Waskom 1-1 @ Hughes Springs 2-0 Thursday Sept 13th

Wild74

Waskom @ Hughes Springs  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Slot-T Verses the Flex Bone who wins

1 hour ago, HS1988 said:

Not so much a moral victory as a guage to see where we are in week 3 against a very good team. We competed. You wanna run down HS but what do you have to hang your derby on? Your team is 0-2 in as many years against my Mustangs. We will revisit this thread in a couple weeks and see what kind of victory you call your loss to Waskom.

Ol backer likes to beat his chest when HS loses. 

Offense FINALLY showed up in 4th qtr.  Thank goodness.  Waskom defense relentless the whole game. Finally showed up on the "plus" side of the turnover game.  Pass defense is as good as I have EVER seen in W-Town.  Best Linebacking corps in East Texas pound-for-pound!! Fun to watch.  Got there too late to get stats. Did HS have 100 yds total offense?

53 minutes ago, 1WildCat said:

Offense FINALLY showed up in 4th qtr.  Thank goodness.  Waskom defense relentless the whole game. Finally showed up on the "plus" side of the turnover game.  Pass defense is as good as I have EVER seen in W-Town.  Best Linebacking corps in East Texas pound-for-pound!! Fun to watch.  Got there too late to get stats. Did HS have 100 yds total offense?

I don't think HS is a good passing team so the pass defense is still in the air imo. You will see a team air it out eventually and won't be 1 dimensional and then you can judge pass defense.

3 hours ago, 1WildCat said:

No

4 hours ago, 1WildCat said:

heard they had 88 total

15 hours ago, mustang1113 said:

Should have been 14-14 we dropped a td pass 2 of those fumbles were caused only 1 wasn't but he was looking g up because he was getting hit hard all night. Last touchdown was a gimmie game was in hand. We have them all they wanted so much for that 17 point favorite.

Hmmmmm ......... So you're saying HS quit with 3:40 left in the game down 7 with Waskom at the HS 49 ........... Don't think the Real Mustang Fans feel the same ........

48 minutes ago, WildcatScream said:

Hmmmmm ......... So you're saying HS quit with 3:40 left in the game down 7 with Waskom at the HS 49 ........... Don't think the Real Mustang Fans feel the same ........

I don't think HS quit. In a game where the teams, especially defenses were closely matched, the momentum shifted with the pick 6 by Waskom. Waskom took that momentum and used it, scoring again. It was a good hard fought game. Somebody has to win and it was Waskom. I think in all honesty the better team won. I am proud of the way our kids played! And I can see us getting better every week. This loss helped us more than a blow out win over Arp. Good luck to Waskom and Go Mustangs!

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, HS1988 said:

I don't think HS quit. In a game where the teams, especially defenses were closely matched, the momentum shifted with the pick 6 by Waskom. Waskom took that momentum and used it, scoring again. It was a good hard fought game. Somebody has to win and it was Waskom. I think in all honesty the better team won. I am proud of the way our kids played! And I can see us getting better every week. This loss helped us more than a blow out win over Arp. Good luck to Waskom and Go Mustangs!

I hear ya, hard fought game.....just hope we can get a handle on the miscues.........

On 9/13/2018 at 10:17 PM, BlueBacker said:

Waskom 21

Hughes Springs 7

I bet we will hear something such as we fought hard, we are young, we graduated linemen, we dropped a TD pass, yada yada yada  

They had a TD called back  They got homered on calls. They caught the bad breaks. They still beat you by 14.  But hey, so much for the 17 point spread. SMH

Moral victory for you again. Congrats! 

Doesn’t take much to figure out who you are.... SMH

In all reality this nonsense between these 2 towns on here need to stop. It's starting to get to personal on certain levels. I know 2 years ago I was one of the worst to bash HS and I was way out of line. It's about the kids no matter what color they are wearing (Red or Blue). Grow up and conduct yourselves properly when it matters most.

• Thanks 1