Cowboys @ Carolina

Cowboys Week 1  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Dallas Cowboys
    • Carolina Panthers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/2018 at 11:50 PM

Aaron Rodgers is a better player on one leg than any player on the entire Dallas team! Dallas is the most overrated and overhyped team in the league. 8 points total? Horrible coaching and a GM that has no clue how to put together a team that wins! 22 years and counting without even being close to going to a Super Bowl!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Off topic, but the Bears defense look unbelievably tough .... they are woodshedding the Packers at Lambeau Field ...

Packers came out of that woodshed victorious. Green Bay wins 24-23, after being down 20-0.

Defense looks to be ok.  I was worried about the offense before the game ever started   Not having that go to receiver, losing Witten, not having Fredrick and I’m afraid Dak was a one year wonder. All that other about the GM and coach is old news.  None of that will ever change until Jerry Jones passes away 

11 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Are you guys sure that Dak is a good QB?

I’m not.

No. He's wildy inaccurate. It doesn't help that offense is putrid and has zero creativity. The whole story during the offense was that the offense would be Dak friendly, but it actually looked worse. The offensive staff need to go. Linehan is awful and his hand picked QB Coach, Moore is awful. They had all offseason to prepare for this team, and they had nothing to show for it. Still ran right at 8 man boxes like they did last year, except this year their OL isn't the same. 

Dak isn't great, but if the scheme fit him he wouldn't be as bad. 

15 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

No surprise. I stand by my prediction of an 8-8 season. Cowboys have been a .500 team for 20+ years. They are a .500 franchise. Garrett is a .500 coach. They have .500 talent. It is what it is.

Hang on there a second Hoss. Red and the boys stumbled a hair out the gate but for all we know Cowboys is a 15-1 Superbowl team.

• LOL! 2

The entire Cowboys offensive scheme seems like a predictable dunk and dunk "play it safe" boring circus.  It reminds me of mindless back and forth soccer. They don't even try to attack defenses. Other than Elliott, I would scrap the entire mess, including  the offensive coordinator...

• Stinks 1

22 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Are you guys sure that Dak is a good QB?

I’m not.

He did have some bad passes in the game, especially when we needed first downs.  That happens with all quarterbacks.  I think a lot of it has to do with the receivers he has.  He didn't throw an interception which is a good thing.  It is a vanilla passing game, because I've seen him throw a bomb on target, but you have to have a receiver that has the speed to get open.  We don't have that in any of our receivers.  Michael Gallup is supposed to be a deep threat, but only one catch for 9 yards ?  I know rookie receivers usually have a tough freshman year in the NFL, but we've seen some that have had solid years in the past.  He's also had only one solid year while in college to prove himself.  I don't think he's the answer, but time will tell. I think Jerry and the staff were stupid for not taking a wide receiver higher.  I don't know if Dez was right that Dak was tipping off routes with his hand signals, but I'm sure he would know.  There's no way he's coming back to Dallas, both on his and Jerry's part.  Both of them have too big of egos to patch things up, and Jerry would have to give him money he's not worth.  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dez-bryant-weighs-in-on-cowboys-loss-says-hed-love-to-play-for-the-patriots-or-redskins/  .  I don't see anything out there right now that can help.  It's just one game, so we'll see what adjustments are made.  

7 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

He did have some bad passes in the game, especially when we needed first downs.  That happens with all quarterbacks.  I think a lot of it has to do with the receivers he has.  He didn't throw an interception which is a good thing.  It is a vanilla passing game, because I've seen him throw a bomb on target, but you have to have a receiver that has the speed to get open.  We don't have that in any of our receivers.  Michael Gallup is supposed to be a deep threat, but only one catch for 9 yards ?  I know rookie receivers usually have a tough freshman year in the NFL, but we've seen some that have had solid years in the past.  He's also had only one solid year while in college to prove himself.  I don't think he's the answer, but time will tell. I think Jerry and the staff were stupid for not taking a wide receiver higher.  I don't know if Dez was right that Dak was tipping off routes with his hand signals, but I'm sure he would know.  There's no way he's coming back to Dallas, both on his and Jerry's part.  Both of them have too big of egos to patch things up, and Jerry would have to give him money he's not worth.  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dez-bryant-weighs-in-on-cowboys-loss-says-hed-love-to-play-for-the-patriots-or-redskins/  .  I don't see anything out there right now that can help.  It's just one game, so we'll see what adjustments are made.  

Dez can't get open either ... if he was still with the Cowboys, he would only compound their problems ... the team is loaded with mediocre talent, other than Elliott and a few studs on defense ... and they also have a mediocre coaching staff and a knucklehead owner .... 

Edited by KirtFalcon

27 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Dez can't get open either ... if he was still with the Cowboys, he would only compound their problems ... the team is loaded with mediocre talent, other than Elliott and a few studs on defense ... and they also have a mediocre coaching staff and a knucklehead owner .... 

Dez would be better than any receiver that was on the field yesterday.  Beasley is it, and he's a #3 receiver at best for maybe third downs.  He's a Kelvin Martin or Kevin Williams at best, but he has to have some big time receivers to produce.  We lost our #1 and #2 receivers last year, and they have not been replaced.  

I thought Terrence Williams was suppose to be a top receiver when they drafted him .... they hardly ever even look his way .... what did he catch one or two passes yesterday? .... my question is what are they going to do when it's time to resign Prescott?  .... are they going to give him a high dollar multi-year contract or look for another "bargain" in an upcoming draft?  .... my guess is Jerruh goes the cheap route ... again ... 

Edited by KirtFalcon

12 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I thought Terrence Williams was suppose to be a top receiver when they drafted him .... they hardly ever even look his way .... what did he catch one or two passes yesterday? .... my question is what are they going to do when it's time to resign Prescott?  .... are they going to give him a high dollar multi-year contract or look for another "bargain" in an upcoming draft?  .... my guess is Jerruh goes the cheap route ... again ... 

might as well go the cheap route. not sure Dak is the answer

22 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

There's no way you can pay him starting quarterback money in  2020, if he keeps having these stats.   I know the years early, and maybe they can get on track, but right now I'm thinking maybe $16-19 million.  Right now, he's the 65th highest paid NFL quarterback just above Mike White his backup by $46,000.  https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/ .  He still has another year left on his contract, and I can't see offering him an extension right now.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

There's no way you can pay him starting quarterback money in  2020, if he keeps having these stats.   I know the years early, and maybe they can get on track, but right now I'm thinking maybe $16-19 million.  Right now, he's the 65th highest paid NFL quarterback just above Mike White his backup by $46,000.  https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/ .  He still has another year left on his contract, and I can't see offering him an extension right now.  

I really have my doubts Prescott is going to develop into anything more than a game manager QB..  You might get by with that at QB if you have some explosive game changing talent around him, but what I see other than Elliott is a lot of average at best talent .... the Cowboys need a couple of "blue chip" game changers like Julio Jones or Antonio Brown ... you don't get those trading down in the draft or waiting to take them in the later rounds ... you have one shot at them and if you don't take them, you end up playing against them ... 

10 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I really have my doubts Prescott is going to develop into anything more than a game manager QB..  You might get by with that at QB if you have some explosive game changing talent around him, but what I see other than Elliott is a lot of average at best talent .... the Cowboys need a couple of "blue chip" game changers like Julio Jones or Antonio Brown ... you don't get those trading down in the draft or waiting to take them in the later rounds ... you have one shot at them and if you don't take them, you end up playing against them ... 

In other words you don’t get those explosive type players going the cheap route. 

They had a chance to take DJ Moore or Ridley and passed.  Still too early to tell what kind of players they are going to be but they do have a high upside  and were two of the best at their position in the draft 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

The thing is with the receivers we have he has to be a game manager at the present time.  We don't know what Michael Gallup is going to do or develop into.  I think we had a shot in the first round, but Jerry didn't pull the trigger, instead we drafted a linebacker that did have 3 tackles in Sundays game.  Who knows Dez could be back :  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dez-bryant-went-to-a-beyonce-and-jay-z-concert-with-jerry-jones-at-at-t-stadium/  .  He's better than anything we have.  

12 hours ago, ClawNAntler said:

In other words you don’t get those explosive type players going the cheap route. 

They had a chance to take DJ Moore or Ridley and passed.  Still too early to tell what kind of players they are going to be but they do have a high upside  and were two of the best at their position in the draft 

Even Courtland Sutton was available he had 2 catches for 45 yards for the Broncos.  I would have traded our 2nd and third round pick to move up to the 1st pick of the 2nd round for him.  He was projected to be a 1st round pick, and he has skills, speed, and size to make it in the NFL.  We needed two quick, and we don't know how Connor Williams is going to be.  

• Like 1