Week 2: Timpson Bears @ Alto Yellowjackets - 9/07

StingEmALTO

Timpson Bears @ Alto Yellowjackets  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the preseason matchup of Timpson (1-0) at Alto (1-0)?

• Alto
    • Timpson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2018 at 12:30 AM

11 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Yeah, don't think Carlisle has scored over 14 in the first half of either game this year.. But seem to find the cracks in opponent's defense late in the third. May be conditioning or shock that opponents seem to realize we still coming and they can't seem to shut us all the way down. Our skills guys were cramping bad in the mid third, but could still find breakaway gear when needed.. They better leave them sodawaters alone.. Lol 

Yeah y’all better get on top of those cramps chain! We aren’t cramping over here! Ain’t seen one yet! Well, 1 JV kid who missed 2-a-days cramped once in the 1st game lol. That’s the same for us though with the late starts. I’ll tell ya though, I need to figure out what they’re giving us in that locker room at halftime! Lol. Our defense seemed to get stronger and stronger in the second half. Until sacks were just coming at will late in the 3rd and all through the 4th. Seemed like once we put Osby out mid way thru the 4th, Timpson was done and didn’t wanna play football anymore. 

7 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Yeah y’all better get on top of those cramps chain! We aren’t cramping over here! Ain’t seen one yet! Well, 1 JV kid who missed 2-a-days cramped once in the 1st game lol. That’s the same for us though with the late starts. I’ll tell ya though, I need to figure out what they’re giving us in that locker room at halftime! Lol. Our defense seemed to get stronger and stronger in the second half. Until sacks were just coming at will late in the 3rd and all through the 4th. Seemed like once we put Osby out mid way thru the 4th, Timpson was done and didn’t wanna play football anymore. 

Thinking that when Temps /humidity drops below 95 at kickoff, the cramps will stop.. It was raining and I was sweating, could imagine how an athlete with full gear on was feeling.. Js 

34 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Meanwhile, ol Corrigan Camden had a good outing last night. Absolutely adopting Centerville as their children and prolly making them say daddy in the process. Looking forward to seeing them in a few weeks.

Centerville down.  Don't have the big backs they're used to having.

1 hour ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

I told y’all  last week that Timpaon was gassed in the third quarter! Looks like they may have been gassed once againLooks like they may have been gassed once again

2 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

They gave up once Osby went down.  That may have been their season.

16 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

He started limping after his first big run in 1st quarter.  The way his leg looked in the 4th didnt look good.

Couldn’t believe he was still going with around 5:00 left in the game being that far behind in a non-district contest AND limping.  I wish the kid well and hope he can go full strength for district.  Great player! 

Timpson was better than I expected, the Qb could throw and run well. We really didn’t play good in the first half again, but we seem to get better and stronger in the second half. I think the coaches know we can pretty much run when we need to, and are working on our passing game more in the first half. Our passing game still needs a lot of work, but it should start to come around with more experience for the Qb. The defense is giving up a lot of points, but we look really good.