Week 2: Timpson Bears @ Alto Yellowjackets - 9/07

StingEmALTO

Timpson Bears @ Alto Yellowjackets  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the preseason matchup of Timpson (1-0) at Alto (1-0)?

• Alto
    • Timpson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2018 at 12:30 AM

12 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I think Alto wins, but idk about it being a "rolling" victory like someone mentioned.  Timpson has one of the best RB's in 2a around here and some other nice pieces.  Plus Therwanger is one of the better small school coaches around.  Now, if they were sucking wind last week like some have said they may be dropping like flies Friday.  Been a lot of Timpson/Alto battles over the years and I can only think of a few that were blowouts.

I saw a lot of YAC (yards after contact) by Hemphill RBs against Timpson. The Bears better clean that up quick, because if they don’t put those Alto backs on the ground on first contact, they’re gonna hear a whole lot of tubas. 

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I saw a lot of YAC (yards after contact) by Hemphill RBs against Timpson. The Bears better clean that up quick, because if they don’t put those Alto backs on the ground on first contact, they’re gonna hear a whole lot of tubas. 

I’m not saying our backs are world beaters,  they will do the talking for me. Let’s just say big, fast, and physical, won’t be fun to tackle any of them. I believe Timpson will be ready, but it shouldn’t matter.

42 minutes ago, Alto44 said:

All I can say is we will see Friday night. I personally don’t remember all of the close games 90 fly is referring to, but everyone can have their own opinion. Just remember football is about the kids, not personal feelings about coaches and past coaches. This Alto team is better prepared, more physical, and in better shape than the past. The kid from Timpson is a good back, but I invite everyone out to see Alto’s new D. 

I guess I should rephrase it as blowouts by Alto standards.  2000-2006 was what first popped into my mind with all those games being around 20 points or so difference at the most.  Last 3 games haven't been close.  Been 6 years since either played.  Maybe I was just thinking back in the 90's they were one of the more competitive teams Alto played yearly out of the likes of Joequin, Shelbyville, Beckville, ect. in those days.  Not sure about the personal feelings stuff.  I want to see Alto win like everyone else.  Maybe I'm giving Timpson to much credit for going 4 rounds deep last year?

20 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I guess I should rephrase it as blowouts by Alto standards.  2000-2006 was what first popped into my mind with all those games being around 20 points or so difference at the most.  Last 3 games haven't been close.  Been 6 years since either played.  Maybe I was just thinking back in the 90's they were one of the more competitive teams Alto played yearly out of the likes of Joequin, Shelbyville, Beckville, ect. in those days.  Not sure about the personal feelings stuff.  I want to see Alto win like everyone else.  Maybe I'm giving Timpson to much credit for going 4 rounds deep last year?

They beat us in 04, 05 I believe. 06 was 60 something 0 Alto and I think like 09 or 10, we won 70 something to like 20. I know they have a good back, and I’m sure we have planned for him. If we don’t turn it over a lot, I think we will roll. If that dude above is right about the yards after contact Hemphill RB got, then bless them. Have you ever seen a FRESH Thacker against a worn out defense? Let me tell ya, it’s a beautiful thing lol

3 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

They beat us in 04, 05 I believe. 06 was 60 something 0 Alto and I think like 09 or 10, we won 70 something to like 20. I know they have a good back, and I’m sure we have planned for him. If we don’t turn it over a lot, I think we will roll. If that dude above is right about the yards after contact Hemphill RB got, then bless them. Have you ever seen a FRESH Thacker against a worn out defense? Let me tell ya, it’s a beautiful thing lol

Decided to look it up! Since 1929, Alto leads the series 28-15-1. (10 of those Timpson wins came before 1980!)  (http://lsfn.net/team.asp?T=835&B=1663&REC=28-15-1&S=)

Most recently:

2011: Alto 41 - Timpson 0

2010: Alto 70 - Timpson 28

2007: Alto 67 - Timpson 0

2006: Alto 34 - Timpson 7

2005: Alto 20 - Timpson 16

2004: Timpson 14 - Alto 7

2003: Timpson 25 - Alto 0

From 1980 to 2002 Alto won all of the games except for 3: 1981, 1982, and 1992.

We have played regularly over the years and  been in the same district 23 times. After a 6 year hiatus it’s about time we have them back on the schedule! 👍

7 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Decided to look it up! Since 1929, Alto leads the series 28-15-1. (10 of those Timpson wins came before 1980!)  (http://lsfn.net/team.asp?T=835&B=1663&REC=28-15-1&S=)

Most recently:

2011: Alto 41 - Timpson 0

2010: Alto 70 - Timpson 28

2007: Alto 67 - Timpson 0

2006: Alto 34 - Timpson 7

2005: Alto 20 - Timpson 16

2004: Timpson 14 - Alto 7

2003: Timpson 25 - Alto 0

From 1980 to 2002 Alto won all of the games except for 3: 1981, 1982, and 1992.

We have played regularly over the years and  been in the same district 23 times. After a 6 year hiatus it’s about time we have them back on the schedule! 👍

I was close lol. Ol memory ain’t what it used to be 😂

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:35 PM, Doomer said:

Is there much difference in a Hornet and a Yellerjacket?

Now that depends, Doomy ... them Alto yellerjackets are the real deal ... unlike them orange yellerjackets up north around some field called Elysian ... them are some sick yellerjackets over yonder ... I was in the woods once and came across a Honey Bear tryina git some honey out of a log full of yellerjackets he thought they was honey bees .... well I can tell you that didn't go too well ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
  • LOL! 2

1 hour ago, Alto44 said:

Just heard one of our best players is out until at least district. This could change a few things!!! If you can’t follow the rules, you don’t get to play, or deserve to play. I support the coaches decision 100%.

That’s too bad. Good to see dicipline back in the program.

8 minutes ago, Juiced07 said:

That’s too bad. Good to see dicipline back in the program.

Yeah, it’s a shame things have gotten to this point, but it could change some young men’s lives. Coaching isn’t just winning games, it’s molding young men and women into better individuals, seems like we are heading in the right direction.

6 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Listening to all the Alto homers losing one player shouldn’t matter....Y’all have a stable of backs and linemen and LB and DB......just saying......

This really ain’t about what our W’s and L’s are going to be, or anything like that. We have plenty of kids that can and will step up on the field. This is a matter of life choices. Developing into a responsible, productive man. Football plays a part in that. However, it’s disheartening to say the least, to see someone with undeniable talent fail to recognize what the lord has blessed them with and play roulette with it, for lack of a better term. Forget the game, we got kids that are all in and are still working their tails off. This team isn’t built around one kid and as bad as this sounds, if we lose one, unfortunately it should be due to injury and not bad decisions. The punishment should be swift and severe. Our coach has a set of standards that are non negotiable, and I know he’ll appropriate the necessary sanctions. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

This really ain’t about what our W’s and L’s are going to be, or anything like that. We have plenty of kids that can and will step up on the field. This is a matter of life choices. Developing into a responsible, productive man. Football plays a part in that. However, it’s disheartening to say the least, to see someone with undeniable talent fail to recognize what the lord has blessed them with and play roulette with it for lack of a better term. Forget the game, we got kids that are all in and are still working their tails off. This team isn’t built around one kid. But as bad as this sounds, if we lose one, unfortunately it should be due to injury and not bad decisions. The punishment should be swift and severe. Our coach has a set of standards that are non negotiable, and I know he’ll  appropriate the necessary sanctions. 

Good for coach. Wish all the best for the young man.

• Like 1

Alto is fine, just a little hiccup. bet we don’t miss a beat Friday night...if High can match or come close to his numbers from Westwood and minimize the turnovers it may be a barn burner like the last 2 times these teams played! Normally I wouldn’t give my prediction til Friday but I’m goin

Alto 55

Timpson 7

8 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

This really ain’t about what our W’s and L’s are going to be, or anything like that. We have plenty of kids that can and will step up on the field. This is a matter of life choices. Developing into a responsible, productive man. Football plays a part in that. However, it’s disheartening to say the least, to see someone with undeniable talent fail to recognize what the lord has blessed them with and play roulette with it, for lack of a better term. Forget the game, we got kids that are all in and are still working their tails off. This team isn’t built around one kid and as bad as this sounds, if we lose one, unfortunately it should be due to injury and not bad decisions. The punishment should be swift and severe. Our coach has a set of standards that are non negotiable, and I know he’ll appropriate the necessary sanctions. 

Well said!

26 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

Alto is fine, just a little hiccup. bet we don’t miss a beat Friday night...if High can match or come close to his numbers from Westwood and minimize the turnovers it may be a barn burner like the last 2 times these teams played! Normally I wouldn’t give my prediction til Friday but I’m goin

Alto 55

Timpson 7

Nice new profile pic! 👍

I like that score a lot! Not sure how likely it is, but hope you’re right! If our defense can limit them to a TD, I will consider that a huge victory. I’m ready for a shut-out!!...like those Jacket defenses we have been used to over the years!