Longview Lobos vs John Tyler Lions  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2018 at 12:30 AM

1 minute ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Well even last year jt could of beat Longview at rose stadium Longview didn’t look very good that night and jt made a lot of mistakes I’m more worried about the secondary more than anything I hear Longview using it wrs more I think the run d is ok 

That game remains Haynes King's worst game as starter of the Lobos. He was way off that night. But still, JT wasn't doing a thing against our defense last year. Lots of mistakes overall by both teams though last season. 

Definitely a different setting though. King really started growing during the post season last year. Way more confident in his role as the leader from that night. Also helps that we're pretty healthy compared to that night last year. 

Excited to see what Anderson does against Cujo for sure.

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

'18 Longview much better group than '10, '14 and definitely '16 Longview squads.

These group of kids haven't done much if any losing to TISD dating back to 7th grade. Heck they havent done much losing at all. In fact, the only loss Haynes King has as starting QB dating back to 7th grade was the 2 point Midway loss in the semis last year.

There's a reason I knew.. and was saying way back in 2015 that Longview would be very good 2017-2019. I paid close attention to what was coming up the pipeline. Truly a good group of players.

You'll see Friday. 

I'm not about to hand this group any accolades over that 2010 group. There's no doubt in my mind if we don't have one of the biggest meltdowns in Texas High School Football Playoff history that we beat Cibolo Steele the following week.

24 minutes ago, Quick said:

I'm not about to hand this group any accolades over that 2010 group. 

That was my senior year.

That was my squad and I'm even admitting that this team is better than that one. 

At every position on the field.

2017 was better than 2010 too.

3 minutes ago, ANTI said:

That was my senior year.

That was my squad and I'm even admitting that this team is better than that one. 

At every position on the field.

I feel ya. I'm going to let them earn it on the field before I hand them anything. On paper, they look extremely formidable but, they have to at least get to the Semifinals first.

7 minutes ago, Quick said:

I feel ya. I'm going to let them earn it on the field before I hand them anything. On paper, they look extremely formidable but, they have to at least get to the Semifinals first.

Understood. 👍

4 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Understood. 👍

By the way, who was the Lobo teammate that took one of Denton Guyer's players in that skirmish and straight up body slammed him in front of the referees??? He didn't even get ejected from the game!!! KMSL!!! You should've heard Brent Taylor on the radio hollering. I damn near died laughing holding my side with a cramp.

26 minutes ago, Quick said:

In all fairness that 2010 team had an extremely favorable draw in the playoffs. The best team they played was Horn till the semis. Last year beating KC was huge.

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

In all fairness that 2010 team had an extremely favorable draw in the playoffs. The best team they played was Horn till the semis. Last year beating KC was huge.

I definitely agree with you in regards to that sentiment.

12 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Woah, woah.. that 2010 squad was still good though. Lol 

I don't deny that 2017 had a harder playoff road though, I mean 2010 played freakin Tomball in regionals compared to undefeated state ranked KC last year. lol

I'll never forget after losing in the state game my JR year, walking out of Floyd Casey, all everyone was saying was that they weren't expecting much from Longview the year after since we were losing big names. Tyler Mccray, Aaron Johnson, Carey Fortson, Dacedric Hunt.. we were losing some big names. 

I think folks really close to the program knew 2010 had a shot at being good in the long run. We'd always been told dating back to playing little league at Stamper Park that we'd be the class "to do it". 

Anyway, getting off memory lane, Lobo football is just better these days. Defensive schemes hasn't changed much but offensively it's way different.. and there's more team depth now. Program is very good at retaining players now. Heck, they attract players now. Back when I was in HS, we had talent no doubt but we also loss players to surrounding schools as well.

2017, 2018 > 2010

Had 2012 stayed healthy, I would've put them over '10 too. I think '13 was just as talented as '10 but lacked the leadership. 

9 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I'd take a favorable draw over what we had to go through last year, and probably this year, any day of the week personally. 

10 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

One of yall lil Cujo fans worried about Port Arthur Memorial off here but imma tell you yall would get washed by us. Better stay worried bout Longview. 

I probably know who you’re talking about. Dro? He talks a lot of smack. I wonder what he was saying last season when they didn’t make the playoffs. They will get smacked by lv this week too. That lee win has their fanbase feeling good again. It’s clear, Lee is a bad team this season. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

One of yall lil Cujo fans worried about Port Arthur Memorial off here but imma tell you yall would get washed by us. Better stay worried bout Longview. 

Man don't get worked up over stuff like.....But for real, you really think Memorial would beat John Tyler? In football?

I'm not saying they can't because I haven't seen them play, but I have never heard of football and Memorial in the same sentence, except when Jamal Charles was there.  Now Basketball, I would definitely give Memorial the edge.  

Beating Lee this yr I guess doesn't say much about JT, but beating Deer Park and Houston Madison don't say much either.

regardless, good luck to Memorial on their season.

1 minute ago, JTFAN99 said:

Man don't get worked up over stuff like.....But for real, you really think Memorial would beat John Tyler? In football?

I'm not saying they can't because I haven't seen them play, but I have never heard of football and Memorial in the same sentence, except when Jamal Charles was there.  Now Basketball, I would definitely give Memorial the edge.  

Beating Lee this yr I guess doesn't say much about JT, but beating Deer Park and Houston Madison don't say much either.

regardless, good luck to Memorial on their season.

I see you don't know much about Port Arthur Memorial football. We a little different than when we played yall many years ago. I'm sure you can do the research, good luck versus Longview. 

48 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I probably know who you’re talking about. Dro? He talks a lot of smack. I wonder what he was saying last season when they didn’t make the playoffs. They will get smacked by lv this week too. That lee win has their fanbase feeling good again. It’s clear, Lee is a bad team this season. 

Man, I thought you would at least be neutral about this game...especially since you and your Lobo buddies had words... (which I saw coming yrs ago...cause I told you those lobo fans are crazy...lol)  I guess you really do hate Cujo...lol

• LOL! 1