The Smoakhouse Forums

White Oak vs New Diana

White Oak vs New Diana  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Roughnecks
    • Eagles

2 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Actually used true pigskin for the football back then. Cheerleaders wore ankle high skirts. Had 5 offensive plays pitch left, pitch right, dive, misdirect left, misdirect right. They didn't actually event what we call the "pass" today, until some 15 years later when a guy fumbled the ball in the air moving forwards from behind the line of scrimmage and a guy caught it and turned it into a big gain. Ahhh the good ole days when Oak was good, the leather helmet era. On a serious note, when is the last time the Oak made it out of the region?

Come on bro you know when aTatum couldn’t get by Godley. We’ve been further than y’all if we re talking modern now. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to Smoaky.com, @Reppintheroughnecks. Enjoy your stay. On behalf of the rest of the mods and admins, let me extend to your our warm hospitality.

Posted Images

Most of our history comes from a time when it was what some would say a tougher time. When only 1 team went to the playoffs. Not 4 in a five team district with Huntington. Y’all were dominant briefly with one or two groups of guys. Not even comparable when considering we were for decades. Yea yea yea it was 100 years ago, but what has Tatum done of late? Not much id imagine. Oh y’all are rebuilding though I forgot. 

1 minute ago, Racer55 said:

Idk whatever fits the agenda. Gotta twist it sometimes. I do think we have been further than y’all the most recent.

Just a year or 2 before Godley beat us out and yall played for the region, we lost in the semi-final 21-7, then in the 4th round the year before.

3 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Idk whatever fits the agenda. Gotta twist it sometimes. I do think we have been further than y’all the most recent.

That year we were undefeated and lost to Gofley in the monsoon was the last time we played yall i think. We won 42-21, yall had Gale and McCurdy.

Just now, Eagle8 said:

That year we were undefeated and lost to Gofley in the monsoon was the last time we played yall i think. We won 42-21, yall had Gale and McCurdy.

Yes I was surprised Godley beat y’all cuz franklin beat them the next week and we shut Franklin out. I do believe we always have a hitch with y’all for some reason we can’t get over it. Y’all are I believe the only program with that many wins over us in a series. 

5 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Yes I was surprised Godley beat y’all cuz franklin beat them the next week and we shut Franklin out. I do believe we always have a hitch with y’all for some reason we can’t get over it. Y’all are I believe the only program with that many wins over us in a series. 

Was literally 30 degrees, pouring rain and 25 mph winds. Was raining sideways and freezing.  Horrible conditions, our finesse style was doomed, their run first game plan fed off of that weather

1 minute ago, Eagle8 said:

Was literally 30 degrees, pouring rain and 25 mph winds. Was raining sideways and freezing.  Horrible conditions, our finesse style was doomed, their run first game plan fed off of that weather

Yeah weather will do it. Our 1 and done to a 4th seed as DB says was due to weather. A loss is a loss though. 

5 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

You are right but nobody from ND was really talking, figured we would come on over and give the lone Oakster and his new pocket Chihuahua something to talk about lol. Hope ND beats WO by fiddy but it just aint gonna happen. Give me our district mate by a TD.

ND fan here. Present and accounted for. 

Whatchall wanna talk about? 

57 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

You know where I can get some fresh Zucchini?

Might wanna try the Farmers Market in Longview 😁

It's game day!!! 

Anybody know the sub-varsity scores from last night? 

I'm not able to make it to the game tonight. 

Somebody keep me posted on the score & game updates???

14 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

WO player injured now for about 10 minutes they haven’t moved him yet. Idk what they’re waiting for. Possibly ambulance?

Prayers for the young man and his family.

Congrats on the win Roughnecks!!