MavGrad's NCAA Week 3 Preview (2018)

Coach Rab

TEAM WE WATCH

#5 Oklahoma at Iowa St  11:00  ABC

Iowa St always seems to be a team to watch out for.  They do not match up well in talent with anyone, but they always find a way to sneak in a surprise win or 2.  But not this week... Sooner by 20.

#12 LSU at #7 Auburn  2:30pm  CBS

Always a good match-up on paper.  LSU's offense has more balance this year.   Auburn's offense looks great.  LSU's defense is stout.  Auburn's is what it is.  Solid.  I don't like LSU as much this year as I normally do vs Auburn due to not having Fournette or Guice.  But as always... LSU by 6.

Duke at Baylor  2:30  FS1

Matt Rhule has already mustered up as many or more wins than last season...  However, Duke looks pretty solid this year.  While I think Baylor is on their way up, I don't see them beating Duke this week.  Blue Devils by 4.

UL-Monroe at Texas A&M  6:30  SECN

Aggies by 30.

#22 USC at Texas  7:00pm FOX

I like Texas in this one for 2 reasons.  I really like the DC, Orlando, to not screw up again this season and this game is at Texas.  I don't really have any other reasons.  Both of these teams define average, and I won't be impressed with either team afterwards unless one of them blows the other one away.  Horns by 2.

OTHER GAMES TO WATCH

#17 Boise St at #24 Oklahoma St  2:30  ESPN

I really really really want to pick Boise in this one.  I think they are a solid team, well coached, etc... But, when I think of a shootout, which i believe this one will become, I always feel OSU will have a sizable advantage at DB and WR...  For that reason I will go with the Cowboys by 8.

UNT at Arkansas  3:00  SECN

@MrBuddyGarrity and our UNT guy will break this one down on the Arkansas thread.  I am going with Arkansas by 6.

Houston at Texas Tech  2:15  FOX

No defense for Tech, means no win.  Houston by 10.

#4 Ohio St at #15 TCU  7:00  ABC

Should be a good one.  This is my biggest upset of the week... meaning I only upset myself by picking them... Ohio St by 10.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

#5 Oklahoma at Iowa St  11:00  ABC

Iowa St always seems to be a team to watch out for.  They do not match up well in talent with anyone, but they always find a way to sneak in a surprise win or 2.  But not this week... Sooner by 20.

<insert snarky remark about our only weaknesses are LBs who play QB> 

Once again, I feel I have been left out in the cold, a football fan adrift in an ocean of meaningless games. Seriously, Mav, we’re playing Ole Miss, the last team to record back-to-back wins over us. I can’t even get a mention? Or at least a text from you burner phone? SMH! 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Once again, I feel I have been left out in the cold, a football fan adrift in an ocean of meaningless games. Seriously, Mav, we’re playing Ole Miss, the last team to record back-to-back wins over us. I can’t even get a mention? Or at least a text from you burner phone? SMH! 

Reckon they will cover 21 on the road?

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Underrated comment.  :lol:

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I don’t cover Bama.  They are always a lock to win for me