North Lamar @ Mount Pleasant

Triton

Who ya got?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

The Tigers roll into to week 2 looking for another big win.  MP really took over the second half against Wylie East last week.  The Tigers found a way to slow down an impressive offensive attack with a turnover and couple of key stops.  North Lamar will struggle to deal with the speed of the Tigers this week.  The Tiger offense never really struggled and displayed an explosive ground and air attack.  Safe travels to our friends to the north.  Hoping for an injury free week two for the Tigers.  

I was very pleased with the defense the second half against WE. First half did have me a little concerned. MP seemed pretty diverse offensively and having some speed never hurts either. Is North Lamar still a run based offense? Seemed like they were a wing T/slot T offense last year??

North Lamar is a run attack team.  They have a big back in the backfield, but the QB makes more things happen.  Expect to see a lot of zone stuff with the QB keeping most of the time.  They don't pass much at all.  I expect MP to stack the box and play heavy run defense. The Tigers will beat the Panthers with ease.  North Lamar just does not have the speed needed to catch the Tigers.  MP hits hard this year so I don't expect the Panthers to hold up long against the MP defense.  Watch for the Williams kid form MP to lower a shoulder at the second level and leave Panthers laying all over Sam Parker.

Also tonight, they are finally inducting Chris Campbell into the Tiger Hall of Fame along with Chaun Thompson and Coach Marc McDaniel. 

Chris was a special player. He went on to be a Linebacker for the Miami Hurricanes and was killed in a car accident.

Chaun ended up playing for 2 NFL teams in his career, Browns and Texans.

McDaniel led the Tigers to 11 straight playoffs, including 2 semifinals appearances in 95 and 97.

• Like 1