Week 2: Timpson Bears @ Alto Yellowjackets - 9/07

StingEmALTO

Timpson Bears @ Alto Yellowjackets  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the preseason matchup of Timpson (1-0) at Alto (1-0)?

• Alto
    • Timpson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2018 at 12:30 AM

30 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

So, did rain and delays slow yalls roll last night? Really figured yall would come out Tha blocks in track meet fashion.. Asking for a friend.. Lol 

Yes, we had a lightening delay that lasted at least 30 minutes. I think that helped Timpson get fresh again! Honestly Timpson is a good team and they are going to win lots of games this season, BUT we wore them down in the third quarter. You could tell. We had them on their heals and they were dragging. Our boys were pretty dominant in the second half only allowing one TD at the very end and that was against our twos on a long pass play that burned us.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: our guys are in phenomenal shape, especially for this time of year. Coach Meeks is the conditioning king. 

12 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

So, did rain and delays slow yalls roll last night? Really figured yall would come out Tha blocks in track meet fashion.. Asking for a friend.. Lol 

Not really man. We’ve had trouble so far starting fast and keeping it fast in the 1st half. Have blown the doors off after halftime in both games. Still have a few things to clean up. If we ever put two halves together though, look out!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StingEmALTO said:

Yes, we had a lightening delay that lasted at least 30 minutes. I think that helped Timpson get fresh again! Honestly Timpson is a good team and they are going to win lots of games this season, BUT we wore them down in the third quarter. You could tell. We had them on their heals and they were dragging. Our boys were pretty dominant in the second half only allowing one TD at the very end and that was against our twos on a long pass play that burned us  

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: our guys are in phenomenal shape, especially for this time of year. Coach Meeks is the conditioning king. 

Phenomenal shape!

• Like 1

38-7 2nd half

thru 2 games

1st half Alto has been out scored 34-21

2nd half Alto has out scored 78-21

did make progress with turnovers 7 first game and just 3 last night and they were all in first half.....last year we seen ZERO half time adjustments....we are definitely headed in the right direction....

1 hour ago, Cherokee603 said:

38-7 2nd half

thru 2 games

1st half Alto has been out scored 34-21

2nd half Alto has out scored 78-21

did make progress with turnovers 7 first game and just 3 last night and they were all in first half.....last year we seen ZERO half time adjustments....we are definitely headed in the right direction....

Yeah penalties and turnovers decreased. You can attribute one Timpson TD to a penalty that would’ve gotten our defense off the field. We will be much better by district! And how bout those backs!!!? All 3 scored! Loaded!

3 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Not really man. We’ve had trouble so far starting fast and keeping it fast in the 1st half. Have blown the doors off after halftime in both games. Still have a few things to clean up. If we ever put two halves together though, look out!!!!

Yeah, don't think Carlisle has scored over 14 in the first half of either game this year.. But seem to find the cracks in opponent's defense late in the third. May be conditioning or shock that opponents seem to realize we still coming and they can't seem to shut us all the way down. Our skills guys were cramping bad in the mid third, but could still find breakaway gear when needed.. They better leave them sodawaters alone.. Lol