TENAHA @ LOVELADY 9/7

LLIONPRIDE

Tenaha comes to Lovelady this Friday and I guess we will see what kind of team we have. From what I’ve seen, Lovelady will have their hands full and then some. I’ve enjoyed the back and forth with Greezy over the past few years, maybe I’ll get a chance to meet him this week. Let’s hear it guys. Does Lovelady have a chance of making a game out of this one?

Tenaha better be ready. The past few years we have played the Lions and they will be well coached and their kids play hard. The Lions wont beat themselves and bring back some really good skilled positions back this year. I think this will be a great game. I am curious to see the identity of the Tenaha team this year. Can the Tigers get a win streak started for the new regime? I have to think on this one a little more before I make a pick

If a Tiger and a Lion mixed it up.......there would be a lot of flying fur. If they fought in a bamboo forest in China, advantage to the Bengal. If they fought in the Serengeti, advantage Lion. Too close to call without more info.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Doomer said:

If a Tiger and a Lion mixed it up.......there would be a lot of flying fur. If they fought in a bamboo forest in China, advantage to the Bengal. If they fought in the Serengeti, advantage Lion. Too close to call without more info.

Doomy, what about in a pine thicket in East Texas? Would any moonshine stills get destroyed? Think there’s any interference from wild hogs and timber rattlers? Anybody standing on the track throwing out tannerite? A lot of variables in that scenario. 

• LOL! 2

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Doomy, what about in a pine thicket in East Texas? Would any moonshine stills get destroyed? Think there’s any interference from wild hogs and timber rattlers? Anybody standing on the track throwing out tannerite? A lot of variables in that scenario. 

And rain... Don't forget the rain that may be coming from the gulf this week.. Hard to throw into a 40 mph wind from a tropical storm... Lol 

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Gotcha covered. Friday night, QB went 3/3, 66 yards and 2 TDs. It’s a start. 

Goin perfect in first game of the year, any coach would take that from his qb... Of course every coach gonna complain that if he'd hit him quicker he'd of scored on that last one too.. ... Lols 

3 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Unless tenaha got banged up bad or something, I don't think after the fight they put up Friday, That LL will have enough to take them down.. Of course this is all speculation on My part having not seen either this year.. Lol  good luck to both and no injuries... 

Unless Tenaha improves in the secondary and stopping the fullback up the middle, it may be another shootout with the last team with the ball wins just like against Troup.

22 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

My guess is lovelady catches a young tenaha team early in the year and pull off the upset  

If lovelady wins that would make 3 straight losses for tenaha going back to last year. 

If I had to guess that hasn’t happened in a long time if ever. 

Lost 5 in a row to start the 2015 season before winning the last 5 winning the district and winning 3 games in the playoffs before losing the regional final to their old nemesis Muenster.  They were mostly freshmen and sophomores though.

11 minutes ago, gator90 said:

Lost 5 in a row to start the 2015 season before winning the last 5 winning the district and winning 3 games in the playoffs before losing the regional final to their old nemesis Muenster.  They were mostly freshmen and sophomores though.

As long as I can remember tenaha always has good teams. Way back in the early to mid 90s tenaha had went way deep in playoffs. Show up to the lovelady Christmas basketball tournament hadn’t played any at all.  And the little 1a team wins the tournament. Against some really good 3a teams. It was pretty impressive. 

21 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

As long as I can remember tenaha always has good teams. Way back in the early to mid 90s tenaha had went way deep in playoffs. Show up to the lovelady Christmas basketball tournament hadn’t played any at all.  And the little 1a team wins the tournament. Against some really good 3a teams. It was pretty impressive. 

I'm not from Tenaha, I have family that is, I follow them when I can but live a ways from there.  The only time I have seen Lovelady was a playoff basketball game against Tenaha in Lufkin about 6 years ago or so.  Tenaha won but just by a few points, Lovelady put up a good fight.