The Smoakhouse Forums

Week 3 Paul Pewitt Brahmas @ Redwater Dragons

Paul-Pewitt vs Redwater  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2018 at 12:30 AM

Just now, DRAGONSDEN72 said:

Yes it will be a good match up i think too! Lol no there's no where to eat in RW

Lol. That convenience store has a nice hot box. It’ll have to make do. Not to far from Texarkana. We will figure some out.  

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Those private schools love to chunk it don’t they?

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Those private schools love to chunk it don’t they?

They did a little but i think we had 5 TO first quarter lol! They had a running back that was very very fast did i say he was fast OMG

1 hour ago, DRAGONSDEN72 said:

They did a little but i think we had 5 TO first quarter lol! They had a running back that was very very fast did i say he was fast OMG

5 TO makes for a tough row to hoe for anybody. I feel ya when talking about how to contain a speed demon. Matching up with superior speed is our biggest downfall. We have to hit them at the line cause if they get a step on us it’s all she wrote. 

16 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

What do you mean? Schedule soft? All three opponents are a division larger. 

Not at all. More like schedule appropriate. Pewitt has a schedule that fits the team and they are showing it. Good preseason test without demoralizing the kids. The kids had to be getting tired of getting rolled by Arp, Jefferson, Mineola, etc. every season.

Just now, BabyGotDak said:

Not at all. More like schedule appropriate. Pewitt has a schedule that fits the team and they are showing it. Good preseason test without demoralizing the kids. The kids had to be getting tired of getting rolled by Arp, Jefferson, Mineola, etc. every season.

100% agreed 

13 hours ago, BabyGotDak said:

Let's not embellish. Arp was pretty even, Jefferson we won more than we lost, Mineola we played twice and it was 2 of the best 3 years that program ever had.  You would have been better served bringing up Liberty Elyau. 

1 hour ago, Morriscty said:

Let's not embellish. Arp was pretty even, Jefferson we won more than we lost, Mineola we played twice and it was 2 of the best 3 years that program ever had.  You would have been better served bringing up Liberty Elyau. 

That's the "etc". Jefferson has been pretty even, but calling Arp even is a stretch. I'm not really worried about it either way, I'm just really glad to see the team doing well this year. Hopefully it translates to district.

19 hours ago, Morriscty said:

People forget we should’ve beat LE. Four tries to get a yard to seal the win but couldn’t punch it through. Oh I was #### going down 67 back home. 

Figure Paul Pewitt will win. Getting better each week reinstalling the Slot T.  Defense being taught for first time in several years.

Slot T forces defenses to play physical for 4 quarters or wont be pretty.   Where is GBB haven't heard his take on new

Pewitt team this year.  Back in the day he was a strong supporter of Pewitt football. Guess he now commenting on basketball

site since his kids go to Chapel Hill.

4 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

People forget we should’ve beat LE. Four tries to get a yard to seal the win but couldn’t punch it through. Oh I was #### going down 67 back home. 

It was 4th and less than 1. We ran the dive twice on 1st and 2nd down. Seems we went with 235 on 3rd and didnt get a block on the back side. OC was standing right there next to marker and was wanting to base block  the dive again. I wanted that as well. Others wanted to run a sweep. As it turns out the Tackle, TE, and HB, crushed that side of the dline. If we went with the dive Goforth would have gone for at least 7, but we ran the sweep and Guard watched a linebacker cross his face and we lost 4. Hey, we still only had to play Defense for 1:20. 

Coach Sib has the video and every once in a while he sends it to us, just to make us feel bad. 

As you can tell, it still eats me up. LOL

The bramers