Grapeland @ Crockett, Battle For Houston County.

CrockettDogs

2 of the top teams in the oldest county in Texas go at it for the first time in recent memory. People are calling it "The Battle For Houston County." Who comes out on top? Alot of these kids know each other personally and there's been alot of smack talk all the way from February until now. My prediction is: Crockett-56 Grapeland-20

I'm hoping for a good clean game. Grapeland has the experience and older team. All these seniors and juniors have started since they we're freshman and have played some of the best teams out there. From Centreville, Lovelady, Buffalo, Tenaha, San Augustine, Shelbyville, Beckville, Groveton, Price Carlisle. So I'm hoping playing those teams these last four years pays off. Adding those new dline and oline guys have really payed off. We haven't had a dline that cant be moved and is in your backfield every snap. 

Crockett looks really good on flim and looks like they will be a 3A Division 1 playoff team. If we can compete with them then maybe we will surprise some people come playoff time. 

8 hours ago, CrockettDogs said:

2 of the top teams in the oldest county in Texas go at it for the first time in recent memory. People are calling it "The Battle For Houston County." Who comes out on top? Alot of these kids know each other personally and there's been alot of smack talk all the way from February until now. My prediction is: Crockett-56 Grapeland-20

There is only 3 football teams in Houston co.  And I’m not sure if this is the top 2 we will find out later in the year. I think Crockett will win but I think it will be a close game. 

• Like 1

If Crockett doesn't beat Grapeland by 21 points then somthin is fundamentally wrong with this whole picture.. Grapeland may well have its best season and team, it a decade, but Crockett is supposed to beat the damn brakes plumb off that wagon.. If and that's a big if, Grapeland takes down Crockett this week, I will not disbelief anything said about Grapeland again this year.. If yall say they spank Mart at Jerry world in December, I'll say heck yeah and vote for ya.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

If Crockett doesn't beat Grapeland by 21 points then somthin is fundamentally wrong with this whole picture.. Grapeland may well have its best season and team, it a decade, but Crockett is supposed to beat the damn brakes plumb off that wagon.. If and that's a big if, Grapeland takes down Crockett this week, I will not disbelief anything said about Grapeland again this year.. If yall say they spank Mart at Jerry world in December, I'll say heck yeah and vote for ya.. 

They won’t see mart in Jerry world. Mart and Muenster are in region 3 

10 minutes ago, CrockettDogs said:

I would disagree record wise, yes but wouldn't be close if we played. Lol for example Buffalo beat Grapeland 60 to 20 last year. We were blowing Buffalo out in the beginning of the 2nd quarter this year.

Didn’t they beat you?

6 hours ago, CrockettDogs said:

I would disagree record wise, yes but wouldn't be close if we played. Lol for example Buffalo beat Grapeland 60 to 20 last year. We were blowing Buffalo out in the beginning of the 2nd quarter this year.

Your going off last year right? We would have lost no matter what to buffalo last year. But we didn't play four of our playmakers last year vs them. BJ Lamb didnt even play against them.  They would have beat yall to last year also.  If you want to go off that we killed Trinity in a scrimmage and yall barely beat them.  

We brought back alot and were very experienced team. We have played alot tougher teams then yall the past three years. Meaning yall as in the 2018 Crockett team. Not your schedule. 

Plus we added all these new kids that make a huge difference. Definitely on the Dline and Oline. That's where we were dominated at last year, and these new kids have upgraded us. #70 6-4 270 is a beast at dline for us. The dline is making the oline go backwards and free up our linebackers. Something we haven't had in a long time. Plus our dline takes up so much space with how big and long they are. 

But once again yall should beat us if your going to be a playoff contender in your district. 

2 hours ago, bigj said:

Your going off last year right? We would have lost no matter what to buffalo last year. But we didn't play four of our playmakers last year vs them. BJ Lamb didnt even play against them.  They would have beat yall to last year also.  If you want to go off that we killed Trinity in a scrimmage and yall barely beat them.  

We brought back alot and were very experienced team. We have played alot tougher teams then yall the past three years. Plus we added all these new kids that make a huge difference. Definitely on the Dline and Oline. That's where we were dominated at last year, and these new kids have upgraded us. #70 6-4 270 is a beast at dline for us. The dline is making the oline go backwards and free up our linebackers. Something we haven't had in a long time. Plus our dline takes up so much space with how big and long they are. 

But once again yall should beat us if your going to be a playoff contender in your district. 

I'm sorry but y'all have NOT played tougher teams than us the last 3 years. That's the most ridiculous statement I ever heard. NEWTON, ARP, West Rusk, DIBOLL, Franklin, and those are just the 3a teams ! I'm not even gonna get into the 4a ones. That's the craziest thing I ever heard. On the Dave Campbell texas football website they literally said we had the toughest schedule in 3ad2 last year. You can't possibly believe that.

27 minutes ago, CrockettDogs said:

I'm sorry but y'all have NOT played tougher teams than us the last 3 years. That's the most ridiculous statement I ever heard. NEWTON, ARP, West Rusk, DIBOLL, Franklin, and those are just the 3a teams ! I'm not even gonna get into the 4a ones. That's the craziest thing I ever heard. On the Dave Campbell texas football website they literally said we had the toughest schedule in 3ad2 last year. You can't possibly believe that.

Not talking about schedule. Talking about Crockett bud! The teams we played are way better then yall. Crockett. 

3 minutes ago, bigj said:

Not talking about schedule. Talking about Crockett bud! The teams we played are way better then yall. Crockett. 

The 2015 and 2016 Crockett team would blow out every single team Grapeland has played those years go to the playoffs and run through the bracket there also. We blew out 4a teams lol you obviously don't know the difference. And even still I'm comparing those teams we've played (all of which were state contending teams in 3a) to the teams you've mentioned playing and only a fool wouldn't think that they wouldn't get beat by 50+ points. You've got to be kidding me. We'll show y'all sum big boy ball come Friday. 

39 minutes ago, CrockettDogs said:

The 2015 and 2016 Crockett team would blow out every single team Grapeland has played those years go to the playoffs and run through the bracket there also. We blew out 4a teams lol you obviously don't know the difference. And even still I'm comparing those teams we've played (all of which were state contending teams in 3a) to the teams you've mentioned playing and only a fool wouldn't think that they wouldn't get beat by 50+ points. You've got to be kidding me. We'll show y'all sum big boy ball come Friday. 

You might’ve blown out 4a schools. But you got blown out by a 2a school. 2014 and 2015. 

1 hour ago, bigj said:

Dude your like talking to a wall. Nobody talking about your teams of the past were talking about the team that will line up come this friday night. I think I'm getting d talking to you. 

You said past 3 years  ?? Thats what i gave you ? And this team that will line up Friday isn't beat as good as those were but will still beat Grapelands best team in a decade+ by 21+ 

15 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

There is only 3 football teams in Houston co.  And I’m not sure if this is the top 2 we will find out later in the year. I think Crockett will win but I think it will be a close game. 

I heard a rumor that Crockett wanted to put Lovelady on the schedule a couple of years ago, but the Lions declined.  

13 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

They won’t see mart in Jerry world. Mart and Muenster are in region 3 

Lovelady won't either. 

11 hours ago, CrockettDogs said:

If Crockett had played Buffalo last year, the Bison would have beat them to a pulp. Buffalo graduated some good players, and lost a great head coach.

I graduated in 1999, and can't wait to go to this game! It's going to be a fun one!