Lovelady @ Groveton 8/31

LLIONPRIDE

Let’s go Red! Bang those war drums and stir up the old spirits of the those Indians named Horace, Bird, and Thomas and maybe y’all will beat your old doormat Lovelady. I would love to see Groveton get back to the days of yore and maybe they would put us on the schedule again! Many great battles over the years. I miss that rivalry! Stirred so many firey  emotions I can’t even explain! It’s what great 2A rivalry was all about! 12,000 folks at SFA watching us duke it out! Classic. Miss it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

Let’s go Red! Bang those war drums and stir up the old spirits of the those Indians named Horace, Bird, and Thomas and maybe y’all will beat your old doormat Lovelady. I would love to see Groveton get back to the days of yore and maybe they would put us on the schedule again! Many great battles over the years. I miss that rivalry! Stirred so many firey  emotions I can’t even explain! It’s what great 2A rivalry was all about! 12,000 folks at SFA watching us duke it out! Classic. Miss it!

You are aging yourself when you discuss that game........but I was there too. Cold nite. Best game I can remember ever watching.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Groveton had their shot two years ago but choked. IMO had the best team in the region that year. I know wolfman will say they were trash because they beat them. But they only lost by 2 I think and had like 5 turnovers in the red zone. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

Groveton had their shot two years ago but choked. IMO had the best team in the region that year. I know wolfman will say they were trash because they beat them. But they only lost by 2 I think and had like 5 turnovers in the red zone. 

They had their chance, but they got the big head!  We beat em twice that year!

3 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

Yes sir! They could put some points on the board that year. Lost to SA twice if I remember. 

On 8/30/2018 at 12:21 AM, BlueBlood99 said:

You are aging yourself when you discuss that game........but I was there too. Cold nite. Best game I can remember ever watching.

I can still remember Rodney Thomas’s footprints on the frosty field when he scored a long TD because most of the game was played on one end due to the stout defense being played. He broke a long run and his tracks were on the frosty turf

31 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

I can still remember Rodney Thomas’s footprints on the frosty field when he scored a long TD because most of the game was played on one end due to the stout defense being played. He broke a long run and his tracks were on the frosty turf

He was in BEAST MODE at all times. Great player to watch. So sad he passed at such an early age. 

10 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

🤦‍♂️ I don’t know about “downfall” but I think they averaged giving up over 30 points per game last year (Alto gave up 34.7 😳). 

There you go bringing up a nightmare again. Lol. Never thought I’d see the day we gave up 34.7 as an average. Embarrassing 

50 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

There you go bringing up a nightmare again. Lol. Never thought I’d see the day we gave up 34.7 as an average. Embarrassing 

Well, Swarm!  lol  It's tough to win ball games giving up that many points.  What's the old adage, "Defense wins championships!"  I am confident that average will drop or else there will be so many up-downs that those boys might be doing them in their sleep!  :rofl:

37 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Well, Swarm!  lol  It's tough to win ball games giving up that many points.  What's the old adage, "Defense wins championships!"  I am confident that average will drop or else there will be so many up-downs that those boys might be doing them in their sleep!  :rofl:

Lol yep. This game here is intriguing though. You always throw records and statistics out of the window when it comes to games like these. Crazy things happen in rivalry games. I don’t have a dog in the fight, if you will, but I can envision this being a hard fought game for whoever comes out on top. Hopefully, all these youngsters come out of this one injury free.

I'm going with the home team, and gonna say Groveton by 1.  Big Red will bang the drum and get it done.  Indian fans, get your right arm lose so you can do that tomahawk chop thing and encourage the band director to irritate the visitors by playing that Indian song A LOT! 🤣

I like to give my score predictions so you guys see how much I really DON’T know 😁. So here it goes. Our O/L is still a work in progress right now so I think we will struggle at times on offense. I think Groveton will control the clock running the football behind that Big OL more that I’d like. So I see it being a close game for 3 quarters with Lovelady pulling away slightly late in the game.

34-20 LIONS