Texas High @ Liberty Eylau

thstiger1997

33 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Texas high on homecoming guess if your non conference schedule includes Alabama and New England Patriots , Texas high will have to do.

Carthage has Pleasant Grove for our Homecoming.  If both teams win the next two weeks it could be an AP #1 vs AP #3 for a Homecoming game!  Don’t get much better than that.

3 hours ago, Hogman2018 said:

Texas High by 14 points! It will be a high scoring game because both defenses give up points! I dont why TH tries to play man to man in the secondary the whole game . You can always get peple open on them!

Actually our D has played good against Carthage 6 turnovers we also outgained them total offense if I’m not mistaken it was 13-7 in the third in favor of us but idk what I’m saying.. T-High has our number tho we play horrible against them every year it doesn’t matter if they’re 0-3 going into our game they usually play great..

13 minutes ago, LibertyEylau92 said:

Actually our D has played good against Carthage 6 turnovers we also outgained them total offense if I’m not mistaken it was 13-7 in the third in favor of us but idk what I’m saying.. T-High has our number tho we play horrible against them every year it doesn’t matter if they’re 0-3 going into our game they usually play great..

What you say is pretty much true in the Carthage game last week.  LE defense forced 4 Dawg TO’s.  LE did outgain Carthage in total yards but that stat is skewed a little since Carthage forced 6 LE TO’s and had a couple 1 play short field TD’s in the third quarter.  If LE can take care of the ball and play sound defense you guys will be just fine.  Hoping weather is clear Fri so you can get a good measurement of where this team is at.

7 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

What you say is pretty much true in the Carthage game last week.  LE defense forced 4 Dawg TO’s.  LE did outgain Carthage in total yards but that stat is skewed a little since Carthage forced 6 LE TO’s and had a couple 1 play short field TD’s in the third quarter.  If LE can take care of the ball and play sound defense you guys will be just fine.  Hoping weather is clear Fri so you can get a good measurement of where this team is at.

Thanks and yes I meant forced turnovers lol ..  but both teams did a bad job at taking care of the ball but ive stated this previously I believe y’all will be playing in jerry world again late this year for the title and I think y’all should lean more on your running game being your o-line is really good..

3 minutes ago, LibertyEylau92 said:

Thanks and yes I meant forced turnovers lol ..  but both teams did a bad job at taking care of the ball but ive stated this previously I believe y’all will be playing in jerry world again late this year for the title and I think y’all should lean more on your running game being your o-line is really good..

Thanks.  Surratt usually works on the weaker areas of our game in pre-district and then changes the game plan during district and playoffs to our strengths.  I suspect we will lean on the run game more as the season progresses, while still trying to stay somewhat balanced.  And yes weather was a major factor in the 10 combined TO’s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Thanks.  Surratt usually works on the weaker areas of our game in pre-district and then changes the game plan during district and playoffs to our strengths.  I suspect we will lean on the run game more as the season progresses, while still trying to stay somewhat balanced.  And yes weather was a major factor in the 10 combined TO’s.

Once Capps’ timing sharpens, this team is going to do great things through the air as well...👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Definitely we usually start pretty slow plus injury bug hit us again this year.. I definitely want to see y’all play PG.. 

• Thanks 1