Ore City Rebels (1-0) at Joaquin Rams (1-0)

trueblue82

The Rebels are coming off of a 30-14 win over Maud. The Rams get to play at home after a long road trip and a 42-0 pounding of Deweyville. The Rebels run the spread now, which should test our defense. However, Coach Blankenship is an old Slot-T guy, so I expect him to have a good defensive game plan for us. Should be an exciting matchup. Looking forward to the pregame tailgate party. I just need to go shoot something to cook. 

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

The Rebels are coming off of a 30-14 win over Maud. The Rams get to play at home after a long road trip and a 42-0 pounding of Deweyville. The Rebels run the spread now, which should test our defense. However, Coach Blankenship is an old Slot-T guy, so I expect him to have a good defensive game plan for us. Should be an exciting matchup. Looking forward to the pregame tailgate party. I just need to go shoot something to cook. 

Well dove season opened today.. Lol 

Watchn a little film on OC and they like to rely on the forward pass alot. Sounds a little wierd to say this but Rams match up with pass pretty good the past couple years. We have some dudes that have experience on the back end and some speed to go get the ball. We've had int's in each game this year. Will be completely different task than this past week against D'Ville. Going with the boys in blue to bend but dont break this week. 

8 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Blue, can you put a poll in Carlisle /Troup thread please? 

OC has two tall, athletic WRs that they like to throw the fade to. Maud was not very successful in getting pressure on the QB. As with any passing team, the key to this one will be getting to the QB. We also need to get a lot smoother in executing our offense. I like the idea of forcing OC to play from behind. 

On 9/5/2018 at 9:26 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

I’m not bad mouthing Ore City or the vast majority of their boys, but man they got a couple that love to yap their gums. Not calling anyone out. They may have graduated. Boy did they like to talk smack. Only rivaled by New Diana in that department. 

Hey!!!....Wait...yea. We've (ND) got a few (but one in particular) that likes to flap their gums. Its frustrating & disappointing. Started to try and defend them...but can't, lol. 

I blame coaches for all that. On any team. 

2 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Don't overlook OC. They're scrappy. 

I'm picking the Rebels in this one. ("Homer" vote). 

I don’t think this is gonna be a cakewalk by any stretch of the imagination. Looks like Coach B has got those boys playing hard and executing well. But I’m still rolling with the RAMS. 

• Like 1