Cameras out yet?

bigdawg16

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a really nice I count 12 pointer I have seen on my place that I have never gotten on camera.  I have only seen him twice and nowhere near any of my feeders/cameras.  He is well over 20" inside spread and has a really tall rack.    I killed a really nice 10 pointer two years ago that scores 161.  This buck makes that 10 pointer look small ... I have guess I need to buy some more cameras and just try to catch him crossing somewhere ... 

On 10/3/2018 at 1:40 PM, My3Daughters said:

The two I posted pale in comparison to what you have. That's some nice deer!!!

Yeah, but those pictures arent worth anything when you get into season and cant even see a deer.  I have hunted 5 times since season opened and saw deer once!!!  Hoping this cooler weather will get them moving a little better!

ATL, as fellow hunters, we all need to look out for each other. Strictly for safety purposes, could you PM me GPS coordinates on your stand so we will be able to find you. You know, like in an emergency or something. You know, we can never be TOO careful. 

• LOL! 1

On 10/19/2018 at 5:47 AM, trueblue82 said:

ATL, as fellow hunters, we all need to look out for each other. Strictly for safety purposes, could you PM me GPS coordinates on your stand so we will be able to find you. You know, like in an emergency or something. You know, we can never be TOO careful. 

Doomer put me on this spot in the Joaquin river bottom, just a short walk from his squeezins factory!   

8 minutes ago, ATLFalcons said:

Doomer put me on this spot in the Joaquin river bottom, just a short walk from his squeezins factory!   

Oh that’s good. PM me the coordinates and then if you need any “help”, I’m five minutes away! Do you want me to fill your feeder?

A few years ago before we built our house and we were living in a camper I shot a huge wild boar crossing the back side of my place.  I had to take a quick shot because he wasn't going to stop before he crossed the fence into the woods.  I hit him in the neck area with my .223 ranch rifle and I could hear him squealing and going through the brush/woods across the fence.  Hopeful to find him and put him down, I crossed the fence and trailed him for over two hours.  I could never find him even though I could hear him several times.  I walked past probably a half dozen game cameras about a 1/2 mile across the fence and even walked up and looked right at a couple of them.  I meant to drive up the road and talk to my neighbor, who I didn't know although I knew several of his relatives, instead I put it off for about a week.  The next thing I know I get a call from him ranting and raving and saying "I know who you are and where you live!!!" ... "I'm going to call the game warden!!!!" ... after listening to about ten minutes of threats, he finally let me explain and I apologized for not coming to tell him about it ... I don't think he believed my story and I haven't heard from him or seen him since ... he even called my brother who is a good friend of his and my brother told him the same story I told him ... I really need to go apologize ... again ...  in person but just haven't done it ... :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 10/3/2018 at 1:53 PM, KirtFalcon said:

I have a really nice I count 12 pointer I have seen on my place that I have never gotten on camera.  I have only seen him twice and nowhere near any of my feeders/cameras.  He is well over 20" inside spread and has a really tall rack.    I killed a really nice 10 pointer two years ago that scores 161.  This buck makes that 10 pointer look small ... I have guess I need to buy some more cameras and just try to catch him crossing somewhere ... 

My friend took this one in 2017 on his farm near Logansport, LA. He tracked it for 4 years and got one daytime picture of it. If I remember correctly it green-scored 202 1/2 B&C. Nighttime pictures of it from 2016 show that he lost antler mass from ‘16 to ‘17. My friend is pretty confident that he would have been a state record if he had gotten him in ‘16. He hunted his farm for 2 years and let numerous trophies walk, and would not fire a shot until old “Big Boy”, as he and his son started calling him finally walked out in front of him. 

C086A901-0C36-4E68-9C7E-6BCFE059EBB1.jpeg

5 hours ago, SloppyJoe said:

^ Sweet bajeezers that's alot to eat!

Yeah my friend is as diehard a deer hunter as I’ve ever known. He got pictures of him prior to the ‘16 season, and when he first saw them, his exact words were “Oh my God!” so loud he scared his wife. She looked at his computer and said “Well I won’t be seeing you for 3 months.” He and his son manage their farm relentlessly, constantly reviewing pictures to target which bucks they want to cull and which ones they want to let walk and give them a year to grow. When they first spotted this one in ‘14, his rack was average size and had two sets of crab claws on each side. They put him on their cull list because they didn’t want more bucks with crab claws. He was pretty average again in ‘15, then just absolutely blew up in ‘16. Over those four years, he got one daytime picture of him. Bucks don’t get that old and that big by being stupid. 

13 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Yeah my friend is as diehard a deer hunter as I’ve ever known. He got pictures of him prior to the ‘16 season, and when he first saw them, his exact words were “Oh my God!” so loud he scared his wife. She looked at his computer and said “Well I won’t be seeing you for 3 months.” He and his son manage their farm relentlessly, constantly reviewing pictures to target which bucks they want to cull and which ones they want to let walk and give them a year to grow. When they first spotted this one in ‘14, his rack was average size and had two sets of crab claws on each side. They put him on their cull list because they didn’t want more bucks with crab claws. He was pretty average again in ‘15, then just absolutely blew up in ‘16. Over those four years, he got one daytime picture of him. Bucks don’t get that old and that big by being stupid. 

After i read this i noticed the animal does have nice antlers also! Really cool story.