Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Week 3: Alto Yellowjackets (2-0) @ New Diana Eagles (0-2) - 9/14/18


Alto (2-0) @ New Diana (0-2). Who wins?  

34 members have voted

  1. 1. Alto (2-0) @ New Diana (0-2). Who wins?

    • Alto
      32
    • New Diana
      2

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2018 at 12:30 AM

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

From Coach Meeks:

Due to weather and field conditions we will move our JH and JV games to New Diana tomorrow September 13th. Game times will remain the same:

JH will start at 5:00 pm
JV will start approx at 6:15 pm.

That #### for y'all. Having to make that long trip twice in back-to-back days. Y'all have a safe trip! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol,my boy is now starting center on 7th grade team...from starting rb to best snapper..his older brother did the same thing and was nominated all state center years ago...go figure,his cousin was rec

Pain.

If I hadn't promised to be in Overton tonight, I would have ran up to Diana, was only 15 minutes from my work.. Would have sat on jackets side of course.. Js 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

That #### for y'all. Having to make that long trip twice in back-to-back days. Y'all have a safe trip! 

Thank you! And YES, I think it’s only fair that they come to Alto twice next year! 😂 

I’m  just glad they didn’t cancel the game and that New Diana has turf! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hhhmm...TWO trips to Alto??!!?? Not sure about that, lol. 

Only good thing about the butt-whoopins y'all are gonna give us over those two consecutive days...we can stay at home for them and don't have a long sad trip. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Hhhmm...TWO trips to Alto??!!?? Not sure about that, lol. 

Only good thing about the butt-whoopins y'all are gonna give us over those two consecutive days...we can stay at home for them and don't have a long sad trip. 🤣

:rofl:Oh no!  Well, we'll see about the butt whoopins.  Like I said on another post, I hope we put together TWO halves of football in the same game because we've been getting by with ONE! lol  I do think we have something special going and I'm excited to see it develop.  The JV bunch tonight will give you all you want.  If not mistaken, I think they have lost only one game in three years.  The 8th graders didn't lose a game last year and the 7th grade group coming will help carry that (I think!).  All in all, we have a great group of kids 7 to 12 and they are responding well to the new system.  Expectations and excitement are through the roof!

Also, I think you will enjoy our band tomorrow night!  They bring IT! lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

:rofl:Oh no!  Well, we'll see about the butt whoopins.  Like I said on another post, I hope we put together TWO halves of football in the same game because we've been getting by with ONE! lol  I do think we have something special going and I'm excited to see it develop.  The JV bunch tonight will give you all you want.  If not mistaken, I think they have lost only one game in three years.  The 8th graders didn't lose a game last year and the 7th grade group coming will help carry that (I think!).  All in all, we have a great group of kids 7 to 12 and they are responding well to the new system.  Expectations and excitement are through the roof!

Also, I think you will enjoy our band tomorrow night!  They bring IT! lol

Not sure about our JH. My understanding is that our JV isn't very good. 

Maybe our band will give y'all a run for your money!! More than our football team probably. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, who all is making the trip from Alto this evening for the JH/JV games? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7th/8th GRADE SCRIMMAGE:

Alto 3

New Diana 1

It was a controlled scrimmage with a running clock. The teams rotated in 7th and 8th graders all throughout the practice. Hard to tell much in a scrimmage like this but I know those kids were excited to be on the field!! Most of them have been dreaming of this for  a long time!

Good start for both teams!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Not sure about our JH. My understanding is that our JV isn't very good. 

Maybe our band will give y'all a run for your money!! More than our football team probably. 🤣

We’ll see about that band thing. 😂 Not sure you have ever seen (or heard) anything like our band! Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Yes sir! I hear ya. 

Lol,my boy is now starting center on 7th grade team...from starting rb to best snapper..his older brother did the same thing and was nominated all state center years ago...go figure,his cousin was recruited to college as a center...guess it’s in his blood....lol 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

New Diana folks:  What do you recommend for Alto fans in the way of parking?  I didn't see visitor parking per se, so is it first-come, first-serve?

NICE TURF!  Glad we were able to play at your home last night as it was raining in Alto still!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

New Diana folks:  What do you recommend for Alto fans in the way of parking?  I didn't see visitor parking per se, so is it first-come, first-serve?

NICE TURF!  Glad we were able to play at your home last night as it was raining in Alto still!

Wherever...first come, first serve. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Jacksonville Daily Progress:

Alto Yellowjackets at New Diana Eagles

7:30 p.m. Friday at Eagle Stadium in Diana

Records: Alto (2-0), New Diana (0-2)

Game notes — Two brand new head coaches, Ricky Meeks of Alto and Travis Chrisman of New Diana, will match wits in this game...Alto has scored 99 points in its two games this year while the Tigers have managed to score just 20 points in two outings...New Diana was ravaged by graduation which saw five all-state players off of last year's 10-4 club receive diplomas in the spring...The Mean Sting offense really seems to be clicking and it will be hard for anyone to beat Alto by having to outscore them...Sure seems like the Jackets will make the long bus ride to southern Upshur County worth their while by coming home with a win.

http://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/area-football-roundup-rusk-looks-to-find-first-win-in/article_a48a947e-b5ff-11e8-8a01-ef4d6055e118.html

D27C544B-6849-49EB-9C6E-375CD14FC747.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Longview News Jounal: 

ALTO (2-0) VS. NEW DIANA (0-2)

Last week: Alto 51, Timpson 27; White Oak 35, New Diana 7

Time: Tonight, 7:30 p.m.

Stadium: Eagle Stadium, Diana

Notable

Alto: RB Vidareous High, Soph., 6-1, 190 (36 carries, 368 yards, 3 TDs) … RB Aaron Skinner (18 carries, 212 yards, 2 TDs) … QB Harmon West, Jr., 6-2, 200 (28 of 44, 294 yards, 4 TDs, 5 INT) … WR Skyler Atkins (19 receptions, 248 yards, 3 TDs)

New Diana: QB Brayden Rosales, 6-0, 145, Sr., (9 of 33, 50 yards, 1 INT, 19 rushes, 75 yards) … RB Carson Willieford, 5-9, 145, Jr., (2 rushes, 17 yards) … WR Aaron Simon, 5-11, 165, Jr., (4 receptions, 33 yards) … SS Jacob Choyce, Sr., (28 tackles, 1 INT) … MLB Zane Freeman, 5-11, 185, Jr., (23 tackles, 1 QBP)

Up next: Alto at Garrison; New Diana at Queen City

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not gonna make it to the game tonight. 

Can somebody keep me updated on the score/game? Thanks! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...