Center (1-2) vs Henderson (1-2)

ETxFB299

4 hours ago, Hlion said:

Definitely correct. I am just glad its non district and they aren't doing that against Palestine, Kilgore ect..

No, just against jax.  And i know you gave me that poop.  I'll let it slide for now since my pick hurt your widdle bitty feewings.

• Thumbs Down 1

44 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I think Henderson takes this one but it will be very competitive. If Center throws the ball pretty well that could be trouble IF they can give their QB time against a very strong Henderson pass rush. Jax had receivers open deep multiple times and just could not hit them. 

Center QB is a step above the Jax QB.  Not sure about those O-line.  I agree it will be a good game.  Center is playing with a lot of confidence right now.  Plus their at home.

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Center QB is a step above the Jax QB.  Not sure about those O-line.  I agree it will be a good game.  Center is playing with a lot of confidence right now.  Plus their at home.

Why would Center be playing with a lot of confidence...didn’t they just lose two in a row? I know they were to good teams,  it they weren’t exactly close games.

Neither team should feel real good about the start to their season.

19 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Why would Center be playing with a lot of confidence...didn’t they just lose two in a row? I know they were to good teams,  it they weren’t exactly close games.

Neither team should feel real good about the start to their season.

They are 1-2 on the year.  Opening game win against Tatum, then two respectable losses to Jefferson and Gladewater.  They are better than the 1-2 record indicates. They are good enough to beat Henderson.

12 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

I think Henderson takes this one but it will be very competitive. If Center throws the ball pretty well that could be trouble IF they can give their QB time against a very strong Henderson pass rush. Jax had receivers open deep multiple times and just could not hit them. 

Yes Henderson definitely needs work on FS coverage, if Center goes thru air. Needs to take better containment and on offense; the line needs to give De Leon time to find WRs. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Crawford am I wrong about the Riders?  Is Center playing with confidence despite the 1-2 record?

I would say yes. A lot credit to the coaches. They make a point to show the players the positives of the game, like where they're improving. Coach says he rarely has to talk about the mistakes, because most of the time, when watching film, they immediately see their own mistakes. But yes, Bowman instills confidence in his players, regardless who they are, or what position they play. You don't get much out them if all you do is run them down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

They are 1-2 on the year.  Opening game win against Tatum, then two respectable losses to Jefferson and Gladewater.  They are better than the 1-2 record indicates. They are good enough to beat Henderson.

I'm not saying they aren't good enough to beat Henderson, although I don't think they will.  I am saying, I don't see the same "moral victory" you see in those losses.  Yes, they are good teams, but neither game was really that close.   I don't believe those kids are feeling real good about those losses.

• Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I'm not saying they aren't good enough to beat Henderson, although I don't think they will.  I am saying, I don't see the same "moral victory" you see in those losses.  Yes, they are good teams, but neither game was really that close.   I don't believe those kids are feeling real good about those losses.

Fair enough.  They have to feel better going into district play in 9-4A D2 than they did the last two years in 9 4A D1!  And they made the playoffs both years in the DOD!