Argyle(2-0) @ Chapel Hill(0-2)

regaleagle

Looks like Argyle is coming to East Texas this week for all of those that may want to see them play.  Not sure what to expect from Chapel Hill, but it appears they have had some difficulties early in the year allowing too many points.  Argyle has played 2 very good teams in Stephenville and La Vega......both with premier defenses like Argyle has.  La Vega was unbelievably loaded with talent at every position and very deep, but somehow Argyle's experience, discipline, and strong defense won out in the end over their talent and speed advantage. I hope some of East Texas will show up to this game, playing in front of a large crowd helps both teams to play better.

I went to Texas Bob's to get a look at the stadium and capacity........it's actually smaller than Argyle's by about half.  Argyle now seats right at 5000, and Texas Bob's says Chapel Hill seats only 2500.  Is this correct???  Looks like a nice stadium.......2500 would make for an exciting venue.......not too big and always fairly full of fans.  Argyle's original capacity was 2500 before expansion and improvements were made over the years.  I like the artificial turf......Argyle has it too.  Should be a good venue to watch this game, Huh?

Nah......Argyle is still too small.  Their enrollment is only 854......can't compete with schools that large.  We are like a Carthage size.......we can maybe play some 6A lower enrollment schools that are not ranked in the Top 20, but definitely some 5A D-1 schools. We whipped up on Grapevine in our scrimmage with them and they are now 2-0 for the season in 5A-D1......just to give you an example.  Not sure how we would do against a Denton Ryan in football though.......they are our neighbors.  We can beat Denton High and Denton Braswell.....maybe Lake Dallas, Prosper, Little Elm, some Frisco schools......those are all 5A's in the area.  Yep.......maybe should have scheduled some of those schools closer to home and up  the classification.......I totally agree.   Perhaps Chapel Hill called Coach Rodgers and wanted this game.......so Coach Rodgers agreed.......I don't know. Anyways......we are coming to Tyler to play them this week.  And maybe Chapel Hill planned to be back on the rise in 4A-D1 this season, but it really looks like it's not gonna happen yet.

Paris, North Lamar, and Sanger are also in our district this season (along with Melissa and Celina).  Those teams are probably on par with Chapel Hill.......maybe Paris is a step up in quality.  We've played Paris on our Predistrict schedule many times in a row.......they've given us some competitive games but never beat us. Now they  are in our district this season.

Chapel Hill's enrollment this year was 1082 compared to Argyle's 854......yet Argyle has 60 players on their varsity roster and Chapel Hill is listing only 46.  Argyle has a total of 180 on all teams......varsity, jv, and freshman combined......this season.  The program and participation in football ratio is very high for a school this size.  It's the same in all athletics at Argyle......high participation rates in all extra-curricular activities. The students here do the work and put in the hours, are disciplined and have created a winning tradition......nobody gave it to them......they earned it the old fashioned way with hard work.  I noticed that Chapel Hill has a highly ranked school system nationally also.......so they should be on an equal playing field with Argyle and Carthage......just sayin'.  

Just now, regaleagle said:

Chapel Hill's enrollment this year was 1082 compared to Argyle's 854......yet Argyle has 60 players on their varsity roster and Chapel Hill is listing only 46.  Argyle has a total of 180 on all teams......varsity, jv, and freshman combined......this season.  The program and participation in football ratio is very high for a school this size.  It's the same in all athletics at Argyle......high participation rates in all extra-curricular activities. The students here do the work and put in the hours, are disciplined and have created a winning tradition......nobody gave it to them......they earned it the old fashioned way with hard work.  I noticed that Chapel Hill has a highly ranked school system nationally also.......so they should be on an equal playing field with Argyle and Carthage......just sayin'.  

Regal, many times enrollment has little to do with the product on the field.

Obviously.......otherwise we couldn't compete against larger classifications.......that's just the facts........like it or not.  Chapel Hill does have some advantages over other schools their size and even larger as well.  So scheduling a game with them is not out of sorts.  They have been to the title game before and won it......not so long in the past.  I'm not denigrating them, I'm just pointing out some real facts.  Are you saying that CH does not have  even a chance to win this game......or what???  Or that they don't rate to play a school like Argyle???  

22 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Obviously.......otherwise we couldn't compete against larger classifications.......that's just the facts........like it or not.  Chapel Hill does have some advantages over other schools their size and even larger as well.  So scheduling a game with them is not out of sorts.  They have been to the title game before and won it......not so long in the past.  I'm not denigrating them, I'm just pointing out some real facts.  Are you saying that CH does not have  even a chance to win this game......or what???  Or that they don't rate to play a school like Argyle???  

I’m saying this year and in recent years CH would not and does not have much hope of beating Argyle. They have had quality teams in the past and have won a state championship.

So, I do believe CH should play Argyle to improve just like I feel it’s good for Argyle and Carthage to play up in classification to find opponents in pre-district to push them so they can improve.

57 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I’m saying this year and in recent years CH would not and does not have much hope of beating Argyle. They have had quality teams in the past and have won a state championship.

So, I do believe CH should play Argyle to improve just like I feel it’s good for Argyle and Carthage to play up in classification to find opponents in pre-district to push them so they can improve.

Remember Chill lost a D1 QB to transfer.  That hurts.

5 hours ago, regaleagle said:

I went to Texas Bob's to get a look at the stadium and capacity........it's actually smaller than Argyle's by about half.  Argyle now seats right at 5000, and Texas Bob's says Chapel Hill seats only 2500.  Is this correct???  Looks like a nice stadium.......2500 would make for an exciting venue.......not too big and always fairly full of fans.  Argyle's original capacity was 2500 before expansion and improvements were made over the years.  I like the artificial turf......Argyle has it too.  Should be a good venue to watch this game, Huh?

Im pretty sure Chapel Hills stadium seats more than 2500. Hendersons capacity is about 5200 and CH is not much smaller. I would guess it seats around 4500. Argyle must have grown a lot in the last few years. When I was at the Argyle/Fairfield SC game the guy sitting behind me was from Celina and I remember him saying "I remember when Argyle was just a cow pasture" lol.

This will be a tough week for chapel hill. They won’t be a pushover. I hope they can somehow be competitive this week. 

I hope they let qb #8 play this week. He played the second half against Whitehouse and looked really good.