Tyler Rose Bowl

cujoforlife

Rose City Rivalry   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

21 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

JT had a tougher opponent than Lee did Friday. 

But offense isn’t Lee’s problem. It’s defense.  But it seems JTs offense is struggling  

If JTs offense puts their defense in some bad situations... Lee can make them pay. 

But if JT can run it effectively... then it may boil down to the getting just enough stops Vs Lee  

I’m still optimistic. It’s hard to defend a passing game as good as Marshall displayed in week one. 

We had a very and I mean very watered down playbook because of our QB situation. When Wick went down in the 1 st Qtr. 60% of that playbook was gone. 

It forced our other kids to step up and our QB to grow up. I though considering all the negatives they played hard and did pretty well. 

So this JT game will solidify both of these schools ability’s, improvements, and outlook. 

The biggest improvement teams make is between week 1 and week 2.  

Because of the rivalry, both teams are going to improve this week, make some needed adjustments and bring it to this game 

18 minutes ago, GOLEE said:

I’m still optimistic. It’s hard to defend a passing game as good as Marshall displayed in week one. 

We had a very and I mean very watered down playbook because of our QB situation. When Wick went down in the 1 st Qtr. 60% of that playbook was gone. 

It forced our other kids to step up and our QB to grow up. I though considering all the negatives they played hard and did pretty well. 

So this JT game will solidify both of these schools ability’s, improvements, and outlook. 

The biggest improvement teams make is between week 1 and week 2.  

Because of the rivalry, both teams are going to improve this week, make some needed adjustments and bring it to this game 

Well if Twitter is any indication of how the head coaches are feeling, it may not go well for the CUJO this week.  Just saying! 

On 9/3/2018 at 4:36 PM, ETxFB299 said:

Well if Twitter is any indication of how the head coaches are feeling, it may not go well for the CUJO this week.  Just saying! 

On 9/3/2018 at 4:43 PM, cujoforlife said:

He is always going off on there. That’s nothing new

20 hours ago, cujo2016 said:

Insanity!

That's embarrassing. 

JT is too proud of a program to have someone having a meltdown on social media like that.  

-------

I'm tempted to go to this game Saturday..... but I'm probably just going to go to the WH/CH game instead since we got WH in district play.

Good luck to JT and Lee this season!

50 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

That's embarrassing. 

JT is too proud of a program to have someone having a meltdown on social media like that.  

-------

I'm tempted to go to this game Saturday..... but I'm probably just going to go to the WH/CH game instead since we got WH in district play.

Good luck to JT and Lee this season!

I mean is it really a meltdown?   Or is he just honestly fed up with his Alma mater?  He stated in an interview with Matt Stepp that he “decided to stay” until his daughter graduates. 

They are in the middle of building a new school for the high schools in Tyler and they usually have a winning program.  Ive seen times where he has literally argued with his players on twitter. I just can’t wrap my mind around why he’s so upset!?!??!! 

Outside of Longview, Gilmer, and Carthage, you would think that John Tyler would be a dream job for most head coaches.   

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

He played in a time when JT dominated district and in the playoffs.  

JT hasn't dominated in a while. Maybe that's why he's dissatisfied.  

I think it’s due to the fact these past two teams have not produced like the quarterfinal teams from 2009,2010 and the semifinal teams from 2011,2012,2014 and even the 2016 team that won district in its first year in 6A and went to the third round. I think we got use to those teams and still want that now. That’s back when it was given JT was gonna win district and have a great chance at going to state.. so yea..

It’s one game tho y’all remember geos  first start  vs Lufkin and he took those 16 sacks and jt lost pretty bad everybody jumped ship said season was over and I told y’all they would be ok and what they do go on a winning streak even tho that team lost to Mansfield legacy in first round they wasn’t even expected to get that far 

13 hours ago, ETxFB299 said:

Ive seen times where he has literally argued with his players on twitter. I just can’t wrap my mind around why he’s so upset!?!??!! 

That's just what I don't get. 

Why put that out there for the entire world to see? That is an inner conflict that should stay an inner conflict. But is what it is I guess. 

He's done this ever since twitter became a thing and has continued to do it. 

He'll be gone as soon as his daughter has graduated, or if the season continues like last season...sooner than that.

36 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Why put that out there for the entire world to see? That is an inner conflict that should stay an inner conflict. But is what it is I guess. 

He'll be gone as soon as his daughter has graduated, or if the season continues like last season...sooner than that.

Yea and we wonder why JT chokes late into the playoffs... should worried about the game plan how stop running on every first down to get negative yardage, and not a uniform combination lol. 

49 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I can't believe he's wasting time on Twitter when he could be wasting time on Smoaky.  :D 

• Like 1

That should be the team rule from day 1 from coach to kids.. is social media. It’s out there.... you don’t want kids discussing team business or talking about opponents, or anything athletic or school business that is negative, and coaches should lead that example. IMO

Rick is a solid coach in good standing, but eventually you start sending  a message that your not all in anymore.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I’ll have to agree .🤢

2 minutes ago, GOLEE said:

That should be the team rule from day 1 from coach to kids.. is social media. It’s out there.... you don’t want kids discussing team business or talking about opponents, or anything athletic or school business that is negative, and coaches should lead that example. IMO

Rick is a solid coach in good standing, but eventually you start sending  a message that your not all in anymore.  

I believe that.

On 9/3/2018 at 4:34 PM, cujoforlife said:

My best guess would be to ask johntylerfan. It looked like a very bad ankle sprain. 

Rick says he’ll go Friday night. 

Kinda like Wickware. Going and getting the job done are two different things. Those ankle sprains linger on forever. It’s worth a game time decision. But at some point you have to be smart and think about district. Hope both these kids play if their capable. 

It’s s big deal to play in this game for these Tyler kids.