Lovelady @ Groveton 8/31

LLIONPRIDE

No better way to get this season started than against the neighbors from down the road. Groveton’s strength seems to be their size along the OL/DL and Lovelady’s strength seems to be at the skill positions. There doesn’t seem to be any love lost between these two rivals so I expect it to be an all out war. I like our chances as I see us spreading them out and being a mismatch for them in the open field. Should be a good one. Let’s hear some thoughts from the smoaky experts! 

Groveton has won the last two years.

But I think we will pull this one out this time.  LL has looked pretty good from what I’ve seen so far. Lots of speed and they get after it on Defense. I think the offense will be better this year. returned a lot of skill players. 

14 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

Groveton has won the last two years.

But I think we will pull this one out this time.  LL has looked pretty good from what I’ve seen so far. Lots of speed and they get after it on Defense. I think the offense will be better this year. returned a lot of skill players. 

Just need some guys to step up on OL/DL and we will be fine. 

2 minutes ago, LLIONPRIDE said:

Crickets from the Big Red Nation????? 

Yall should feel good about this one. Y’all beat us last year and we graduated way more than y’all did!!! Let’s hear it. 

GO BIG RED... GO BIG RED

They are like Cowboys fans...still want to brag about the early 90s!  

3 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Think maybe their star players and coach graduating has got em nervous, maybe they don't know what they got yet.. Could be a possible scenario? Js

They only come here the week they play SA and once they get beat you never see em again!

Do not fear, Red Nation is here. I’m not thrilled with where our football program is at right now.

I wouldn’t quite say our previous guy got a promotion. You won’t find too many people upset with his departure. 

I still have some skin in the game so I’ll stay positive on my Indians. It will be a new year and a new look for us this season and we have a long way to go, but one thing is our kids will always show up ready for Lovelady. Looking forward to kicking the season off Friday. Groveton by 3.