You planting for deer season this year?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Planting a plot?

• Yep
    • Nope
    • maybe
    • What's a food plot?
    • Other

We finally got a little rain so's I goes out to scrape the ground for moisture, checking to see if a food plot is happening. Nothing but dust. Caint plant the peas, brassicas, rye etc........... Guess i'll hunt the water ponds. What about you?

I have several places I usually plant ... some with clover, some oats and rye grass, some with vetch and chick peas etc. .... I have planted over 50 Dunstan Chestnut trees ... they are suppose to start producing nuts in 3-5 years ... we shall see ... planning on planting about that many more ... all grown from seed nuts ...

I planted buck forage oats a couple weeks ago. It is coming up fair.  Ill go back and re-seed with a mix of winter wheat and more oats in the next few weeks.  I prefer to plant in stages so that I have different ages of grass.  Deer tend to prefer younger vegetation, planting in stages provides for that deeper into the season.   I cant plant peas, too many pigs!!

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Keep your eyes peeled for the creepy crawlers. I’m hearing about lots of sightings of Mr. no-shoulders in East Texas. One died in a tragic accident near San Augustine yesterday. Word is, he had a rattle on his tail. I do hear that hogs are a natural predator to them. I’m gonna take Doomer’s word for it. 

12 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Keep your eyes peeled for the creepy crawlers. I’m hearing about lots of sightings of Mr. no-shoulders in East Texas. One died in a tragic accident near San Augustine yesterday. Word is, he had a rattle on his tail. I do hear that hogs are a natural predator to them. I’m gonna take Doomer’s word for it. 

We've done some de-shrubbing here in Paxton and thinned out a few snakes. Hay cutters got a few here too I hear. True Story.