aTm declines chance at renewing rivalry with Horns

As a football fan.... that has no allegiance to either school..... this is absolutely ludicrous.  

It makes no sense that these schools aren't playing one another EVERY YEAR.  They are the premier programs of the state of Texas... and they can't make nice after all these years.

Texas A&M did what was best for them when they went to the SEC.  UT does what's best for them in the Big 12.

LET IT GO.

Both are better off right now.  Or so the fanbases of each like to pretend.

Fact is.... it's a travesty this game isn't being played.  And the sole reason it isn't is because of pettiness on BOTH sides.

Because fans would rather see A&M pummel Appalachian State and and New Mexico or UT beat the snot out of Rice and UTEP instead of a Longhorns/Aggie game.

Absolutely ridiculous.

SMH.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

As a football fan.... that has no allegiance to either school..... this is absolutely ludicrous.  

It makes no sense that these schools aren't playing one another EVERY YEAR.  They are the premier programs of the state of Texas... and they can't make nice after all these years.

Texas A&M did what was best for them when they went to the SEC.  UT does what's best for them in the Big 12.

LET IT GO.

Both are better off right now.  Or so the fanbases of each like to pretend.

Fact is.... it's a travesty this game isn't being played.  And the sole reason it isn't is because of pettiness on BOTH sides.

Because fans would rather see A&M pummel Appalachian State and and New Mexico or UT beat the snot out of Rice and UTEP instead of a Longhorns/Aggie game.

Absolutely ridiculous.

SMH.

Agreed. Texas was petty at first now A&M is doing the same. Both need to drop it and move on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

New AD at Texas wants it and Herman wants it. The fans definitely want it. I don't think Jimbo is scared. A&M AD apparently doesn't want it. I cant imagine A&M alumni no wanting the game.

It’s not that the AD doesn’t want it, I think it’s just his turn to throw the finger at Texas. A&M openly wanted the game to continue and Texas refused when they left for the sec, saying “if you wanted to play us you should have stayed.” Then a year or two later it was “our schedule is full, try again later type response.” Now A&M does the same thing. I disagree with it but I get why they are being petty and doing it. 

Texas should have made the game happen when A&M left. A&M should be making it happen now. Ego is ruining it and it’s everyones loss to be honest. 

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

It’s not that the AD doesn’t want it, I think it’s just his turn to throw the finger at Texas. A&M openly wanted the game to continue and Texas refused when they left for the sec, saying “if you wanted to play us you should have stayed.” Then a year or two later it was “our schedule is full, try again later type response.” Now A&M does the same thing. I disagree with it but I get why they are being petty and doing it. 

Texas should have made the game happen when A&M left. A&M should be making it happen now. Ego is ruining it and it’s everyones loss to be honest. 

Yep, a group of adults acting like like rotten children. 

12 hours ago, TTman7 said:

This is four days old, but still funny. 

Mematic_meme_20180823_185937.png

You posted that a few days ago and it didn't make sense then either. We're scheduling teams like Clemson, Miami, and Notre Dame. Nobody is scared of 6-6 Texas.

If you need unfunny memes to help you sleep at night, then go for it, I guess. 

9 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Nobody is scared of 6-6 Texas.

True statement. 

But I don’t think anyone is afraid of a mediocre A&M either. 

All this pettiness and mouthing when the truth is that neither of them  have been the best team in Texas in a LONG LONG time. 

2 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

True statement. 

All this pettiness and mouthing abd neither have been the best teams in Texas in a LONG LONG time. 

This. Nobody is scared of anybody as far as on the field competition. Both sides are more concerned about how it affects recruiting and what not. It's dumb, but I've just about given up my hopes for this rivalry coming back. Which is why taking jabs at A&M is a waste of time if you ask me.

17 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

True statement. 

All this pettiness and mouthing when the truth is that neither of them  have been the best team in Texas in a LONG LONG time. 

I'm not the one posting pictures that claim someone is scared of us. 

13 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Well, I was informed for years that it wasn't a real rivalry by the same crowd who are now butthurt that the game isn't going on. 

That’s incorrect JF, it’s a huge rivalry and UT has a huge rivalry with OU.

You probably heard UT fans say they consider OU a bigger rival than A&M and got sore about it.  Now you say UT fans didn’t consider the Texas A&M Aggies a rival; your statement is just not accurate.

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That’s incorrect JF, it’s a huge rivalry and UT has a huge rivalry with OU.

You probably heard UT fans say they consider OU a bigger rival than A&M and got sore about it.  Now you say UT fans didn’t consider the Texas A&M Aggies a rival; your statement is just not accurate. 

I'm just going by what I was told- that "we're not rivals". Should I not take Texas fans at their word? 

This thread is a microcosm of why this stupid rift continues. 

Each accusing the other of being butthurt.  Each accusing the other of irrelevance. Each accusing the other of starting it.

Its ridiculous. 

The two flagship programs of a state consumed with football should be playing each other. Period.  

Now matter how hurt someone’s feeling are. 

The arrogance of both sides is appalling. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I'm just going by what I was told- that "we're not rivals". Should I not take Texas fans at their word? 

You know better.

Getting upset over pictures that are supposed to be funny... you should know better.

To think old men would act like real men... you should know better.

To think that no one is at fault or everyone is at fault... you should know better.

To think that we all are not going to throw our punches when its available to us... 

YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mavchamp said:

This thread is a microcosm of why this stupid rift continues. 

Each accusing the other of being butthurt.  Each accusing the other of irrelevance. Each accusing the other of starting it.

Its ridiculous. 

The two flagship programs of a state consumed with football should be playing each other. Period.  

Now matter how hurt someone’s feeling are. 

The arrogance of both sides is appalling. 

Hey keep letting them talk and be petty... Soon we will be talking about that TCU Houston rivalry :lol: 

4 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

You know better.

Getting upset over pictures that are supposed to be funny... you should know better.

To think old men would act like real men... you should know better.

To think that no one is at fault or everyone is at fault... you should know better.

To think that we all are not going to throw our punches when its available to us... 

YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER

I mean, if the image was funny, that would've been one thing. But it wasn't, really. 😕 

I don't really consider there to be "fault". I see this as a good thing. We're playing a national schedule with historical college football powers. The fact that outsiders think we should be playing doesn't mean much to me. 

4 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Hey keep letting them talk and be petty... Soon we will be talking about that TCU Houston rivalry :lol:  

That'd be pretty awesome. I still feel bad for Houston- they were a strong football program and basketball program and they were crippled badly by the SWC collapse and being left out of the Big XII. 

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

I mean, if the image was funny, that would've been one thing. But it wasn't, really. 😕 

I don't really consider there to be "fault". I see this as a good thing. We're playing a national schedule with historical college football powers. 

Both teams schedules are great.  I am afraid Texas is setting themselves up for some Notre Dame type fall though... If they can't win these big name games, then it hurts.  While A&M playing one of these games is very similar to most power conferences.  Play 1 huge Non-conference, then mediocre at best the other ones.  

But considering the tradition of both of these schools, that huge BIG NAME GAME could be set in stone for a lifetime...  Texas A&M is going to be a solid win every year.  It may not be a juggernaut, but if it is Texas that beats them, then its huge (even to the media).  Same goes for A&M.  You beat Texas and they finish 7-5... you won a huge rivalry game.  These things matter.

Yeah those A&M Vs Appalachian State and New Mexico games and UT Vs Rice abd UTEP games should be real nail biters. 

I’m glad each are paring up with Miami and Alabama etc for non conference games. 

But the fact there are garbage games like those above in existence instead of a rivalry game is ludicrous. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That'd be pretty awesome. I still feel bad for Houston- they were a strong football program and basketball program and they were crippled badly by the SWC collapse and being left out of the Big XII. 

Houston has been as good as non-Big XII TCU leading up to their P5 move.  I am still in shock that the B12 didn't consider them harder.  They are good in Baseball, Basketball, and football... what else can you ask for?

• Mr. P changed the title to aTm declines chance at renewing rivalry with Horns