Week 4: Garrison Bulldogs (1-2) @ Alto Yellowjackets (3-0) - 9/21/18

StingEmALTO

Garrison Bulldogs (1/2) @ Alto Yellowjackets (3-0)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Garrison @ Alto. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Garrison

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2018 at 12:30 AM

8 hours ago, Cherokee603 said:

If we could get some more garrison folk in here to spar with, we could really get it going.....the Joaquin corrigan page gots it going on!

I have it on good authority that the Nacogdoches County pest prevention crew is going to bring their bug fogger trucks over to Alto a couple of hours before the game and make 8 or 10 pass with their fogger units on full blast to clear the "bugs" out of the air around the stadium before the game.  They said, if needed, they might make a few more passes around the stadium at halftime ... :drool:

• LOL! 1

18 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I have it on good authority that the Nacogdoches County pest prevention crew is going to bring their bug fogger trucks over to Alto a couple of hours before the game and make 8 or 10 pass with their fogger units on full blast to clear the "bugs" out of the air around the stadium before the game.  They said, if needed, they might make a few more passes around the stadium at halftime ... :drool:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

12 hours ago, Cherokee603 said:

Oh yea? According to who? lol didn't know they ranked schedules in high school now 😂

Lol they literally actually do !  According  to Dave Campbell Texas Football we had the hardest schedule in our entire division last year lmao. Newton, Diboll, Madisonville, Rusk, Garrsion, and Coldspring were all very very good teams last year. 

13 hours ago, Alto44 said:

You graduated in 94 or played your senior season in 94? Did you play for Gamble?

If I’m not mistaken that was Gamble first year. Me being a nuckle head in my earlier years stop me from playing my senior year. I really regret it! Young and dumb but you live and learn. You can’t get it back. These young men need to enjoy it while they can. As far as Gamble and choaching football, the man was a genius.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

After much contemplation I have decided that it is in my best interests to switch my false allegiance from Alto to Garrison.   

Sorry for any inconvenience. 

Let's go DAWGS!!!!

We’ll try to go on, Greezy!! Lol🤣 It will be tough, but we’ll persevere without you. 😂 

5 minutes ago, JACKETLIFE said:

What kind of shape is the field in? I know sometimes it can get pretty bad with all the rain we’ve been getting. Seen were a JV game was moved to keep it ready.

The field is in the best shape it has been in years. The coaches have done a fertilizer-water-gypsum regimen recommended by the county extension agent regularly since the spring. It gets cut two to three times a week by the coaches. We didn’t play on it last week because of the amount of rain we got during the week AND the forecast for rain at game time (and it did rain). New Diana has turf and it was sunny there so the games were moved. Still has a way to go to get it to where coach wants it, but I would say even at this point it is one of the nicer natural grass fields in 2A. 

24 minutes ago, JACKETLIFE said:

That’s good to hear, because it has been known for a few MUD BOWLS. Always wondered with all the speed that has came through Alto, why not turf?

There IS “turf talk!” 😂 No clue when, but in monsoon weeks like we had last week, it sure would be nice. The practice field is also in the best shape it’s been in a long time. Same kind of regimen as the game field (though not as much I believe) and also mowed 2 to 3 times a week....AND lined! That’s all on Coach Meeks. He is the king of field maintenance! Lol

We got more rain today so we’ll see how it holds up this Friday. I know what you mean about the MUD BOWLS. I have seen a bunch of those over the years!

25 minutes ago, JACKETLIFE said:

Is he only a sophomore?

Yes, Vi’Darius is a sophomore. He was the District 11-2 Newcomer of the Year last season. He didn’t get to play much at the beginning of the season because of an injury, but when he DID play in district and our one playoff game, he made the most of his opportunity. He is going to be special, and I think he probably FLEW onto everyone’s radar this past Friday with his stellar performance!