Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Recommended Posts

No better way to get this season started than against the neighbors from down the road. Groveton’s strength seems to be their size along the OL/DL and Lovelady’s strength seems to be at the skill positions. There doesn’t seem to be any love lost between these two rivals so I expect it to be an all out war. I like our chances as I see us spreading them out and being a mismatch for them in the open field. Should be a good one. Let’s hear some thoughts from the smoaky experts! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hats off to Lovelady. Best of luck going forward. I’ll hold my tongue on tonight’s performance. Give it another week or two of looking like we did tonight and I will speak my mind then. 

Let’s go Red! Bang those war drums and stir up the old spirits of the those Indians named Horace, Bird, and Thomas and maybe y’all will beat your old doormat Lovelady. I would love to see Groveton get

You are aging yourself when you discuss that game........but I was there too. Cold nite. Best game I can remember ever watching.

Posted Images

Lions

Link to post
Share on other sites

Groveton has won the last two years.

But I think we will pull this one out this time.  LL has looked pretty good from what I’ve seen so far. Lots of speed and they get after it on Defense. I think the offense will be better this year. returned a lot of skill players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

Groveton has won the last two years.

But I think we will pull this one out this time.  LL has looked pretty good from what I’ve seen so far. Lots of speed and they get after it on Defense. I think the offense will be better this year. returned a lot of skill players. 

Just need some guys to step up on OL/DL and we will be fine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Crickets from the Big Red Nation????? 

Yall should feel good about this one. Y’all beat us last year and we graduated way more than y’all did!!! Let’s hear it. 

GO BIG RED... GO BIG RED

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LLIONPRIDE said:

Crickets from the Big Red Nation????? 

Yall should feel good about this one. Y’all beat us last year and we graduated way more than y’all did!!! Let’s hear it. 

GO BIG RED... GO BIG RED

They are like Cowboys fans...still want to brag about the early 90s!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Think maybe their star players and coach graduating has got em nervous, maybe they don't know what they got yet.. Could be a possible scenario? Js

They only come here the week they play SA and once they get beat you never see em again!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Think maybe their star players and coach graduating has got em nervous, maybe they don't know what they got yet.. Could be a possible scenario? Js

Coach graduated? Did he get a good scholarship?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Coach graduated? Did he get a good scholarship?

Doomer’s ex-girlfriend’s second cousin’s baby mama’s step brother said he heard he was a 4* recruit. Tru storie. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...