House Democrat calls bid to unseat Cruz key to flipping Senate
News Fix ^ | April 1, 2017 | CNN Wire

Posted on 4/1/2017, 2:52:24 PM by 2ndDivisionVet

(CNN) — Texas Democratic Rep. Beto O’Rourke knows most people are already writing off his long-shot bid to unseat Republican Sen. Ted Cruz, but he argues his race could be the key to flipping the Senate in 2018.

“I’d like nothing more for the establishment to count us out,” O’Rourke told CNN in a phone interview from El Paso.

The 44-year-old third-term House Democrat isn’t hiring pollsters or campaign consultants and is sticking with a pledge he made during his first run for the House to refuse any corporate money or donations from political action committees. He pointed to his party’s dismal record in the last 30 years trying to win a Senate seat in Texas, saying Democrats spent close to a billion dollars on “consultants, polls, wizards and experts, and we really came up short.”(continued)

(Excerpt) Read more at cw39.com ...

• 10 months later...

Cruz trails Beto in fundraising...  by a lot 

Although Cruz already had a substantial stockpile by the time O’Rourke declared his Senate bid last spring, the Democrat has gained attention for outpacing Cruz’s fundraising tally in what's now three out of the last four reporting periods.

After O’Rourke announced last week that he raised more than $2 million in the first 45 days of 2018 , Cruz's camp reached out to donors with a jarring message: “This is serious.”

52 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I think Ted has done a good job, he won by almost 1.4 million votes in 2012 it will be hard for any democrat to make up that many votes. They may cut into it but Ted should win 

Cruz has to get out of the Primary, first. He probably will, but he may not.

1 hour ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

None needed......the anti-gun libtards are going to guarantee a landslide for Senator Cruz......

Oh I've no doubt it's going to be a win for Cruz. Texas is still deeply red, no matter what's going on in Austin/DFW/Houston. But it's gonna be much closer than 2012.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On the 16th, I got a text from someone named "Jenny" who said she was with "Beto for Texas", asking if they could "count on [my] vote".

I basically texted back a "no", and they said they would "mark it down", and then bade me a good day.

Have any of you gotten that?

I told a former co-worker about it. She said she got the same thing, but she replied to them "<blank> off".

Weird thing is, I'm not on FaceBook. I have a sparse "social media" presence (only on Twitter). I don't know how they got my phone number. I guess they're trying to sway some Conservatives to vote for him over Cruz.

8 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

On the 16th, I got a text from someone named "Jenny" who said she was with "Beto for Texas", asking if they could "count on [my] vote".

I basically texted back a "no", and they said they would "mark it down", and then bade me a good day.

Have any of you gotten that?

I told a former co-worker about it. She said she got the same thing, but she replied to them "<blank> off".

Weird thing is, I'm not on FaceBook. I have a sparse "social media" presence (only on Twitter). I don't know how they got my phone number. I guess they're trying to sway some Conservatives to vote for him over Cruz.

I haven’t gotten one yet, however, I’m so rude to telemarketers, they usually hang up on me!👍👌

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

• Mr. P changed the title to 🥊 CRUZ vs. BETO