World Wonder.  I've never seen anything like it, and it was great.  I've been an Astros fan ever since.  The worst Arlington, Stadium it was terrible with aluminum benches for seating like you would see at High School Football stadiums in the 70's.  

As for football, I still say Texas Stadium was the best I've had seats in the nosebleeds, and in the temporary seating on the 35 yard line with plastic chairs with metal legs.  It was truly made for watching football.  I haven't been to AT&T stadium so I can't compare the two.  

My dad told me back in the day they would buy $1 tickets and sit in the bleachers at Arlington Stadium.

If you go to AT&T Stadium, it's obviously very nice, but it's almost too comfortable if that makes sense. You're basically sitting in movie theatre chairs.

2 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

My dad told me back in the day they would buy $1 tickets and sit in the bleachers at Arlington Stadium.

If you go to AT&T Stadium, it's obviously very nice, but it's almost too comfortable if that makes sense. You're basically sitting in movie theatre chairs.

I don't know if I'd want to go to AT&T for a Cowboys game, the decent seats are too much, and the upper tiers look like you'd be distracted by the huge jumbotron.  I would just stay at home and watch the game.  Sure it would be nice to go to one maybe, but ....

9 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

My answer was specifically AT&T Park in San Francisco and the Giants.  I was only answering about baseball.

I've always wanted to go to a game there. I've never been, but I still have it at the top of my list of most beautiful ballparks. And I've only seen pictures.

14 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I don't know if I'd want to go to AT&T for a Cowboys game, the decent seats are too much, and the upper tiers look like you'd be distracted by the huge jumbotron.  I would just stay at home and watch the game.  Sure it would be nice to go to one maybe, but ....

Only time I've gone is because I've been given tickets. Have never bought a ticket to a game there and probably never will. At college games, it's so big you can hardly hear your own band playing.

• 1 month later...

Stadiums I've Been to that no longer exist or house major league teams:

Arlington Stadium, Astrodome, Busch (II) Stadium, Tiger Stadium and Turner Field

Stadiums my son and I have been to so far on our quest to see a game in all the Major League Ballparks:

The Ballpark In Arlington, Minute Maid Park, Kauffman Stadium, Busch (III) Stadium, Fenway Park and Tropicana Field.

My favorites were Tiger Stadium, Fenway and the Astrodome.  (But I am also a history teacher so that might have something to do with it.)

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Stadiums I've Been to that no longer exist or house major league teams:

Arlington Stadium, Astrodome, Busch (II) Stadium, Tiger Stadium and Turner Field

Stadiums my son and I have been to so far on our quest to see a game in all the Major League Ballparks:

The Ballpark In Arlington, Minute Maid Park, Kauffman Stadium, Busch (III) Stadium, Fenway Park and Tropicana Field.

My favorites were Tiger Stadium, Fenway and the Astrodome.  (But I am also a history teacher so that might have something to do with it.)

My dad had a love/hate relationship with Arlington Stadium and the metal bleachers in center field.

Fenway is my number 1. I'm a history guy too, and the tradition and history in that ballpark is breathtaking to any baseball fan.