Rhino2K

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

by Michael Synder

February 21, 2014

~~In order for our current level of debt-fueled prosperity to continue, the rest of the world must continue to use our dollars to trade with one another and must continue to buy our debt at ridiculously low interest rates. Of course the number one foreign nation that we depend on to participate in our system is China. China accounts for more global trade than anyone else on the planet (including the United States), and most of that trade is conducted in U.S. dollars. This keeps demand for our dollars very high, and it ensures that we can import massive quantities of goods from overseas at very low cost. As a major exporting nation, China ends up with gigantic piles of our dollars. They lend many of those dollars back to us at ridiculously low interest rates. At this point, China owns more of our national debt than any other country does. But if China was to decide to quit playing our game and started moving away from U.S. dollars and U.S. debt, our economic prosperity could disappear very rapidly. Demand for the U.S. dollar would fall and prices would go up. And interest rates on our debt and everything else in our financial system would go up to crippling levels. So it is absolutely critical to our financial future that China continues to play our game.

Unfortunately, there are signs that China has now decided to start looking for a smooth exit from the game. In November, I wrote about how the central bank of China has announced that it is "no longer in Chinas favor to accumulate foreign-exchange reserves". That means that the pile of U.S. dollars that China is sitting on is not going to get any higher.

In addition, China has signed a whole host of international currency agreements with other nations during the past couple of years which are going to result in less U.S. dollars being used in international trade. You can read about many of these agreements in this article.

As Bloomberg reported the other day, China dumped nearly 50 billion dollars of U.S. debt during the month of December...China, the largest foreign U.S. creditor, reduced holdings of U.S. Treasury debt in December by the most in two years as the Federal Reserve announced plans to slow asset purchases.....This is how I would do it if I was China. I would try to dump 30, 40 or 50 billion dollars a month. I would try to make a smooth exit and try to get as much for my U.S. debt paper as I could

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/news/article/china-starts-make-power-move-against-us-dollar

• 1 year later...
Guest 4to3

There were those discussing the chicken dupe as long ago as 2008. Guess it's finally been pushed through. Interesting recently I purchased a jar of minced garlic. I really had no reason to inspect the label. A few days ago I pulled the jar out of the frig for some cooking and noticed low and behold there it was on the label, Product of China. If you notice at Wally World at least in the frozen fish section "farm raised" catfish and tilapia from guess where.

I hear ya. I read labels now. BTW, lot of that raw salmon filet in Sam's is marked product if Chile while some of the frozen sockeye and North Atlantic variety is marked caught in USA but processed in China.

Cost a little more but I'm reading labels as long as they mark 'em.

It seems like the shipping cost would make it more expensive to process in China, but their wages are cheap. It seems that they could work that issue out. I know I like food prices to be low, but paying Americans would drive the prices up.

It seems like the shipping cost would make it more expensive to process in China, but their wages are cheap. It seems that they could work that issue out. I know I like food prices to be low, but paying Americans would drive the prices up.

Corporatw Greed is driving this; That & satisfying stockholder's dividends.

There were those discussing the chicken dupe as long ago as 2008. Guess it's finally been pushed through. Interesting recently I purchased a jar of minced garlic. I really had no reason to inspect the label. A few days ago I pulled the jar out of the frig for some cooking and noticed low and behold there it was on the label, Product of China. If you notice at Wally World at least in the frozen fish section "farm raised" catfish and tilapia from guess where.

When you order fish at a restaurant you better ask where they came from. Schwanns and Sysco are both selling catfish that they claim are farm raised but they are from Vietnam. You need to ask what country the farm raised catfish are from.

Fish raised in the USA are twice the price of the imports.

Govt has turned this country in a joke.

That's on us......the ignorant, manipulated American voter (kirt for example) allows themselves to be lied to in the name of a party and believes that sending the same tyrannical #### back to Washington every election will bring about change........

When you order fish at a restaurant you better ask where they came from. Schwanns and Sysco are both selling catfish that they claim are farm raised but they are from Vietnam. You need to ask what country the farm raised catfish are from.

Fish raised in the USA are twice the price of the imports.

I've always wondered why people bought farm raised catfish. Those are the easiest fish to catch.

I appreciate the reply. This country is so utterly indoctrinated even if you asked the waiter where the fish originated they would not know. I've tried it...deer in the headlights look I suppose it could be called. Scallops is another among the fish dupe while on the subject. I suppose we could call scallops seafood anyway. I don't get the omegas offered from seafood fish from farm pond brim and black bass. At least I know from where the fish came.

No one wants to hear it and I suppose there is nothing that can be done. In my life's past I think I got the real deal when it came to fish. It's not that way now.

Check your shrimp, most of it is from Vietnam or Thailand. If you find Gulf shrimp it's usually 1.5 X the price, unless you can find a shrimper that's selling their shrimp direct. You can do that here, but I don't trust those that sell it out of the back of their truck up in East Texas. As for scallops they're the 2nd best shellfish to me, because of all the bivalves they are the only ones that will only live in ocean water. I love oysters the best.

Check your shrimp, most of it is from Vietnam or Thailand. If you find Gulf shrimp it's usually 1.5 X the price, unless you can find a shrimper that's selling their shrimp direct. You can do that here, but I don't trust those that sell it out of the back of their truck up in East Texas. As for scallops they're the 2nd best shellfish to me, because of all the bivalves they are the only ones that will only live in ocean water. I love oysters the best.

While I generally agree with you, I have a cousin who sells seafood out of the back of his truck. He gets his exclusively from boats associated with his family's processing plant south of Orange. It's all 24 hours fresh off the boat. His prices are a little higher than Walmart, but I've found it to be worthwhile.

While I generally agree with you, I have a cousin who sells seafood out of the back of his truck. He gets his exclusively from boats associated with his family's processing plant south of Orange. It's all 24 hours fresh off the boat. His prices are a little higher than Walmart, but I've found it to be worthwhile.

I bought some several years ago, once, and they didn't taste fresh at all. They were selling them for $6.99 a lb for large Gulf Shrimp. They were selling at Brookshire's for $12.99 a lb so I thought I'd give them a shot. I don't know how long they had been frozen. That's why I don't trust them. I've never known any illegals to sell them as harrier made reference to.

I found a local restaurant (Captain Tom's) here, and they get their oysters from Louisiana, Port La Vaca, and Galveston Bay. Their shrimp supposedly comes from Mexico, but I've heard that they've been fishing and shrimping in U.S. waters. I told my buddy that they might come from Mexico, but they may have been caught in U.S. waters. I couldn't find the article I read in May in the Houston Chronicle, but it was similar to this : http://gulfseafoodnews.com/2014/09/14/illegal-fishing-in-gulf-grows/ . So do we truly know where our food is coming from ?

We can read the package, but that doesn't mean it's true. I've bought several products that have a large American Flag on them that read AN AMERICAN COMPANY. Package and Product Designed in the U.S.A. . MADE IN CHINA.

An American Company Made in China.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

China devalues its currency by 2%. This will cause American products to be harder to sell on the Chinese markets.

Could this be the beginning of a trade war ? Could this send the American economy into a recession/depression ?

What are your opinions on this ?

I did hear something today that really scared me. Neil Cavuto on Fox News and Cramer on NBC both threw not only the recession word out, but also threw the depression word out. They both said if the Feds raise the interest rate up too soon, you could see 1929 all over again. You really cant lower interest rates due to it almost being at 0% already.

• 1 year later...

Yo Kirt...must stay engaged?

Despite all of Trump’s loud comments, he is seen as the candidate less likely to get involved in territorial disputes with China. If Trump wins the presidency, the U.S. may take an isolationist military role at the international level, which would reflect the nationalist sentiment he is trying to engage with his campaign. The U.S. could possibly create stronger trade relationship with China under a Trump presidency as well.

http://dailyreckoning.com/china-trump-vs-clinton-election-2016/

I keep seeing reports that if Trump is elected the economy is going to suffer, of course it's the Houston Chronicle. One report was that shutting off illegal immigration is going to hurt the economy. I don't see how that's going to hurt because it will free up more jobs, less money will be sent to Mexico and will be spent here, and states will have more tax money to spend instead of on illegals from education, healthcare, and other welfare programs. Of course this idiot doesn't know their facts, because most illegals do file taxes and get the EIC and Child Tax Credit. More often than not they're not paying as much as they should be, and it hurts people that have had their social security numbers stolen. I've already told the story of how I have first hand knowledge of this fact. http://elitedaily.com/news/politics/immigrants-illegal-us-economy/1284067/ . I do know Trump would be horrible for other reasons, and still refuse to vote for him. The economy isn't a single issue to elect a President.

I keep seeing reports that if Trump is elected the economy is going to suffer, of course it's the Houston Chronicle. One report was that shutting off illegal immigration is going to hurt the economy. I don't see how that's going to hurt because it will free up more jobs, less money will be sent to Mexico and will be spent here, and states will have more tax money to spend instead of on illegals from education, healthcare, and other welfare programs. Of course this idiot doesn't know their facts, because most illegals do file taxes and get the EIC and Child Tax Credit. More often than not they're not paying as much as they should be, and it hurts people that have had their social security numbers stolen. I've already told the story of how I have first hand knowledge of this fact. http://elitedaily.com/news/politics/immigrants-illegal-us-economy/1284067/ . I do know Trump would be horrible for other reasons, and still refuse to vote for him. The economy isn't a single issue to elect a President.

I read from several sources opinion Trump will be the best candidate for gold and other precious metal safe haven investments as the over valued stock market and jobs crumble. One thing for certain Trump is an isolationist.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Mr. P changed the title to ⭐ CHINA is an Evil Empire