Week Four: Longview at Ruston

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (3-0) vs Ruston Bearcats (2-1)  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Ruston in a close one
    • Ruston in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2018 at 12:30 AM

Watched the Ruston/Acadiana game just now. I love the way Ruston plays. Really physical on the defensive front and a good mix of the old I formation and shotgun. Their fullback is an excellent blocker. Their run game could cause us problems if our defensive front doesn't come to play fast. And if our offensive line isn't extremely strong up front, it could be trouble 

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, LoboFan07 said:

That 2002 game against them was one of the shortest games I've ever seen in my life.

That and that Dallas Carter game in the playoffs that year that we won 17-7. 

During that 2002 game, Joel Armstrong was getting his knee scoped, so little Charlie Stavinoha started the game and did what he needed to do. I'm wanting to say we threw the ball less than 5 times that game, and there was little scoring.

I do remember each team getting 1 drive in the first quarter. We drove the length of the field and fumbled out of the end zone and then they drove the length of the field and threw an INT. And then we drove the length of the field to score, and that was like it for that game. Both teams threatened again, but our defense kept getting turnovers deep in our territory. Would be fun to watch that game again. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That and that Dallas Carter game in the playoffs that year that we won 17-7. 

During that 2002 game, Joel Armstrong was getting his knee scoped, so little Charlie Stavinoha started the game and did what he needed to do. I'm wanting to say we threw the ball less than 5 times that game, and there was little scoring.

I do remember each team getting 1 drive in the first quarter. We drove the length of the field and fumbled out of the end zone and then they drove the length of the field and threw an INT. And then we drove the length of the field to score, and that was like it for that game. Both teams threatened again, but our defense kept getting turnovers deep in our territory. Would be fun to watch that game again. 

Threw for a total of 3 times that game lol.

Got a score in the 2nd and then I believe the next possession we got an INT TD and yep, that was it.

Can guarantee we'll throw more than 3 times on Friday haha!

Looking like they're expecting rain to at least start in the area around 4 PM now. Went down to 35% around 7 PM though. Either way, y'all be safe for those traveling!

Longview is looking for their longest non-district win streak since a 18 game non-district win streak from 2001-2005. 

Lobos also haven't started 4-0 since 2005.

1 hour ago, Hlion said:

Kinda of suprised by both of those stats . Impressive considering the competition

Considering we’ve played West Monroe, Lufkin, Byrd, Abilene, John Tyler, Allen etc etc in all those years, not too surprising.