Carthage @ Liberty Eylau

HearEmaGrowlin

28 minutes ago, WiseGuy said:

no... Carthage this week...still have La Vega and Argyle also. However, Ark does have a very talented D Line

I’d say comparing Carthage, Argyle and La Vega defenses would be like comparing a steak from Del Friscos, Three Forks & Bob’s Steak & Chop House.  They will all be good!

33 minutes ago, LibertyEylau92 said:

I think we will only be as good as our O-line takes us that being said whew... idk about this one 

Carthage front 4 is better this year than 2016 or 2017.  We have 2-3 Soph & Jr’s that rotate in with the starters giving us depth.  We have beef and we also have athletes in that group.  They will be tough to run on this year and they are only going to get better.  Only one Sr in the group of seven and he didn’t play last week.

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Hypothetically speaking, could Carthage keep up with Longview for a half? Serious question. 

We will see soon.  Marshall plays Longview this week, Carthage plays Marshall next week.  Assuming both games are close we will know if Carthage could at least step on the same field and hang for a half or so with the Lobos.  We will also see how much depth & talent Carthage really has next week against Marshall.

32 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Not overlooking LE, but with a two hour drive and 80% chance of rain Fri night I think I’m going to listen to that one in the radio.  I’ll be at Marshall rain or shine.

Drive the speed limit, hour and forty minutes......Push the speed limit a little and you can make it in 90 minutes ——-football stadium to football stadium. 

10 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

I wonder how it would of played out.Carthage from last years vs PG from last years if they were playing hmmmm who would of won even if it was for a State.

PG....easy. They took out everybody...took out some WoS team that had this little record and a "winning tradition" that couldn't be broke...they would have stomped Carthage last year.

• LOL! 1

12 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Hypothetically speaking, could Carthage keep up with Longview for a half? Serious question. 

Yes.

Carthage has had four better quarterbacks than Longview’s King is, and Lobo fans think he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread. He’s ok, but Si Blackshire, Anthony Morgan, Bogie and now Capps are all way better than King.

Dwight Smith and Keaontay Ingram are way better running backs than Longview has had in 20 years. The receiver they’re so worked up on #11, Carthage had three better than he is on last year’s undefeated team.

Before the season the picture of one of our OL standing next to arguably the greatest Lobo of all time circulated SDC. He’s massive and made Trent Williams look small, but Carthage can’t possibly produce athletes like Longview......

Our coaches are better, especially the head coach. 

Longview boys can scream depth all they want, but you only put 11 on the field at a time and Carthage has very few two way players. It’s not like our starters are gassed, because they start on offense and defense. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

but Carthage can’t possibly produce athletes like Longview......

No one has ever said that. Not even close.

It's a debate not even worth debating. Carthage and Longview are not facing each other anytime soon, and whenever they have faced in the past Longview has won 5 of the 6 with the other being a 0-0 tie.

Carthage fans will, for the most part, believe their team can beat us. While Longview fans will believe the opposite.

It's the same debate we had with Gilmer fans back in the late 2000s on here.