Week 2 Scrimmage Reports

Yoe09

28 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

Had chances in 3 of those last yr. a stop here or there may have helped. 

I dont think the offense will be quite as potent this year. Stoker was a game changer. They replaced him with a scat back that we bottled up quite well. Stoker was a mauler. Their WRs are impressive and White can sling it though. I would say their offense will take a step or 2 back and their defense will take a step or 2 up this season. Only time will tell though.

7 hours ago, BigBoyRabbit03 said:

This is true but Stoker was a man among boys . Hard to replace a stud like that!

Yes, he was a load. RB now is quick with speed but no where near as dangerous as Stoker imo. Their run game is nothing like last year.

2 hours ago, BigBoyRabbit03 said:

This is true but Stoker was a man among boys . Hard to replace a stud like that!

Yes he was. I'm just hoping the panthers can find a way to get in the playoffs. Been too long. It will be tough but I'm just hoping. I'm just really glad football is back!!

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

I dont think the offense will be quite as potent this year. Stoker was a game changer. They replaced him with a scat back that we bottled up quite well. Stoker was a mauler. Their WRs are impressive and White can sling it though. I would say their offense will take a step or 2 back and their defense will take a step or 2 up this season. Only time will tell though.

I hope they can find a way. Love to those tatum Eagles too. I always thought Andy Evans was one of the classiest guys around. Good luck to you guys 

Greenville looked pretty darn good against Seagoville in their scrimmage last night.

Seagoville scored on their first possession of the controlled scrimmage, and then never scored again the rest of the night. Greenville was stopped twice at the Dragons 1 yard line in the controlled scrimmage.

Live half, though, Greenville won 21-0. Had three other touchdowns called back for holding penalties; the refs even admitted to calling the game tighter than they normally would. If we can clean up the penalties (we had way too many), we may have a little something this season.

Nick Mapps (our star offensive player who was badly injured in Marshall last year) looks to be back at full health.

Greenville outgained Seagoville 312-171, and did not allow a completed pass on defense.

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

I agree. 

Stoker and Tulpa were great.

Our projected starters this year haven't played yet due to one transfering to Carthage and the other one is injured. 

Someone will step up I'm sure

15 minutes ago, Acewell said:

I agree. 

Stoker and Tulpa were great.

Our projected starters this year haven't played yet due to one transfering to Carthage and the other one is injured. 

Someone will step up I'm sure

I hope they do too I gained some respect for SH last year y’all deserve to get a playoff chance soon 

2 hours ago, wingtveer said:

I hope they can find a way. Love to those tatum Eagles too. I always thought Andy Evans was one of the classiest guys around. Good luck to you guys 

Thanks. Man....we have 7 sophomores and 2 freshmen on varsity. Most of which are starting. That combined with a brand new coaching staff thats implementing a new offense, could take a little while to get rolling. But we do have a good bit of talent. Next 4 years should be fun. 

Couple of scores that might be of interest.

Jasper vs Nacodoches - All scores tied.

First at 2. Seconds at 2.  Live action 21-21

Newton vs LCM (Little Cypress)   Newton wins (no surprise there).

Controlled 5-1.  Live action 14-0

And this was posted earlier, but since it’s so unbelievable, I’ll post it again.

Vidor vs WOS   Vidor wins 19-0

13 hours ago, bigj said:

Grapeland 6-1 vs Trinity..

Hope Grapeland has it together I remember on the very first 2 a days  this year there were reports of y'alls head coach watching our practice! That carried on for 2 or 3 more days. And then Thursday the whole Grapeland team it looked like was in our stands watching us scrimmage and yelling sum vulgar stuff. And we don't play them till week 3!! They're gonna get what they want and a lot more then..

46 minutes ago, CrockettDogs said:

Hope Grapeland has it together I remember on the very first 2 a days  this year there were reports of y'alls head coach watching our practice! That carried on for 2 or 3 more days. And then Thursday the whole Grapeland team it looked like was in our stands watching us scrimmage and yelling sum vulgar stuff. And we don't play them till week 3!! They're gonna get what they want and a lot more then..

I would like to hear someone from Grapeland comment on this. 😂 

2 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I would like to hear someone from Grapeland comment on this. 😂 

There are also screenshotsof Grapeland players on Snapchat saying "The Crockett team is gonna be trash this year" along with a poop emoji. Our players have been notified to not respond or retaliate but that just shows no class between Grapelands players nor coaching staff. They better be ready for a beat down tho come the 3rd game.

17 minutes ago, CrockettDogs said:

There are also screenshotsof Grapeland players on Snapchat saying "The Crockett team is gonna be trash this year" along with a poop emoji. Our players have been notified to not respond or retaliate but that just shows no class between Grapelands players nor coaching staff. They better be ready for a beat down tho come the 3rd game.

I can’t imagine a head coach hanging out at another school’s practice.....well, unless maybe you’re Bill Belichick. 😆 This battle between Grapeland and Crockett could get interesting. Grapeland is much improved over years past and Crockett looks like Crockett to me. To even put y’all on the schedule, the Sandies must feel pretty confident about their chances. And they do have players stepping up so watch out!  I wouldn’t take them lightly.

Otherwise, from the outside looking in (and if you were going on tradition) most people would think y’all would put the beat down on them. Kind of reminds me of our “Cherokee County Showdown” with Alto vs. Rusk the last two years!  That was fun.

Grapeland vs. Crockett: The Battle for Houston County!

7 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I can’t imagine a head coach hanging out at another school’s practice.....well, unless maybe you’re Bill Belichick. 😆 This battle between Grapeland and Crockett could get interesting. Grapeland is much improved over years past and Crockett looks like Crockett to me. To even put y’all on the schedule, the Sandies must feel pretty confident about their chances. And they do have players stepping up so watch out!  I wouldn’t take them lightly.

Otherwise, from the outside looking in (and if you were going on tradition) most people would think y’all would put the beat down on them. Kind of reminds me of our “Cherokee County Showdown” with Alto vs. Rusk the last two years!  That was fun.

Grapeland vs. Crockett: The Battle for Houston County!

"Battle for Houston County"😂 I like that. Should be a fun game to watch nonetheless. Most of the players know each other personally and I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of fights broke out.

Grapeland will handle this on the football field. Both teams are talking noise. Should be its football and its Crockett vs Grapeland. Dont tell me your getting soft because its 2018. Crockett probably tired of getting beat down by us in basketball. So you know there going to bring it on the football field. Should be a good game. By the stingemalto hes just stiring the pot. No coach was at practice. Dont need to be. Grapeland has enough weapons to beat Crockett. Cant wait for that game shouldw be a war. 

37 minutes ago, bigj said:

Grapeland will handle this on the football field. Both teams are talking noise. Should be its football and its Crockett vs Grapeland. Dont tell me your getting soft because its 2018. Crockett probably tired of getting beat down by us in basketball. So you know there going to bring it on the football field. Should be a good game. By the stingemalto hes just stiring the pot. No coach was at practice. Dont need to be. Grapeland has enough weapons to beat Crockett. Cant wait for that game shouldw be a war. 

Just off propriety alone, being 1and a half divisions up on Grapeland this should be a ho stomp beat down by Crockett. But seems like the sandies got a different opinion on thangs.. Lol https://media.giphy.com/media/itKdvXtQvDD1K/giphy.gif

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, bigj said:

This isn't basketball bud Grapeland has never been as talented as Crockett in football nor do y'all have enough "weapons" even with the slump we had last year we'll show y'all the difference between a 2ad2 and a 3ad1.Fyi it was confirmed Grapelands HC came to our very first practice and watched us must be a lil bit scared lolol. And coming to our scrimmage and cursing at our players and even almost having a fight with a parent is a little more than "talking noise".

Ok Ok time for me to chyme in here...First of all the coaches in Grapeland are 1st class. Secondly whoever confirmed all that #### you are talking Crockettdog is a liar. One coach was at ya'lls practice for one and a half practices. He is an ex Bulldog that from what I understand has always come to his ex teams practices and wasn't thinking about a scouting type deal. He was asked to leave and politely did. Cetainly not the head coach and certainly not sent there. Also all the talk? Come on by who? You are just trying to stir the pot. It's the one reason I didn't want us playing you all because Crockett is just full of controversy all the time about the town and the school. Don't drag us into ya'lls mess please. Just go out and play our tiny little school (at your house) and let the chips fall as they may. SPND! (Sandie Pride Never Dies)  Thanks, Sandiedad

• Like 1