Longview Lobos vs John Tyler Lions  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2018 at 12:30 AM

JT looked good last night and they played with purpose, they looked like a team with something to prove and they showed it.....goodness Lee is really bad on D....

That being said Longview is going to make JT throw the ball to beat them, I dont expect JT's 7th string back (exaggerating or am I) to be running for 40 yard gains against Longview lol 

2 hours ago, MattStepp said:

JT looked good last night and they played with purpose, they looked like a team with something to prove and they showed it.....goodness Lee is really bad on D....

That being said Longview is going to make JT throw the ball to beat them, I dont expect JT's 7th string back (exaggerating or am I) to be running for 40 yard gains against Longview lol 

I just hope Cujo can keep it close against one of the best high school teams ever....lol

but seriously, who knows if Cedar Hill is better than Longview or not (cause polls don't mean anything), but I think everyone believes Longview is a very good team and going to be a tough challenge for JT. 

• Stinks 1

I think if last night's JT shows up absolutely they can keep it interesting.......if Cedar Hill JT shows up then no...my guess is maybe we see something in the middle...where JT keeps it close for a while but Longview pulls away late for a 14-17 point win

22 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I think if last night's JT shows up absolutely they can keep it interesting.......if Cedar Hill JT shows up then no...my guess is maybe we see something in the middle...where JT keeps it close for a while but Longview pulls away late for a 14-17 point win

JT is 3-0 against Longview in Longview since 2010 l. Let’s make it 4-0.

2 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Think this is pretty accurate. 

John Tyler always has talent, just a matter of if they can put it together consistently. 

I don't think Tyler Lee is a very good football team, and we all know they're pretty banged up. But man, giving up nearly 500 yards on the ground and over 700 in total is just ridiculous. 

Cujo gets some points, at least more than Marshall did, but still think Lufkin is the top team in the 5A level and won't be able to put together a performance like the Pack did defensively against us.

45-28 type win for Longview. 

2 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

JT is 3-0 against Longview in Longview since 2010 l. Let’s make it 4-0.

'18 Longview much better group than '10, '14 and definitely '16 Longview squads.

These group of kids haven't done much if any losing to TISD dating back to 7th grade. Heck they havent done much losing at all. In fact, the only loss Haynes King has as starting QB dating back to 7th grade was the 2 point Midway loss in the semis last year.

There's a reason I knew.. and was saying way back in 2015 that Longview would be very good 2017-2019. I paid close attention to what was coming up the pipeline. Truly a good group of players.

You'll see Friday. 

1 minute ago, ANTI said:

'18 Longview much better group than '10, '14 and definitely '16 Longview squads.

These group of kids haven't done much if any losing to TISD dating back to 7th grade. Heck they havent done much losing at all. In fact, the only loss Haynes King has as starting QB dating back to 7th grade was the 2 point Midway loss in the semis last year.

There's a reason I knew.. and was saying way back in 2015 that Longview would be very good 2017-2019. I paid close attention to what was coming up the pipeline. Truly a good group of players.

You'll see Friday. 

The fact remains as you like to say. We are still 5-0 at lobo Stadium until they lose 

5 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

The fact remains as you like to say. We are still 5-0 at lobo Stadium until they lose 

You're not 5-0 at Lobo Stadium.

You're on a 5-game winning streak at Lobo Stadium.

Overall, you're 7-12-1 at Lobo Stadium against Longview. No idea what it is overall, but throwing in the two games against Texas High..it's still 9-12-1.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

You're not 5-0 at Lobo Stadium.

You're on a 5-game winning streak at Lobo Stadium.

Overall, you're 7-12-1 at Lobo Stadium against Longview. No idea what it is overall, but throwing in the two games against Texas High..it's still 9-12-1.

THEY are 5-0 since 2010 does that make you feel better?

• Stinks 1