Longview Lobos vs John Tyler Lions  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2018 at 12:30 AM

The Lobos are for real this year, I did not see any weakness that could not be corrected in the game against a great team in Lufkin. 

I may be wrong, but I don’t see the Lobos loosing this game. 

I believe this Lobo team could be (could be) better than the two teams that lost in the state championship games. 

If they get better every game and they should, I truly believe they can win the title. 

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

1 minute ago, cowboyandchrist said:

If they get better every game and they should, I truly believe they can win the title. 

That's the most important thing.

Just improve, improve and improve. Keep a level head and see where things go. 

Making the post season is priority #1. Winning district is priority #2. And then go from there. 

53 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I believe this Lobo team could be (could be) better than the two teams that lost in the state championship games. 

IMO this team would beat those teams. Just so much depth, diversity and versatility with this team.

And they are getting better each week mainly because we're solidifying players into positions where they would thrive most.

We made a much needed change at PR from Week 1 by putting Kamden Perry there. That's huge, we may never see a muffed punt again all season with how sure handed Perry is.

Our 3rd safety/nickel position has been solidified by JR Robert Pierce who is an INT magnet. Jephaniah Lister, Jacob Johnson and Robert Pierce as our safeties is no joke. Then you have Taylor and Rodgers at corner. That's a good secondary.

The front 7 has been effective all year because there's so much depth at defensive line and LB. I could write a novel on this area of the team but cliff notes version is we're rotating up to 6 LB's at the 2 LB positions, and up to 9 DL. Just depends on the package.

No secret what Longview has offensively.