Ore City Rebels (1-0) at Joaquin Rams (1-0)

trueblue82

16 minutes ago, Lambo said:

Rams looked good! Need to clean up the penalties and bone head mistakes!

The targeting flag in the first half was a TERRIBLE call. I’m not crazy about the rule to start with, but it’s my opinion that at the high school level, where instant replay is not available to overturn a bad call, it should only be called in blatant instances. Our LB led with his shoulder while making a tackle on a RB at the LINE OF SCRIMMAGE. There was no helmet-to-helmet, and the RB was anything but defenseless. I know the officials have a tough job, but this needlessly took a good kid out of the game. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

The targeting flag in the first half was a TERRIBLE call. I’m not crazy about the rule to start with, but it’s my opinion that at the high school level, where instant replay is not available to overturn a bad call, it should only be called in blatant instances. Our LB led with his shoulder while making a tackle on a RB at the LINE OF SCRIMMAGE. There was no helmet-to-helmet, and the RB was anything but defenseless. I know the officials have a tough job, but this needlessly took a good kid out of the game. 

Agreed!

27 minutes ago, ramsn03 said:

Defense looked good, many of them impressed me, but 2 stood out, Boogie, and Blake, he's going to be a terror for next 2+ years

Boogie is turning into a game changer on defense. Tre Burns had a great game as well. I am really impressed with what Coach Jones has done with our defense.