Week 3: Alto Yellowjackets (2-0) @ New Diana Eagles (0-2) - 9/14/18

StingEmALTO

Alto (2-0) @ New Diana (0-2). Who wins?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Alto (2-0) @ New Diana (0-2). Who wins?

• Alto
    • New Diana

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2018 at 12:30 AM

33 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Hope they test yalls metal, you need that before the CC game... They gon give you all ya want and then a couple dollars more.. That game is one I really wanna see. Js. 

Double-TE, "I"-formation with a heavy dose of tunnel sweeps.  Throw in some FB dives/traps and then play-action out of it.

4 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Glad to see Alto playing some good ball. If we get the mistakes fixed we will be a true threat to make a deep run. 

I like the stats I saw that we are making the adjustments at the half. I also like the fact of the conditioning level that we are at. That was one of the true strengths of the 06 & 07 teams. You very seldom saw a cramp with them and they always seemed fresh at any point of the game. 

Alto takes this one by a bunch!

All good points! Halftime adjustments. Check. Conditioning. Check. Any comparison to ‘06-07 teams. Check, check. Lol

Looking forward to Friday! Not sure that I have ever been to Diana, TX. Ready!!!

7 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Hope they test yalls metal, you need that before the CC game... They gon give you all ya want and then a couple dollars more.. That game is one I really wanna see. Js. 

That game and the Garrison game the week before....tough. We have a 4 week stretch coming that is going to test us big time: Garrison, Corrigan-Camden, Big Sandy, & Carlisle. Thankfully the bye week is smack in the middle of all that. 

But FIRST, New Diana!! And any team that goes 4 deep in the playoffs a year ago in 3A-D2 is not to be taken lightly. One week at a time. 👍

3 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

But FIRST, New Diana!! And any team that goes 4 deep in the playoffs a year ago in 3A-D2 is not to be taken lightly. One week at a time. 👍

Don't worry. You're not. That team has graduated. You'll be facing our JV1 team. 😕

2 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Don't worry. You're not. That team has graduated. You'll be facing our JV1 team. 😕

I know y’all graduated tons. Did some of the backups get to play some during the season last year? I can remember back in the day when our second team was the second best team in our district. The first team would be done after the first series in the second half and the twos would take over and dominate the rest of the game.

41 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I know y’all graduated tons. Did some of the backups get to play some during the season last year? I can remember back in the day when our second team was the second best team in our district. The first team would be done after the first series in the second half and the twos would take over and dominate the rest of the game.

14 seniors graduated from last year's team. And dang near all of them were our playmakers and contributors. Including our stud QB and two WRs. 

We've got a few holdovers from last season that contributed. But the heart & soul (those 14) are gone and it shows. 

We've got a lot of inexperience playing now, and that shows too. 

10 hours ago, TTman7 said:

14 seniors graduated from last year's team. And dang near all of them were our playmakers and contributors. Including our stud QB and two WRs. 

We've got a few holdovers from last season that contributed. But the heart & soul (those 14) are gone and it shows. 

We've got a lot of inexperience playing now, and that shows too. 

Pretty tough schedule to boot!....and also a new coach, right? I remember following y’all each week last year through the playoffs. Special season for sure; got hot at the right time. That big win over Jacksboro was something else. What a game!

19 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Pretty tough schedule to boot!....and also a new coach, right? I remember following y’all each week last year through the playoffs. Special season for sure; got hit st the right time. That big win over Jacksboro was something else. What a game!

Yea, new HC...but he was the OC last season. Tough district last year. Even tougher this year, and a tougher pre-district too. 

Yes, a special year, with special group of players. 

Jacksboro game was unreal!! And to add to it, the game was played at The Star so it was even more memorable. 

• Like 1

I think Alto will work on a lot of things this week, we know we can run at will, the pass is the question? The score may not reflect our true offense because of the amount of passes we may be throwing Friday. I still look for a big W, but we will definitely be working on a lot of our passing woes.

12 minutes ago, Alto44 said:

I think Alto will work on a lot of things this week, we know we can run at will, the pass is the question? The score may not reflect our true offense because of the amount of passes we may be throwing Friday. I still look for a big W, but we will definitely be working on a lot of our passing woes.

Yeah we’ve gotta get something going in the pass dept. before district and playoffs. The qb will get there. He’s in a tough spot right now.

56 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Yeah we’ve gotta get something going in the pass dept. before district and playoffs. The qb will get there. He’s in a tough spot right now.

There’s A LOT to learn!....and it’s a new world! Lol Hasn’t been in that position since 8th grade! He’ll get there. Making improvements weekly. He’s a gamer and he’s only going to get better as he gets more reps and his confidence grows. If anybody can do it, it’s him!

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

There’s A LOT to learn!....and it’s a new world! Lol Hasn’t been in that position since 8th grade! He’ll get there. Making improvements weekly. He’s a gamer and he’s only going to get better as he gets more reps and his confidence grows. If anybody can do it, it’s him!

I agree, just tired of people judging off a couple games. We might be a little one dimensional right now, but we are pretty darn good at it. If you think about it, we have a all new play book, new line, new quarterback back, and pretty much all new running backs so we really aren’t all that bad on offense. We don’t have but one Senior that starts on offense, and that’s at receiver. Only four Seniors on Defense that start.

15 minutes ago, Alto44 said:

I agree, just tired of people judging off a couple games. We might be a little one dimensional right now, but we are pretty darn good at it. If you think about it, we have a all new play book, new line, new quarterback back, and pretty much all new running backs so we really aren’t all that bad on offense. We don’t have but one Senior that starts on offense, and that’s at receiver. Only four Seniors on Defense that start.

Yes sir!!! We are a dadgum good work in progress!!! And I can’t even think about next year!

5 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

From Coach Meeks:

Due to weather and field conditions we will move our JH and JV games to New Diana tomorrow September 13th. Game times will remain the same:

JH will start at 5:00 pm
JV will start approx at 6:15 pm.

That #### for y'all. Having to make that long trip twice in back-to-back days. Y'all have a safe trip! 

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

That #### for y'all. Having to make that long trip twice in back-to-back days. Y'all have a safe trip! 

Thank you! And YES, I think it’s only fair that they come to Alto twice next year! 😂 

I’m  just glad they didn’t cancel the game and that New Diana has turf!