Cowboys @ Carolina

Cowboys Week 1  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Dallas Cowboys
    • Carolina Panthers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/2018 at 11:50 PM

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

I’m going Cowboys. Cam Newton has a beat up o-line. If Gregory is activated or even if he’s not, Dallas pass rush is gonna be too much for Cam to handle. Dallas 24- Panthers 17

With all the cuts happening today, I’m changing my pick to Carolina. Dallas shoulda kept Bailey.

Of course I'm taking Dallas in this one. If Vander Esch can go he really gives us some added depth at linebacker. I really like our corners! Chido and B. Jones are going to have a hayday playing there for us. I have to worry about if Woods and Frazier will be up to par the first game or two. Now let's hope that Joe Looney can hold secure the center position. Frederick was the leader and called the assignments on the line. I think this position will be the most important one for us on offense.

• Like 1

Well I watched all of maybe 10 plays in the preseason   So I have no idea what to expect   Just looking on paper I am a little concerned about wide receiver   I probably would have taken one in the draft instead of the linebacker but we will see what happens.  I also would have offered Seattle that second round pick back in the summer this defense may have even been better right now with Thomas   I’m actually going to miss most of the game may get to hear a little of it on the radio   Pulling for the Cowboys but not making a prediction  

Less than two months after being reinstated by the NFL, Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory may be facing yet another suspension for a violation of the league’s substance-abuse policy, as Adam Schefter of ESPN.com reports. Schefter says that Gregory suffered a relapse in August, and while he will play in his first regular-season game since 2016 today, his return to the NFL could be short-lived.

On 9/1/2018 at 4:38 PM, Doomer said:

Now the Cowboys can play the starters. They should dominate from the first whistle.

Ole' Red had a big smile on his when the boys' ran out on the field.  That means the boys' are running the table and kirtfalcon will be a believer yet!

• Thanks 1

Never guessed the Cowboys wouldn't cross the midfield stripe by halftime. Red should be able to adjust during the intermission and fix this mess. It's a little embarrassing but Dallas should still be able to dominate and save face. Hope the other opponents don't watch this bull and get their hopes up.

Geesh!!! The Dallas O looks terrible. And playcalling has been pretty vanilla. Haven't even crossed midfield in the first half. 

The Dallas D hasn't looked too bad. They need to be more disciplined on their edge assignments when it comes to Cam running.

• Like 1

Welp...that was terrible!!! 

Vanilla offense...no momentum. Conner Williams looked like the rookie he is. I don't recall any deep balls throw, just short to intermediate passes. Had terrible field position most of the game. 

The D looked pretty good imo. 

Better work on A LOT of stuff on O this next week of practice or it's going to get ugly real quick. 

Dallas looked like doo dah today.  I'm still giving them a 5 game window to adjust if they're 0-5 to open the season I'm calling for Red's head.  I knew this receiving corps was going to be the worst in the league, and they're proving it.  There is not a proven #1 or #2 on the team.  They should have drafted two receivers.  They are not going to have a running game without receivers to take the heat off Zeke.  It's still early in the season, but I'll have more to say in 4 weeks.  It was a terrible game, but the Defense wasn't that bad.  The game was winnable, but the offense didn't have any firepower.  

11 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Dallas looked like doo dah today.  I'm still giving them a 5 game window to adjust if they're 0-5 to open the season I'm calling for Red's head.  I knew this receiving corps was going to be the worst in the league, and they're proving it.  There is not a proven #1 or #2 on the team.  They should have drafted two receivers.  They are not going to have a running game without receivers to take the heat off Zeke.  It's still early in the season, but I'll have more to say in 4 weeks.  It was a terrible game, but the Defense wasn't that bad.  The game was winnable, but the offense didn't have any firepower.  

I’m with you on the receiver situation.  Not sure what they can do to improve other than bury the hatchet and bring back Dez or I bet TO would come back

I bet Tom Brady and the patriots could take these receivers and win the Super Bowl 

30 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

I’m with you on the receiver situation.  Not sure what they can do to improve other than bury the hatchet and bring back Dez or I bet TO would come back

I bet Tom Brady and the patriots could take these receivers and win the Super Bowl 

Dak was throwing a lot of errant passes today, and I thought the Texans might have had a shot today against the Patties, but they fell short.  New England really has never had great receivers except for a few, but they were standout receivers.  Tom even at his age seems to take care of business even with lesser caliber players.  He's still the GOAT in my opinion.  I don't think they have a shot to make it to the Super Bowl this year, but if they do, and anyone says he's not, they hate him so much to be that kind of a fool.  

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

No surprise. I stand by my prediction of an 8-8 season. Cowboys have been a .500 team for 20+ years. They are a .500 franchise. Garrett is a .500 coach. They have .500 talent. It is what it is.

I agree ... Dak hesitates too long before he starts to move out of the pocket and he just isn't a very mobile QB .... they hardly ever throw the ball down the field .... dink and dunk predictable vanilla offense .... Beasley can't do it all for them ... they need a big play WR that can get open .... and NO, it wasn't Dez!!! .....

• Thanks 1